Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Crows feet/under eye lines getting worse daily
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Beard_Boy

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, this is my first post here on this forum. I am having a serious dilemma right now. Every single morning I wake up for the past few weeks my under eye lines either get deeper or new ones appear. This only happens when I lay on my side and my face scrunches up. I am only 27 and have never had any issue with crows feet or lines under my eyes. I have always been a side sleeper my entire life and never noticed any lines from sleeping. Now it's so bad that if I slip up and lay on my side for even an hour or so I will wake up with a new line. What in the heck? I've resorted to tying my hands to the bed post so I wont roll over mid sleep and lay on my face. I feel like I cant even sleep anymore. I'm not sure what could be causing this. I've been really depressed/stressed the last 2 months and was binge eating junk food and drinking a ton of caffeine while not drinking any water or doing any skin care at all. This is when I first started notice one line under my left eye getting worse upon waking. I have since corrected these habits for the last couple weeks, moisturizing and hydrating/eating good foods and I'm not stressed anymore. But my lines under my eyes are only getting worse and fast. The lines were mostly only the left side of my face. But I woke up this morning and now have a big gash under my right eye. Why is my skin deteriorating so rapidly and what should I do to prevent this from getting any worse? I honestly am afraid to sleep at this point. Thanks in advance for any replies.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Okay at 27 years young, you are still growing and developing but you need to take action now. Side sleeping and scrunching your face into a pillow is just a bad habit that you need to change, and it can be done. I slept on my side for years, and noticed my face in my early 30’s took on a haggered and wrinkled look too. I was also using Retin A at the time and had doubts that maybe that was the cause and so raised it with my derm. The derm told me that if I wanted to age well I needed to sleep on my back period. I set about making that a new habit and it worked a lot.

Now also at 27 with lines, it may also be linked to your diet and plain old water. I know some of the experts seem to say that you need to be drinking water (and one frankly even suggested that any lines are about not having sufficient water – I’m not sure I believe that fully but sharing it as you may come across it when you research more). The not sleeping is also a big issue and probably why your skin is looking stressed and unwell in those areas. Are you able to talk to a doctor about these concerns because sometimes they can be due to a medical condition or issue, and they may be able to prescribe something to make the stress a little less.

Great re the eating good foods and moisturizing, but a few weeks isn’t long enough to see results. Its probably taken a while for these results to appear so it will take equal time fo rhtem to lessen. With the gash under your right eye again it may be work while checking with a doctor on this.

Your obviously under stress which is not helping and it may be due to a medical condition which is why I’m suggesting checking in with the doctor to get the all clear.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Can't eye cream improve this condition? Try sleeping on your back.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:38 am      Reply with quote
It sounds to me like your skin is not bouncing back quickly. Also, like something is wicking out the moisture of your skin.
At your age, I would expect skin to bounce back. That being said, being stressed will always be visible on skin.
I would recommend 2 things:
- silk pillows - cotton really draws out moisture
- check humidity in the room. If too dry (heating on for example), skin will suffer. For a start, try to keep a glass of water near the bed when you sleep.

Take good care of yourself and rest assured nobody else sees all the things that we see.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |