Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Oona

Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello this is is my very first post and firstly I would like to say how much I am enjoying reading various reviews . I thought I would share a really wonderful experience I have had with this product. My skin was in a rather bad state dry, irritated and generally unhappy, desperate for a product I could use day and night although I realise Dr Hauschka recommends leaving the skin to breathe at night, I purchased the Rose Cream. A weak later my skin is nearly back to normal . I would highly recommend this product in those times of desperation , money well spent.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream (30 ml)
Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream (30 ml)

A skin care classic, and the centrepiece of the Dr. Hauschka range, Rose Day Cream captures the strength and softness of the rose to nourish and protect normal, dry and sensitive skin.

Mabsy

Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! Oona you read my mind! I was just a few days ago reading some positive reviews of this cream as well as the cleansing cream. I was going to post a question about this and see if anybody here on the forum uses these products. And here you are! Anybody else out there have experiences with this that they can share? Also, is there any chance at all of EDS stocking this range in the future??

Thanks,
Mabsy.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I do! I used Dr.Hauschka's products during my 30's. I used the Rose cream on two areas that, at times, were red and raw(around my nose). It helped in that respect but the cream itself was too emoliant on a regular basis. Dr.Hauschak's products, IMO, are good but didn't "stick" as other products have. I purchased my Dr.H from a health food store and found other brands, at times not as costly, worked just as well. That is my experience. I can see how Dr.H's line would work well, really well, on certain times of skin conditions (just like every product line out there) but not on skin that tends to be problematic/sensitve/dry.

Babs Wink
Mabsy

Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Babs!

I might try it eventually but your post has quenched my need for an immediate purchase. Better get a sample of this first. My credit card thanks you profusely (as do I) Smile

Mabsy.
ajfedde

Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to say I recently tried Dr. Hauschka's sample kit (and an couple extra samples aside from the kit from his line) and I was so excited about the results. I have never had a skin care plan. In fact, prior to using Hauschka's products I don't think I ever exfoiliated (that I know of). I don't know if it was because I never took the time to take care of my skin (barely any wrinkles, somewhat flawless), or because the products are so great. The first time I used it, I saw instant results. I was amazed. I told my husband to look at me and he could see a difference. I had some redness on my cheek and that is why I decided to look into some products. The rep at Sephora recommended Hauschka's line and gave me the Rose cream. I have to say I am more than pleased. No irriation, instant results, and my skin hasn't looked so radiant since I was a teen. Smile
AJ
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
personally i prefer the quince day cream over this one..if u love the smell the rose, then maybe this one will do it for u
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:16 am      Reply with quote
i've just bought this as a present for my mother. haven't tried it myself but since i heard so many good reviews about it here i hope my mother will like it Smile
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I used Rose cream last winter, and it did wonders to my skin. Usually I have combination skin with oily T-zone, but last winter my skin went crazy. It was dry, itching, and irritated; nothing helped. This cream was a saver, my skin were back to normal in a week. It is very rich cream, so I think for summer it's too much even for dry skin. Very Happy
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I love the scent of this cream and its richness. I agree with Jumpingball that in the winter this cream is fantastic. A little too heavy for me in the summer but for other seasons it's great. Leaves the skin soft and smooth and smelling lovely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
My mother in law has dry/sensitive skin and swears by this moisturiser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
The smell alone makes the Rose cream a keeper!
parsleythyme

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
this cream is good in winter for dry skin.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Barbara Portno wrote:
I used Dr.Hauschka's products during my 30's. I used the Rose cream on two areas that, at times, were red and raw(around my nose). It helped in that respect but the cream itself was too emoliant on a regular basis.

I totally agree with you, Barbara! It's a great rescue cream for those moments where your skin is really dry, but not on a daily basis for sure!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have just finished a sample of this cream, although very emollient I did not experience any breakouts whatsoever. I will be purchasing the full size.

gottaHAVEitALL wrote
Quote:
It's a great rescue cream for those moments where your skin is really dry

I totally agree!!!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
This cream is good in winter for dry skin.But also good for oily skin,during the winter time my skin around mouth and nose have get red and peel ,l have apply a small amount on the area ,in just about 2-3 days ,all my this skin problem is gone.

It was amazing cream !!!
jiaj
5% products discount

Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I got a free sample of this rose cream. I am trying it now. I like the scent very much and it seems to be easily abssorbed when I apply it.
nyamyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use the quince cream after the cleansing milk. I barely need makeup these days, just some lipgloss and a little eyeline and I'm set. There are days I don't even need blush, my skin never looked better thanks to Dr. H.
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I love to smell the rose Laughing But i think it maybe oily for combination skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
rose cream is for dry skin
swissmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have used this on really dry spots during the winter and it worked very well.
Sheens
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this cream. I used it when my skin was at its worst;I was getting spots upon spots due to medication but I still had dry patches. I have to say it didnt make the spots worse (I was always gonna get them, nothing I could do that would stop them because of the pills!) infact it calmed down their irritation and redness. I guess because rose is soothing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
i think it's too rich for me, maybe in very cold place it's ok.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Rose Day Cream for several years, and it's worked wonders for my dry, sensitive skin.

In my experience, the key to the Dr. Hauschka line, which I use almost exclusively, is finding the right product for your skin type. The rose cream is designed for use with sensitive skin; there are other products better suited to oily skin.

Before I began using the Dr. Hauschka line, my skin broke out all the time. Thus, I concluded that I had oily skin, so I bought the Dr. H products formulated for that skin type. They didn't work for me at all. I experimented a bit (thank goodness for free samples!) and discovered that my skin was breaking out not because of excessive oil but because it was hyper-sensitive and was reacting to the products I was using. I started using the rose cream and was thrilled with the results. Breakouts are now a very rare occurrence, and my skin looks lush and radiant day-to-day.
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use the quince cream when I was in northern China where it's really windy and dry, this moisturizes well and smells lovely.

One of the thing is the price goes up dramatically. I got by first tube in 2002 for less than 7 pounds...
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I like the smell! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |