Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
REVIEW: ANEW ALTERNATIVE Intensive Age Treatment - WOW!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Avon describes this product as:

Quote:
A Radical New Fusion in Anti-Aging

Undo damage. Turn back time. Let the healing age begin.

ANEW combines Eastern plant therapies with advanced Western technology to create a breakthrough in herbaceutical science. This powerful fusion stimulates the skin's reparative healing ability to fight and even undo the signs of aging. Lines and wrinkles visibly diminish. Youthful contours are restored. Firmness and elasticity are renewed. Dark spots fade away. 1.7 fl. oz.

HOW TO USE
Use nightly after cleansing and before moisturizing.

OVERNIGHT
Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

AFTER 2 WEEKS
- 80%* of women saw their natural facial contours restored.
- 91%* of women saw more-resilient skin.
WITH CONTINUED USE

- 76%* of women saw the overall symmetry of their face restored.
- 90%* of women saw skin that looked and felt firmer.
- 100% of women showed more-even skin tone.

FEATURES
Eastern healing herbs and our exclusive pharmaceutical-inspired Glycation-Reversing Technology unite to create a powerful fusion that's formulated to stimulate the skin's natural restorative processes.

I recieved the one-week trial size jar from my friend who sells Avon. I occassionally try new products for her and give her feedback. I have never been a fan of Avon, but have come to really enjoy some of their ANEW Clinical (esepcially the 2-step peel) and ANEW Ultimate (especially the ULTIMATE MASK) products.

Back to this product -- Anew Alternative Intensive is a thick pinkish/brownish colored cream. Quite thick, but it absorbs into the skin easily. A little goes a long way. You apply it once per day BEFORE your moisturizer. I found as the week went on, I needed less moisturizer. A definite bonus for me as I usually needs more and more moisturizer as we head into the winter months. It does have a fragrance, but it isn't unpleasant and it doesn't last long after applied.

After the first night, I woke up with the smoothest, softest skin ever. And looking in the mirror, my skin had a healthy glow (less splotchy than the day before).

After using this nightly for 1 full week, I am in LOVE with this product. My skin tone is definitely more even toned. Hardly any redness now. My skin is softer, feels firmer, and is so smooth. The few sun spots on my cheeks have faded considerably.

I am going to purchase the full size (1.7 oz). This sells in the brochure for $32 (my friend gives me a 20% discount). I'll update again in a few weeks. I have a few lines on my forehead so we'll see over time if it diminishes those at all.

Overall, I would say this is the BEST product in the Avon line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the interesting review.. my mum (77) has always like Avon and I think at one point she spent $30-odd on the Anew hand cream. I dont see the product on the Avon Australia site yet, but I will tell her what you said about it.

Avon does not even sell the Anew line in Japan ..
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to give this more time before my initial review as well, but I did get the large size off E-Bay for $18 (including shipping), from a very reputable Avon Rep on there.

It has so far been a wonderful product. My skin has been looking so nice in the morning - incredibly smooth! I too am hoping it will even out uneven skintone.

I am using this at night after I apply my all time fave O2 Rescue Serum by PSF, which in my opinion is one of the best products in the PSF line. I can't put my finger on why, it just does it for me!

I do not love Avon - the only other product I've liked is their microexfoliant, but so far this is a winner, and sure to continue to gather a lot of buzz -

I will post a full review after I give it more time.

Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
This is just awful, I've got the Avon website open in another browser with my mouse hovering over the credit card info box Shock

Must resist... must save money for EDS Decleor purchase Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
*cry* Responding right after my other post... I broke down and purchased a jar upon seeing an Avon kiosk at the mall.

I am so weak! Brick wall Embarassed Laughing

Just put some on and I was surprised at how tingly/burny/AHA-ish it felt. So far, so good!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:38 am      Reply with quote
I used The Anew Clinical Deep Crease Concentrate and my skin ended up so bad with really sore puss filled spots I threw it in the bucket. The spots only appeared around the area I was putting the liquid so it just had to be the cause. Never again will I used AVON!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I had a sample of this new Avon stuff too but it's so strongly fragranced I put it on my hands and had to wash it off, my eyes were watering!

I do like some Avon products, mostly lip stuff. If they ever come out with an unfragranced skincare I would try it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:
*cry* Responding right after my other post... I broke down and purchased a jar upon seeing an Avon kiosk at the mall.

I am so weak! Brick wall Embarassed Laughing

Just put some on and I was surprised at how tingly/burny/AHA-ish it felt. So far, so good!

I use it every other night, and it still tingles/burns for me. I wonder if waiting to apply it until a half an hour after cleansing (like I do for RetinA) would help Question

My skin looks so much more even now. I normally stay away from Avon, but I am glad that I tried this.

Tina
donnakay3465

Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Is commenting on a 4 year old post couth? Oh well, I just had to! Embarassed I saw this product "Alternative Anew" etc. on Craigslist for $15 and Googled it. This site was one of the first that popped up which I thought was super cool. I just joined a short while ago. After reading just the opening post bragging about this Avon product, I bought it. Boy am I glad. Yes the smell is funny and the color too, but wow, in one application I saw a difference in the texture of my skin. Normally the pores on my nose are obvious, but my skin just looked so much dewier, is that a word? Confused I will buy this again and keep it as a staple!!
donnakay3465

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
So I revived an old thread about the Avon Alternative Anew Intensive Age Treatment because I am so impressed with this product! But I think I'll post anew, Bad Grin no pun intended. SO, I've been using this for about one week AND..... yesterday while examining the pores on my nose in a 10X magnifying mirror that is suction cupped to the large bathroom mirror....... I noticed that this red bump on my nose which appeared when I was 26, (sad that I know that) which my kids think is acne, which I thought I would need to remove with laser treatments has remarkably faded!! I'd say to at least half the brightness. OMGosh! Is anyone as excited as I am??? I know that some of you have used this product and hated it. But I am getting results with a capital R. My skin is a little oily and not prone to breakouts except once a month Confused AND I always use it with a sprinkle of water, any face cream for that matter. Well ladies, good luck and let me know if you try it.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:18 am      Reply with quote
donnakay3465 wrote:
So I revived an old thread about the Avon Alternative Anew Intensive Age Treatment because I am so impressed with this product! But I think I'll post anew, Bad Grin no pun intended. SO, I've been using this for about one week AND..... yesterday while examining the pores on my nose in a 10X magnifying mirror that is suction cupped to the large bathroom mirror....... I noticed that this red bump on my nose which appeared when I was 26, (sad that I know that) which my kids think is acne, which I thought I would need to remove with laser treatments has remarkably faded!! I'd say to at least half the brightness. OMGosh! Is anyone as excited as I am??? I know that some of you have used this product and hated it. But I am getting results with a capital R. My skin is a little oily and not prone to breakouts except once a month Confused AND I always use it with a sprinkle of water, any face cream for that matter. Well ladies, good luck and let me know if you try it.

Good to hear that you have such a good experience with this product. Smile
I never hear of it before. Can you maybe post the ingredient list in this thread?
How does this product work with Retin A and Vita C serums..?

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Cross posting from the other Anew thread!

I used the first one ages ago when it first came out with great results! After I moved many states away I never found a new agent, just too hectic life! I should check out online and see about the new and improved one, I loved the way it worked for my skin! Thanks for posting and reminding me I just let it slip from my mind! Great review!

Thanks Again,
DM

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I gather the one you're describing, mom2tommax, is the 'Night' formula? on eBay, they have 'Day' and 'Night'.

Karen
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
this sounds amazing! thanks for the review. it states that it fades dark spots, so i'm assuming it would work well with tiny post acne hyper pigmentation?
i've only used avon's satin hands kit and was impressed.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |