Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Frankincense
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Fractionating (removing the long chain fatty acids) does make it liquid at room temperature and more stable. The medium C8 fraction is supposed to be better for the skin but I really do not think it matters much. The fractionated is more expensive and the regular can be melted at very low temperature and disperses the essential oils just fine you do have to warm it before use though. The fractionated oil does feel less greasy.
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this for 2.5 months now and am quite pleased. The large spot that has been on my left cheek for years is almost totally gone and some dark age spots are faded. Although carrier oil is generally used for veggie oils that are longer chain it is semantics whether coconut oil can be called that or not. Carrier ois dilute and "carry" the essential oils. Coconut oil works fine for this purpose. Because it is "medium" chain it is better in some ways because some components are under 500 Daltons (the largest molecular weight that can be absorbed into the skin.

The following quote is from Wikipedia (a direct quote: "The fractionation of coconut oil can also be used to isolate caprylic acid and capric acid, which are medium-chain triglycerides, as these are used for medical applications, special diets and cosmetics, sometimes also being used as a carrier oil for fragrances."
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I wondered if you guys are still seeing results. I saw this posted a while back and had already been intrigued by essential oils. And oils in general.

I grew up with really oily skin and had an aversion to oils and too much moisturizing..But my aging skin is really more combo now so I've been experimenting..
I tried different combinations of oils and decided I liked Pomegranate seed oil because I saw it actually heal a potential break out and leave my skin looking so healthy.

I then decided to mix a blend of Frankincense, Pomegranate seed and Rosehip seed oil and I'm really liking the results. I have seen more fading of dark spots.

I had originally tried niacinamide and NAG that had worked really well on spots but had reached a plateau..and seemed to make me a little too pale if used too often.
But I also find the oil mix with Frankincense to be very anti aging in general..I use it under eyes and everywhere..

I'm sure there are other essential oils that would work good but I'm happy with this mix right now.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |