Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I love mountianroseherbs I have purchased from them for years with no complaints, I am not farmiliar with the other brands mentioned. I think some out there just over charge! As long as it is cold pressed and unprocessed it is good and MRH sells high quality products.

Riley,
I love to play and have disgustingly normal skin I have used Coconut oil it works just fine, and smells yummie! Just be careful it may have you pulling out the blender and whipping up Pina Coladas Bad Grin

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Riley,
I love to play and have disgustingly normal skin I have used Coconut oil it works just fine, and smells yummie! Just be careful it may have you pulling out the blender and whipping up Pina Coladas Bad Grin

HTH

DM

Ooh, that sounds good, DM! Laughing I actually do use the coconut oil in my green smoothies, and it just dawned on me that maybe I could use it also for the OCM!
Vor
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
1/6 castor, 2/6 avocado and 3/6 jojoba seems to do nothing with my fine lines and drooped under eye area.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Vor wrote:
1/6 castor, 2/6 avocado and 3/6 jojoba seems to do nothing with my fine lines and drooped under eye area.

Vor, I would not expect the oil cleansing method to have any effect on lines or drooping skin.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Riley,
I'm on my way, bring some good Jamaican rum LOL
I agree about the droopy under eyes and wrinkles. The massaging can help with circulation and collagen production, but you really need to stick with it and takes a while!
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I heard avocado oil had wrinkle smoothing effect.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Yes Vor,
Some people use it to plump lips and smooth out lip lines

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Darkmoon,
Sorry I've got another question for you: can I use OCM on areas where acne has scabbed? I always have a few of those spots from using overly drying AHA or sulphur pimple treatments, and I'm concerned about how to thoroughly remove the oil from those areas without scratching off the scab or scarring... Thanks!
Swan

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
FatSwan,

Just use the hot cloth without scrubbing on the scabed area, repeat until clean. Just keep patting gently. A tiny drop of Tee Tree oil plus Vitamin E dabbed very lightly on the scabs should hasten the healing, I would do this before bed, leaving enough time for it absorb, don't want it migrating into eyes.
BTW,
No problem with questions, I will happily answer what I can Very Happy

HTH
DM

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Quick question...
Where can I buy Jojoba Oil in Canada, and what brand????
Vor
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
peachjuice wrote:
Quick question...
In a random skin care stall maybe? C'mon, they even sell it in Estonia.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Not in Canada,
But any brand that is 100% Jojoba oil is fine, I live in USA and there are many brands sold at every health food store I have been in. If all else fails you can order it online from a multitude of suppliers.

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
peachjuice wrote:
Quick question...

I know this is from am acne board, but the same question was posted with several suggestions as to where to buy. Here is the link:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Jojoba-Oil-t124489.html

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Darkmoon,
I finally found pure castor oil here, is it supposed to be thick and heavy like syrup and not at all spreadable? The one I got is not cold pressed or fancy, and it's for topical use only (not for oral consumption). Does the texture sound right? Thanks!
Swan

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:49 am      Reply with quote
FatSwan,
Castor oil is thick and heavy compared to most oils (in liquid form) that you are used to. You will find it spreadable once you mix it with a different oil. Just make sure not to use more than 50% and it will be fine. I also rub the mixture between my hands to warm it before applying it to face as body heat will "melt" it and make it easier to massage on your face. I am sure you will be fine once you try it. You can always start with a lower percentage of the Castor oil if you wish.

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:59 am      Reply with quote
[quote="kayanl"]I was over at LHC and saw a post about the Oil Cleansing Method. Then I thought about all the EDS members who have tried this with mixed results and also of DHCC (which really is just a variation of this) and seeing as it was a huge success among LHC members, I decided to try this. Here's what I've experienced so far:

Day 1: Used a 50%/50% mix of grapeseed oil and castor oil. I massaged for about 7 minutes and about 5 minutes into it I had 4 dried up sebum plugs come out from my cheek and chin area. Alas the blackheads on my nose refused to budge. After washing off the oil a sticky residue remained and the next day I had 3 white head like inflamations. Maybe I should have used less castor oil! However, there was no visible oil sheen and the next morning I discovered that the cystic acne bump on the side of my face had shrunk significantly. Miraculous!! The stupid thing had been there for over three months...

Day2: Mixed ~1/2 tbsp. grapeseed oil and 4 large drops of castor oil. Only had one sebum plug come out. After washing, skin felt a little tight, but was so very soft and glowy Very Happy. Also the inflamations from the day before had disappeared without a trace and there were no resulting breakouts this time.Very Happy

Day 3: (Just now) Used the same oil proportions as yesterday. During the massage I not only had a sebum plug come out, but a bunch of smaller black plugs! It seems that I finally got rid of the blackheads that had taken up a permanent residence on my nose. However this has left several gaping (clear) pores right at the tip of my nose. Sad Hopefully this will clear up.

I will continue to experiment and see how my skin likes this, yet based on the past couple of days I would say that I've been converted to the OCM. Is anybody else here willing to contribute to the experiment?[/quot
thx
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Tiffany121,

Those empty pores do annoy in the beginning, you can use some toner, I also recommend keeping it in the fridge the cold helps close them. Also a firming clay mask helps as well. I have found sticking with this really helps pores diminish.
Hang in there and it should all improve, it doesn't all happen overnight and everyone has unique experiences.

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Question: Supposedly you are supposed to wait 30 minutes after cleansing skin before using a retinol product. Does this apply as well to OCM if that is my cleansing method?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Lemon wrote:
Question: Supposedly you are supposed to wait 30 minutes after cleansing skin before using a retinol product. Does this apply as well to OCM if that is my cleansing method?

Yes, because I think that it's advised to apply Retin-A to completely dry skin to avoid irritation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
My educated guess on waiting 30 minutes would be yes, I don't use Retin A but if that is the recommendation I would err on the side of caution and wait no matter the cleansing method.

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to post a link to
an article listing the benefits of many common oils (not all we have discussed) to the skin as well as which are best for different skin types. I know there are many oils besides these but it is a great place for novices to oils for your skin to start learning.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Beneficial-Oils-for-the-Skin&id=790281

HTH
DM
ETA
A second source:

http://www.natural-skin-care-info.com/natural-skin-care-recipes-carrieroil.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Is it necessary to use a hot wash cloth after that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
It is really one of the best ways to clean all the oil off, some steam over a bowl or use a facial steamer, it should be hot but not painfully so.
If it makes you really uncomfortable you can just wash very well after and continue your regular skincare routine.

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:21 am      Reply with quote
ohhh because when I do ocm, I just use a hot water to wash off and a normal cleanser after that. But I dont see my blackheads disappearing so I thought I may be doing it wrong.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:37 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust,

Could you post what you are using and how often as well as how long you massage?
Might have suggestions if I knew more.

DM
ETA Applying the hot cloth until the oil and gunk is completely removed is crucial to open the pores and not leave any nasties behind. Keep rinsing and applying it until you remove all oil.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |