Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Terressentials - Pure Earth Hair Wash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
so, i've been actively seeking out a new shampoo for my just-became-oily-in-the-last-year hair. i've always had very easy to manage hair, and never needed to pay it much attention until i started noticing it getting oilier and oilier.

of note, i'm a twice a week washer...i refuse to really wash my hair much more than that, so you can imagine my dismay when it started to appear that i would have to start washing more frequently. i first plan of attack was to switch from a normal shampoo to an oily hair shampoo, and also phased out using conditioner. so then i developed the problem of hair that would dry a bit frizzy on the ends, be perfect on the second day and then be not-too-attractive slightly oily mess by the third day, and then wash on the fourth day. i've never really used product in my hair, so that wasn't an oil-producing issue. i've also been looking for shampooing alternatives to sls (and preferably without parabens).

i had heard of terressentials and was looking at a raspberry & hibiscus mask (yum!) and had a look at their hair care called pure earth hair wash. now, their shampoo is mud-based and contains no soap/detergents. i massaged about a tbsp into my wet hair & scalp, massaged for about 2 minutes and rinsed...repeated 2 more times, as suggested in the directions for first time users. there was no lather. i didn't follow with anything else, just air dried (which i usually always do)

OMG! my hair dried without going frizzy, was shinier than it has been in a long time, wasn't knotted or tangled, was very light. tomorrow moring is hair washing day...and today it is still soft and shiney, untangled, and, yes!, isn't a greasy mess!!!!!

i love this stuff! granted, i've only used it once, but i love this stuff!!!!

lamicuz.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the review Lamicuz! Very Happy

One of my most embarrassing problems is that no matter what shampoo I use, my hair gets greasy about halfway through the day & even smells sweaty. Embarassed It's not good at all.

Maybe this would help! I would LOVE not to have to wash my hair every single day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:57 am      Reply with quote
This sounds like a heaven send Angel !!!! Did you get it off the net? ...and have you tried any of their other products?

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Mabsy

Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Smile I'll have to try this as well. My hair was once of the 'twice a week' washing kind but now it's every second day.... Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
good morning!

washed my hair this morning (for the second time with this hair wash)...still very happy with the results thus far...i am blinded by the shine!!!!!

i live in toronto, and the only place in canada that sells terressentials is the big carrot on the danforth. (although they had little notices up in front of all of their terressentials products stating something to the effect that supply would be normal???? and they were out of a few of their products).

btw i purchased their unfragranced version...mostly because that was all that was left at the shop...but i think i would've started out with unfragraced anyways.

i know that you can purchase off their website www.terressentials.com
and i seem to recall that they had one store listed that also has a website that you can purchase from.

lamicuz.
Mabsy

Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lamicuz! I'll order something tonight, their overseas shipping sounds reasonable Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is baby fine and I have to wash it every day. What texture is your hair?
Mabsy

Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Actually, just thought I'd double check first if this is safe for highlights? Any idea?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:09 am      Reply with quote
mabsy: i do believe they warned against permed or colour-treated hair using this wash. but that's what was specifically written on my unfragranced bottle.

http://www.terressentials.com/hairhelp.html

sharky: i would say my hair is a medium-weight, definately not coarse but also not fine.

lamicuz.
Mabsy

Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:58 am      Reply with quote
lamicuz wrote:
mabsy: i do believe they warned against permed or colour-treated hair using this wash. but that's what was specifically written on my unfragranced bottle.

Thank you - looks like, unfortunately, I will have to pass on this. I think that would hold for the fragranced versions as well, I don't think the lack of fragrance would have anything to do with damaging colored hair. Oh well...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
oh, that's shame, i was eye-ing this up as well. damn those highlights!

Kiwigirl.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
quite interesting...i have been looking for a new shampoo, thanks!!!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
lamicuz wrote:

Thank you - looks like, unfortunately, I will have to pass on this. I think that would hold for the fragranced versions as well, I don't think the lack of fragrance would have anything to do with damaging colored hair. Oh well...

from their site's faq:
http://www.terressentials.com/hairhelp.html

"Hi! I just received some samples of your hair washes. I'm a little concerned because I used a semi-permanent hair dye on my hair about 2 weeks ago. What will happen if I use the hair wash on my hair? You say it's not for chemically treated hair--should I wait until the dye is washed out to use it or will it just strip the dye off my hair--which I wouldn't mind based on what I now know.

Our packages say that our Pure Earth Hair Wash is not recommended for chemically-treated hair because we want folks to understand that once their hair has been damaged, they become caught in a vicious cycle of artificial hair conditioning and are sold dozens of products that artificially coat the hair to make it feel and look undamaged. Our Pure Earth Hair Wash contains nothing that will coat the hair to make it appear undamaged. It's completely true and strange to think about, but there are many, many people who have never felt what their real hair looks like, because in their entire life they have only ever used synthetic products! Sometimes, when they actually feel their true hair for the first time, the hair feels different, not the way it always felt before. A few people just can't get used to their real hair--bizarre, but true! Most people, however, after using our "mud" for a week or two or three, find it to be great and a joy to use physically, mentally, environmentally and spiritually.

Having colored, highlighted or permed or straightened hair does make a difference in the use of the Pure Earth Hair Wash products. Our Pure Earth Hair Wash will not alter or effect the color (natural or not) of your hair in any way. The chemicals used to change the hair alter the outer layer of the hair shaft creating a porous cuticle. The more porous the hair, the more the hair will absorb these polymers and gums. With some people, before these gums are completely removed from the hair, there may be a "stiff," "sticky" or "dry feeling." Be patient! After a few more washes you will be free from these synthetic residues. If you have color treated hair, we recommend trying our Sultry Spice Pure Earth Hair Wash for your first experience. The essential oils in this formula have a beautiful, softening effect on the hair and will leave the hair full. A second choice for chemically treated, extremely dry hair would the Lavender Garden formula which contains a high percentage of natural citrus wax that provides a little extra conditioning for very damaged hair. "

What are they actually saying here? I can't make head's or tails of it. I don't get that non-fragranced is not good for colour treated hair, just that it won't make your hair "appear undamaged", whatever that means.

My hair is dyed and in great condition. I don't blow dry or style it much and I condition it a lot, sometimes with products with 'synthetics'. My hair feels pretty much the same as it did previously when I hadn't dyed it for 8 months straight.

I hadn't read the faq before ordering a sample, I'm now regretting not reading more. I ordered a non-fragranced sample and may just return to sender when it comes. Or I will email them and try to get some sort of clarification because all I ready need/want to know is if it's going to make my hair turn a funny colour or prevent subsequent dye job to not take or look funny. I think that they are saying it won't effect coloured hair adversely, right? And that it's just not like other shampoos so the use a blanket recommendation for colour treated hair? It's late, I'm tired, is it just me?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |