Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

review of la roche-posay anthelios fluide extreme spf 40
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
newskinaddict

Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I am a new member of this forum. Although I have been reading your posts for a long time, I registered just 2 days ago. I am an Indian, living in USA, have medium yellowish skin tone, very sensitive, dehydrated and oily skin. BTW, I am 28.

I tried many sunscreen products - quite expensive, physical, chemical - every type of..I even tried mineral make up, but everything just caused breakout(cystic acne) after 1/2 days of use..

One and half week ago, I bought the sunblock(SPF 40) by la roche poshey. Although it is quite expensive, I thought I already wasted so much money on finding a sunscreen which will suit my skin, why not try this one. so, I bought this one and for last 10 days, I have been using this daily..and you will not believe, it did not cause any breakout,,no whiteheads..

I will highly recommend this product for the sensitive skin girls..
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
So glad it is working for you!! Which La Roche Posay Sunblock are you using? Does it have Mexoryl(sp)?

Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:39 am      Reply with quote
anthelios fluide extreme spf 40

A unique, lightweight fluid, great for oil-prone skin, formulated with Mexoryl XL and Mexoryl SX, offering broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. (50ml)

Ingredients: Mexoryl XL and Mexoryl SX
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh!! Great! I use the FE 60. Smile Since we are on the topic, it has never broken me out either, and it is pretty oily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Did you buy this locally or over the internet?
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have FE 60 too and used it on my 'Roman Holiday' Wink ....and I think it makes the face look very shiny but isnt to oily to the touch....And I fixed the shiny look problem by dusting on MAC Blot Powder which worked wonderfully....but ended up degrading my sunscreen Mad
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I used this for 2 weeks straight and my skin was totally fine. THEN I had the worst breakout EVER and immediately stopped using the stuff. After about a week, my skin finally cleared. I know it was the sunscreen, and I'm very sad about it.....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I used the hydraphase uv protection 30 from LPR, similar ingredients but it was said to be more matte than anthelios. I had nothing to complain except for the scent. BTW, I don't have sensitive skin (at least not to SS Smile).
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
FE 40 goes on matte and dry for me, but always gives me clogged pores after a few days..i swtiched to remede sunblock and so far so good..(touch wood!)
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I totally love La Roche Posay sunscreens as well. My favourite is the Anthelios XL Lait. A great seller is Wasabina on ebay, very quick delivery and great service. Very Happy
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:42 am      Reply with quote
I suppose this is not available on the North America market, is it?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
do you think break out problems with sunscreen have to do with the cleansing process? some sunscreens are harder to remove than others. i always use a cleansing oil so everything just melts away and then a foam cleanser afterwards, and i haven't had break out problems with any products. but then again, the only thing that causes me to break out is school stress Sad i was just wondering.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm, interesting! It does work differently from one to another.
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
used the LRP fluid extreme 40.was dilligent with removal(shu uemura cleansing oil) but had face full of clogged pores after 1 week although it was matte and dry when applied on my face. not suitable for sensitive acne prone skin?!
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:14 am      Reply with quote
I used the la roche poshey uv protection 15 . It's too oily for oily skin .
laeticia
5% products discount

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
i used FEsph40, it was too oily and greasy on my skin even when i used it in harsh winter conditions where i had to moisturise my skin like crazy, will not repurchase as it just added to my greasy skin
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
for sensitive skin best recommendation is to try something gentle--that don't mean always go for natural,natural doesnot guarantee gentle

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:03 am      Reply with quote
lilybelle wrote:
for sensitive skin best recommendation is to try something gentle--that don't mean always go for natural,natural doesnot guarantee gentle

You're right!
Natural skin care do not represent the safe skin care. Some natural ingredients may harm to us. Besides, mixing natural ingredients together is a more dangerous action.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
LA ROCHE-POSAY patented sunscreen ingredients very professional, very safe, I am very trustworthy Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't believe my eyes...about a month ago,I found La Roche Posay at CVS!!!! (in the States!)

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
How do you know if the sunscreen works or not? Just for the fact that you don't break out after using it doesn't mean it works.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
lilybelle wrote:

Can you be more specific? What exactly are you recommending?
saring
5% products discount

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I used LRP SPF45 , so far the best sunblock I've used.

BTW I have dry and sensitive skin.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy I like LRP suncare product, and I am now using it.Smile
penny1619
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:00 am      Reply with quote
i perfer avene sun protection products.just spry is more convenient to use
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |