Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Wahey! The 1000 Hours is fantastic! Very Happy

Thank you so much, carekate, for letting us know about it!
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have a 1000 Hour Lash question... Is the blue/black color that you all talk about actually called "midnight blue"? Because I wanted to order the blue/black and I couldn't find "blue/black" as a color choice on line. They have "black" and then "midnight blue" as a choice. Also, I want to do my eyebrows. Would midnight blue make my eyebrows a dark blue?

Thanks,
Rita
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
When removing this product it burns my eyes to the point where I have to flush them with water several times. I've tried gently swabbing it off with cotton balls, a damp face cloth and even showering it off but it still gets in my eyes. Maybe I'm putting too much on. Is this happening to anyone else.?

BTW, I love the results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Is this product exclusively available only at Sally's?

Since reading carekate's posts, I've been obsessing over the tiny blonde ends of my lashes. Mad I want to know where to buy it and if it's only at Sally's or not. The store is not exactly near me.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
No, not available in stores. You have to get it online...and to do that, you have to read this entire thread, because none of us are allowed to tell where we got it. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hey you all, is "blue/black" shade the same as the "Midnight Blue"? Or is it different? I couldn't find "blue/black".

Thanks,
Rita
Yogaholic
5% products discount

Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope, I follow my aestheticians method, which is applying a thick cream under my eyes and placing paper wedges on top. I then saturate my lashes (in a downward motion) with the tint using a little brush (looks kind of like a nail polish brush). When the tint is done, I swipe the dye and cream off with cotton rounds and flush my eyes with opti-free contact solution. For me, the solution eases any redness and burning the tint causes.

Rita, yes, midnight blue is blue/black.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, Yogaholic. I'll give that a try next time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Well, I just bought and used it for the first time recently and got Midnight Blue. It's a really dark blue that does look like black, so I think this may be the blue/black everyone's referring to.

Hopefully, carekate or someone else who's also used it can verify that, just to be sure.
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Yogaholic... I'm gonna order this stuff in a few minutes. I can't wait till I get this kit in the mail.

Majorb, how did the tinting turn out for you?

Rita
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy I'm so excited!!! I just placed an order for the 1000 Hour Lash Tint Kit in "Midnight Blue". I can't wait to try this stuff out. I have brown/black lashes, but I could see the blond tips in the sunlight when I checked my compact mirror this afternoon. This evening I tried to use some of my regular mascara cause I wanted to darken those tips, but I didn't like the way my lashes looked after putting it on. All I can say is "YUCK!" They looked "made up" and clumpy. I don't know what I ever saw in regular mascara before Lucia/Ardell. Thanks so much you all for all the information. I'm all set with the Lucia/Ardell combination, and with 1000 hour lash on the way, my lashes are gonna be so pretty.

Rita
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
So, I ordered my Ebony 1000 lashes kit and it was here in about a week! I was away on vacation so I'm not sure when it came but it was fast!

I used the tint today and LOVE the results!! I could also use half of the mixture suggested on my scant lashes so it is such a deal. I'm so done with wearing mascara all the time. My eyes feel heavenly without mascara on them and look fabulous!

I put Vaseline on my upper lid and under my eye and the paper towel patch they suggest under my eyes. I mixed it up with the plastic wand and applied it with a q-tip. It looked all gloppy and yucky, I didn't close my eyes at all. Left it on for 10 minutes and took a wet q-tip and worked it off by dabbing and then cleaning my q-tip off occasionally. When most of it was gone, I used a damp cotton pad and wiped the rest off then showered using Cetaphil to clean my eye area. Voila! Oh ya, while applying, I got a bit on one rim and used a damp q-tip to remove it which a bit uncomfortable but it didn't really sting or anything.

Next time I will use a mascara wand instead of a q-tip.

Editing to add I did not make a mess at all! I didn't end up dying anything but my lashes, so the key is the Vaseline I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Rita - I applied it in exactly the same way as Lolli, but without the Q Tip. I just used the mixing wand, although I think I might try a clean mascara wand next time.

The instructions come with outlines of undereye patches printed upon them. You just trace the outlines onto some kitchen roll and cut them out. After carefully applying some Vaseline with a Q Tip underneath your eyes and on your upper lids (make sure you don't get any on the lashes themselves or this will stop the colour "taking"), these kitchen roll patches can be gently pressed under your eyes. They'll stay in place because of the Vaseline.

When the time was up, I dampened some cotton pads with warm water, closed my eyes tightly and gently wiped the excess dye away from eyes. Afterwards, I kept splashing the area with lots of fresh lukewarm water to make sure any remaining excess dye had gone. I was lucky not to get any stinging.

Eventually, when I took a really good look at my new eyelashes, I was completely wowed! I've been using the Lucia/Ardell combination, like you, and my lashes looked amazing!

I don't bother wearing mascara now. Also, when I was in my local MAC store yesterday, the SA kindly applied some Fluidline for me to try and was amazed when my "lovely, natural-looking mascara" turned out to be just a tint! She even asked me where she could get hold of it! Very Happy

About the colour, it doesn't look at all blue on me. It just gives an almost-black colour that is very flattering and doesn't look as stark on me as black usually tends to. I really think you'll like it.

Doesn't make your eyelashes look thicker, but certainly enhances them and makes them look so much longer - but without all the horrible clumpiness that mascaras can give. No flaking either!
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Majorb for your response. Oh, I'm soooo looking forward to tinting my brows/lashes when I receive this in the mail hopefully this week. I'm so glad I didn't order the black tint instead, cause my brows would probably look too dark in comparison with my hair color which is dark brown. It sounds like everyone loves the midnight blue (blue/black). I'll keep you all posted once the tint arrives and I apply it. Oh, I so don't like traditional mascara anymore. Thanks a million you all.

Rita
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hey you all, I had a quick question... does anyone use the Dreamlash in addition to Lucia/Ardell??? I didn't want to splurge on that also unless it makes a difference. I would end up using 1000 Hours Lash Tint/Lucia/Ardell/Dreamlash. That would be quite a bit of stuff. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep the occassional unnoticeable particles from Ardell from getting on my contacts.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to hear how you get on, Rita! Very Happy

And don't worry that the stuff in the tube looks rather blue - your lashes won't end up that exact colour! (I was a little worried when I first saw it. Shock Very Happy )

As for the Dreamlash, I decided against it. Carekate said she thought the Lucia/Ardell combination seemed to work better for her. I trusted her advice and am absolutely delighted with just the 1000 Hours Tint, Lucia and Ardell. For me, it would just have been an extra step to have to incorporate into my routine and an extra expense, and I really don't think I need it.

Get ready for some seriously fantastic fluttery lashes, Rita! Very Happy
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Majorb, I definately am looking forward to my new Rolling Eyes fluttery lashes. -I wish this character had lashes on her. Do you get those particles from the Ardell in your eyes? I generally feel like I have something on my contacts.

Rita
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:42 am      Reply with quote
FYI - in my experience, I don’t get any of the white flaky stuff when using Ardell that Rita talked about. Ironically, I got the white flaky stuff when I was using DreamLash. It’s for that reason that I cut back to using DreamLash only at night, although these days I don’t use the DreamLash at all anymore....I guess what I’m trying to say is that if you had problems with white flakes with Ardell, you might experience even more problems if you got the DreamLash, too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
LOL at the smilie! Very Happy

I've been very lucky in not experiencing those little white flakes with the Ardell.
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I ordered my kit over the weekend. Hopefully it will be here sometime this week. I can't wait

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carekate for the info., I was about to place a bid on Ebay today for the Dreamlash thinking it might not flake. I definately don't want it if it's gonna be flakier. Whew! You saved me some $$$. I decided to change my application routine...

Last night, I applied the Lucia by itself before bedtime, and this morning I applied the Ardell by itself to see if the flakiness would clear up (since I was using both the Lucia and Ardell in the morning). I found that the flake problem has cleared up. For some reason, the layering of Lucia then Ardell on top may be too much causing flaking. {I probably put too much of both products on my lashes which could also be part of my problem}. Well, applying these two separately, one in the AM the other in the PM will work out better for me... one tube of Lucia will last me 2 months instead of 1 month. {I like the Ardell in the morning as my mascara since the curl holds up all day after using a traditional curler.} May lashes look fantastic! My lashes have multiplied... new lashes are gradually catching up to the longer ones in growth. And I'm waiting for my 1000 Hours Tint Kit to arrive... any day now.

Thanks for all your advice,

Rita
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
In following Caretake’s rave reviews about the 100hour lash tint-I KNEW I had to purchase it. I have been using Roux forever, well because that’s all I thought was out there; the mess and the fact it doesn’t last very long on the lashes (two-three weeks) was always a disappointment-but I thought “What the heck else can I do?”. So this is a must have, but the only bummer was that it was directly before my vacation to Costa Rica and I didn’t have time to place an order.

The Lucia Essence was also a must have for me-after reading everyone’s great results. But again I had to wait till I got back.

In the meantime I could acquire the the growth stimulators Ardell & Dreamlash before I left. I had purchased the Ardell and Dreamlash at the beginning of this month before I left for my vacation. I came to find out very quickly I preferred the Ardell over the Dreamlash-and used the Ardell extensively on my lashes and the Dreamlash on my brows. I have used it religiously and I gotta say I love the Ardell ; it definitely works. My lashes are much healthier and denser.

So I ordered the Lucia and the 1000hour the minute (or so) that I got back. The 1000hour tint came in so fast I was amazed. I waited till I had ‘alone’ time (no kids, fiancés around) to use it. I was amazed at how simple it seemed. I didn’t have the spooly wands that carekate has or the little detailed ortho brushes either (I think I’ll be purchasing these for the next time) so I used the stick that came with it. I was shocked at how thick the consistency was as I was so used to watery activator and color from the Roux and looking like Bettie Davis for a few minutes. So the stuff applied thick, kind of like a mascara-which is why I wish I had the ortho brushes…but persevering, I applied it to my lashes with absolute minimal mess-not a spot on my skin. It’s so thick-it makes it easy to apply.
I did get teary eyed due to getting it on the underside on my lashes next to the root-it may be I’m sensitive. I waited a few minutes, then used an eyebrow brush and dipped the tiniest bit on it to put on my brows (blonde all the way otherwise) and wow- it went on so fabulous.

I waited about 15-20 minutes from the time I put on the lash tint and WOW!!!! My lashes and brows look absolutely gorgeous. Combined with the Ardell, I don’t even want to go near mascara.

Thank you Mabsy & carekate for getting us this valuable info-I am thrilled.

Can’t wait till the Lucia arrives.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
ok....I couldn't stay away. I just received my 1000 hour lash colour in Dark Brown, and I'm kinda scared. Has anyone used the dark brown? I was nervous about the midnight blue being too harsh for me. My eyelashes and eyebrows are so blonde, they are clear. I thought I'd try the dark brown on my lashes and maybe a light application on my brows. I'm excited to try this, after reading so many positive reviews! Just a wee bit nervous about doing it right! I'll wait until the weekend when I have more time.

If anyone has used the dark brown, I'd love to hear comments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Debra - I use the Dark Brown and my lashes are (were) very light like yours. They dyed to a very, very dark almost black color. It's been several weeks now since I first dyed them and still do a double take when I pass a mirror because my bottom lashes are so visible - it almost freaky looking. It's been probably 20 years since I last wore mascara on the bottoms so I'm not used to the look but I do love it, although I do wish it was somewhat lighter.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still waiting on my 1000 Hours Tint Kit.

How often do you ladies re-tint your lashes with the 1000 Hours Tint?

Thanks,
Rita Wink
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |