Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this cream from EDS. As I still have tons of eye creams and gels in my cabinet to try, I passed this to my mum.

Wow, the result was immediate on her (after using it only for a few days). Those lines around her eye areas seemed to have disappeared overnight (no kidding !! ) and she looks younger with lesser wrinkles around her eyes. The cream also help to "pump" up her droopy eye lips a little. She loves this cream so much and is considering getting it after she has finished with the sample. Well….haha …. She didn’t know the price yet….. :P and I can foresee that she will get my dad into sponsoring her this cream, by hook or by crook :P
Mabsy

Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear your mum got such great results from it. I've just started using my sample a few days ago. I quite like it so far but I'll wait till I finish and see what I think of it then.

Like you I have way too many eye creams in my bathroom. I'm wanting to make myself go through them all before I buy ANY other eye cream, but the Cellcosmet one looks very tempting.

I REALLY need to work on my will power hey!? :P

Mabsy.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

Yah, i do agree with you, its really tempting to try new products.

And i need to keep my fingers away from the cellcosmet eye creams so that i can "concentrate" on my other eye cream. ....haha...maybe i will try to steal a little of the cream from my mum and see if it works for me too.

I am currently using Decleor Eye Serum which i got as a GWP from my purchases and i like it very much. Smile I use it under my Sisley Sisleya Eye Cream .

So which eye cream (s) have you tired out so far? How's the PTR Eye Cream K ?

Love SL
Mabsy

Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
How is the Sisleya Eye Cream? Is it a light one or a rather rich one? I haven't tried that one yet.

I've tried quite a few eye creams really, like I said, it's a bit of an * spam alert * Smile I've tried most of the Nivea, L'Oreal etc brands but never found one that I liked. I still haven't tried the Almay Kinetin one. I hear it's quite good (one of them is, they have two - one in a tube and one in a pot; can't remeber which one is good but it's the one we don't have in Australia. Figures!) I've tried the Body Shop Eye Gel and really didn't like it. I've also tried some copper peptide cream. Can't remember what it was called but it wasn't anything special anyway. There was also an eye gel with chamomile in it that I got from the USA which also promised to get rid of my circles but did nothing (can't remember what it was, it was something from natural ingredients).

Orlane B21 Anti-Fatigue was very nice, a very light moisturising lotion. Clarins Eye Gel was good (perfect for post sad-movie-watching; clears up redness and puffiness real quick! Smile), Clinique Moisture Surge Eye Gel was average though Clinique All About Eyes is good. Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream is REALLY good but very rich, I only use this in winter (or on airplanes) and not everyday. Didn't like the La Mer Eye Balm (I found the original Creme de la Mer better for the under eye area than the eye balm). Chanel Eye Protection was crap (sorry Chanel, but I really didn't like it!). That's the one with the SPF in it. The Guinot Eye Gel (the one in the crystal like packaging) is very good as an eye refresher or an eye mask. Lancome Hydrazen wasn't moisturising enough (and I don't even have dry skin). The Estee Lauder Uncircle (for dark circles) was ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY useless. I used the whole thing (I *SO* wanted it to work) but it did not do a thing. Lancome Vitabolic didn't do much for me either (in terms of dark circles). Biotherm AgeFitness one is quite nice. The Caudalie one I didn't like (I only had samples of this so didn't use it for longer than two weeks). Clarins Eye Balm (not the gel) gave me millia. The PTR Power K has done a really good job of reducing my dark circles but it seems to have gone as far as it can with them. I'm hoping that it might reduce the little visible vein I have under my eye but I'm guessing that stopping to use the PTR and starting on the Cellcosmet sample may hinder that (if it was going to happen). I recently tried a sample of the Murad eye cream (the one with SPF15 and vit C; can't remember the name sorry) and I was quite impressed with that. It was moisturising plus it had an SPF. It's on my Eye Cream short list for the future Smile

I'm sure there's been some others I just can't remember now. Bottom line is that I've tried many and while some were good they weren't THE BEST (I'm picky! Very Happy). But I think if I had to make a short list for myself then PTR Power K, the Murad one, Cellcosmet (I think), the Biotherm one and the Shiseido one would be on it.

How about you? Have you found any eye creams that have been particularily good?

Mabsy

ps. My this turned out to be long! Sorry! *blushes*
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

Wow...you do seem to have tried quite a lot of eye creams Smile

I love trying out new products and keep moving on to new one. Sisley sisleya is not so effective in treating fine lines like it's claim. I have used it on top of my Decleor Serum and the result is quite good with using the two together.

Have your tried Thalgo Tension Eye Gel ? That's one of the next few eye gel which i would love to try which include the PTR K Cream after reading your review. :P
Mabsy

Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Thalgo one either.

What is it that you're after in an eye cream? I generally look for moisturisation, smoothness (no bumps) and reduction of dark circles. I don't have any wrinkles around my eyes yet so I can't judge the cream by it's effectiveness on smoothing out lines.

So, if that is what you're after then I'm not sure how effective PTR Power K is, but I can tell you that so far it has done the best job on my dark circles compared to all other eye creams I've tried. It has also kept my eye area well hydrated (though I still have bumpy skin in the corners under my eyes). I get the impression that the Cellcosmet might be reducing the bumps but it might be too early to tell.

Mabsy.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream is wonderful. I have been using it for about a year now and can't tell you how much it has improved my skin texture, controlled wrinkles and minimized the ones that I did have. And I am still working on the first pump bottle!!!SurprisedVery Happy That is the amazing part. Less is better, I use it twice daily. Very Happy

Babs
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

I am looking for something to treat my dark eye circles as well as reduce fine lines.

I tried the Cellcosmet Eye Cream last night, the texture is just nice and it adsorbed into my skin very quickly. Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but this morning, i thot i saw lesser lines under my eyes :P Will continue to use and see.
Smile

Mabsy

Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:03 am      Reply with quote
If dark circles are what ails ya' then PTR Power K is effective (or at least for me it is) Smile

I'm quite impressed with the Cellcosmet too. It's so light and sinks right in. And I can fully see why you're still on your first bottle Babs, I'm guessing the sample will last for quite some time! I'm thinking of getting that as the Christmas present from-me-to-me and the Murad Essencial-C Eye Cream SPF15 as the New Years present from-me-to-me :P I'm planning on finishing off the PTR and then using Murad in the morning and Cellcosmet at night. It will be interesting to see if my dark circles come back... they'd better not! *waves clenched fist in a menacing manner in the general direction of my eyes* :P

Time for bed. Hope you're all having a lovely day/night.
Mabsy.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

Good on you, have the eye creams' schedule up :P

I think i will need one for my skin care too, got too many items to finish and sometimes i wish i have a few more faces so that i can use all of them at the same times and also get to try every single new skin care product :P (touch-wood !!! )
dlbk

Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:17 am      Reply with quote
What is PTR ? I'mnot familiar with that brand, but need to do something about my dark circles. Cellex-C liquid is amazing for smoothing out or getting rid of fine lines. Start beore you get them, and you won't be sorry! I started using it when I was about 37 (10 years ago). I was beginning to get a deep furrow between my brows and it has almost totally disappeared, as well as a smile line at the corner of my mouth. I still try other creams, but always alternate with the C liquid. The results are too good!

Debra
Mabsy

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Debra,

Sorry, PTR is just short for Peter Thomas Roth, their eye cream for dark circles is the best I've tried so far (and I've tried many!). I'm also at the moment trying the DDF SPF15 eye cream that has vitamin K in it. I'll post a review of it in a few weeks after I get a chance to use it for a while.

Mabsy.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

How does he DDF SPF 15 Eye Cream compare to Murad Essential-C eye ? Is it the same or thicker in texture? I know that you have both now to compare so I'm looking forward to your review.

I'm loving the Murad Essential-C eye cream, it's not at all greasy but moisturizes so incredibly well, there are no dry lines at the end of the day when I inspect that area. I have you to thank for this find!

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
Mabsy

Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by summertimegirl
Hi Mabsy,

How does he DDF SPF 15 Eye Cream compare to Murad Essential-C eye ? Is it the same or thicker in texture? I know that you have both now to compare so I'm looking forward to your review.

Hey Summertimegirl!

I'm really glad you're liking the Murad one. I can't really say much about the DDF eyecream yet because I have not started using it regularily yet. Of course, I couldn't resist trying it though *blushes* so I can tell you that the texture of it is lighter than the Murad. It seems like a nice eyecream but I need some 'quality time' with it before I write anything concrete about it. I'll keep you updated Smile

Mabsy.
tartufo

Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all I am a newbie here Smile
Browsed through some of the topics here and whoa! You gals are expert!!! Surprised

So, I need your recommendations on eye cream (please please please). I have pretty tired eyes (starring at computer for long hours :P) and undereye circle (lack of sleep due to starring at computer for long hours :P) and starting to have little bit of lines undereye now Sad Seen you gals have rave comments on Murad's essential eye cream and Phytomer's contour lift eye cream... now.... hmm... which one should I get? (think think think)
Mabsy

Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tartufo and welcome to the forum Very Happy

I would say that you have quite a few options. First, I would suggest using an eye cream with an SPF during the day to prevent sun damage (which is said to lead to wrinkles). The Murad one is fabulous (well in my opinion anyway) but the DDF with SPF15 also seems quite nice at the moment (I only tested it so far, haven't used it for any extended period of time). There are other SPF eyecreams as well, for example Dermalogica (I think there's been a review posted about that one in the last few months).

Cellcosmet is definitely my fave non-SPF eye cream, so of course I'm recommending that for night use Very Happy I haven't tried the Phytomer but I would love to 'coz Summertimegirl keeps raving about it Wink

I'll also point out the Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue one because I think it's very effective at reducing undereye circles. The only thing I don't like about it is having to massage it in until the little Co-Q10 spheres break down (the cream has got little grey spheres in it).

All the best with your eyecream hunt! Smile Be sure to let us know how you go with whatever you decide to get Wink

Mabsy.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tartufo,Wink

Mabsy's right there are a number of really great eye creams that target different concerns...

For a protective eye cream for day I can't live without Murad's Essential-C Eye Cream. The best thing about it is that it doesn't leave a white or coloured film around the eyes when you apply it, just a fresh moisturised dewy finish...it's the perfect partner for my Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF30 as they're both great protectors of skin and go on flawlessly clear !

The Phytomer Contour Lift Eye Cream is a great product, and one of the best eye creams I've used. It's really rejuvenating and was so good for my tired eyes. My job is sitting in front of a computer for basically 9 hours at a time so there's always varying degrees of eye strain depending on how tired I am...also it's an excellent one if you wear contact lenses. It's an opaque, faint pinkish white gelatinous cream/ gel that is quite fluffy in texture and if you keep this baby in the fridge you will love using it ! and so will your eyes. Very Happy It's super hydrating, So gentle and completely non-irritating for the most sensitive of eyes. This one doesn't have an SPF so I used it as a nightcap for eyes before bed or on my night shifts to hydrate my eye area.

The Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream really is a time eraser... if you can't see the results on yourself for lack of lines try it on your mum ! Surprised I asked for a sample of this to see for myself what it can do after the reviews I'd read about it. I used it at night and it's more than just an eye cream it's an eye treatment. I think I'll be getting the Special so my mum can have the cream while I can use the Gel formula. (Mabsy if the Cellcosmet Eye Gel is the same texture as the Phytomer Contour Lift I think I'll be onto a winner !) Very Happy

Have fun eye-cream shopping Tartufo! Feel free to ask EDS for samples to try first as that's the best way to find out if you like the product or if you're like me and can't wait for the full-sized item, dive in by all means you won't feel sorry! Wink The eye creams I've tried have been excellent!

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
Mabsy

Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by summertimegirl
I think I'll be getting the Special so my mum can have the cream while I can use the Gel formula. (Mabsy if the Cellcosmet Eye Gel is the same texture as the Phytomer Contour Lift I think I'll be onto a winner !) Very Happy

Hey Summertimegirl,

The Cellcosmet Eye Gel is a true eye GEL. It's a yellow tinted see through gel, not a cream/gel. Nevertheless, it's a great product. I have a lot of confidence in Cellcosmet in general based on the reviews here. Overall, I like the cream better because I'm such a sucker for the lovely light scent *blushes* but I'm glad I've got both though Smile

Mabsy.

ps. I can't wait to try the Phytomer one, you just keep adding to my list! Grrr! :P
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Does the DDF SPF eye cream have UV A & B protection? I was looking for something with SPF for the eye area but gave up. Although I have sampled and liked very much La Prairie Smart eye cream with SPF15, it is outrageously expensive. Thanks
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Here I go again. (I can't resist the sunscreen questions.)Wink

CUTIES: I recently purchased the DDF SPF 15 eye cream. According to the box, it has three kinds of sunscreen. One of them is Zinc Oxide, which is the only ingredient that can block the full spectrum of UV-A and UV-B.
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for answering my question so quickly alohagirl! I have very sensitive skin and I never react to Zinc Oxide so this is good news.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by cuties I have very sensitive skin and I never react to Zinc Oxide so this is good news.

In that case, I should tell you there is only 2% Zinc. The other two sunscreen ingredients are Octinoxate (Ethyl Methoxycinnamate) 6%, and Octisalate (Ethylhexyl Salicylate) 3%.

Hopefully those are okay for you too.
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
No problem with Ethyl Methoxycinnamate but not sure about the other one. The eye area isn't so much of a concern that the rest of my face. I do not tend to get irritation or break out in the eye area.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Same here. But I've always thought that was kind of strange. The skin around the eyes is supposedly the most delicate, but I've never had sensitivity there.Surprised
xchiou1
5% products discount

Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I just became a member today and found that this site is wonderful. The product I need most is eye cream. I am dying to try
Cellcosmet Eye Gel and Peter Thomas Roth eye cream.

Thank you all.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |