Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please share your FAVORITE COMPACT PRESSED POW/FOUN W/SPF
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mayet_808
5% products discount

Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for a handy compact pressed powder/foundation in one with high spf and for normal/oily skin. I am using kanebo revue pressed powder/foundation but spf is only 20. Would be better with spf20+.
Mabsy

Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Jane Iredale pressed mineral powder foundation. It has an SPF of 17 but I use additional products with SPF when I need them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:34 am      Reply with quote
I too would have sugested the Jane Iredale pressed powder foundations, in fact I don't think I know of another that has SPF Laughing
I am guessing that most of the mineral powders act as a foundation and have built in SPF.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
No doubt, Jane Iredale pressed powder! I have combination skin and use the JI flocked sponge with it to get a flawless look. There is no other powder even comparable with it. I have a light tan and olive toned skin and use the color "warm sienna" Very Happy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:37 am      Reply with quote
For pressed it's gotta be Jane Iredale for me too. I think her pressed has one of the highest spfs. You could used a higher rated sunscreen under it if you need more protection? I use Avene spf 25 under mine although I don't think I need that much spf, it's better to be safe than sorry. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm not a powder wearer, but I've heard very good finishes with Paula's Choice spf 15 powder and Pur Minerals.
Mayet_808
5% products discount

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
you guys are very helpful. i am asian with brown/tan/olive/oily skin. im still confuse,which is better JI base loose powder or pressed. i just want to choose one and then wants to get the purematte pressed powder or absense since i have oily skin...please help me decide Crying or Very sad also what color? so much confusion on buying make-ups. thanks gals!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I hate to be repetitive, but I have to agree with everyone and vote for the JI pressed powder foundation (my shade is “Amber” during the summer and “Warm Silk” in winter).

Mayet -

You should go to the Jane Iredale official website and use their “store locator” function (I think you just type in your ZIP code) to find a spa, store or dermatologist in your area so you can go have a look at the different JI mineral shades because it’s very difficult to tell which color will suit an individual simply by looking at the sample photos online or having a stranger guess which shade will suit you based on a verbal description.

If it turns out that there aren’t any JI retailers in Honolulu, then your next best bet would be to order samples of the JI pressed powder fromwww.skin-etc.com. It’s a company located in Dallas and they offer samples of both JI pressed and loose foundations for $3 each, plus a flat shipping rate of $5, no matter how many samples you end up ordering. The great thing about these samples is that they are generous enough to actually last a fair amount of time – I got three months use out of my sample before I had to break down and buy the actual compact!

HTH,
Carrie

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yes...agree with all above...stick with the pressed base if you have oily skin...the loose powder will leave you shiny and has shine to it, while the pressed is completely matte (I use the loose as a highlighter on special occations) Very Happy
Mayet_808
5% products discount

Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
i just ordered samples from skin-etc. pure matte powder, loose powder(natural) and 3 pressed powder(radiant,warm silk and amber). im excited to try it.
ksmith5
5% products discount

Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I think reading this site is eventually going to bankrupt me! Shock But my skin has never been so healthy! Very Happy

I too ordered samples of the pressed powder from Skin-Etc in two different shades (warm silk and satin) to see if I like the J.I. line. Right now I'm using Benefit's Get Even powder and I love it, but I'm always on the lookout for anything that is better. I'm excited about getting them... I think they should arrive today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

5% products discount

Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
hi ksmith,
how's your pressed powder? i didn't get mine yet, i guess bec im in hawaii.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |