Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Which teeth whitening product do you like best?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cheri
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Well, if you use them. I love the crest premium whitening strips... I get great results!! Only thing is you have to leave them on for 1/2 hour.. which isn't a big problem for me cuz I put them on before getting in the shower.

Which one do you use?

cheri
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the results of Crest White Strips. The 30 mins is a pain, but it gives longterm results. I've tried the Rembrandt whitening system which works well too.

One thing I have noticed a big difference with is the Crest Vivid White toothpaste. It really boosts and maintains the whiteness of the teeth. I totally notice less whitening when I stop using it and switch to a regular whitening toothpaste.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I’ve tried GoSmile, the whitening stripes, the paint on stuff, the whitening toothpastes and this is the best thing that I’ve found:
carekate wrote:
Though not technically a recipe, I thought it would be helpful to add the other clever, "alternative product solutions" we have discovered so that all of this info is grouped together in one place....

TOOTHWHITENING: Here is a cheap, yet super-effective alternative to "GoSmile," "Crest White Stripes" and other similar home tooth-whitening products:

WHAT IT IS:
Auro Ear (Wax Removal) Drops and/or GlyOxide oral hygiene product. Both of these products contain carbamide peroxide, the same active ingredient in both GoSmile and Crest White Strips which help whiten your teeth. The Auro Ear Drops contain a 6.5% percentage of carbamide peroxide (same strength as GoSmile), while GlyOxide contains a 10% percentage (just slightly less than the percentage contained in Crest White Strips). If you have ever used those Crest White Strips, you'll find that this technique is much more convenient than having to sit around with those strips on your teeth for an hour per day. Even if you have had your teeth professionally whitened by the dentist, you can use either the ear drops or Gly Oxide every day, once per day, to maintain your results.

HOW TO USE IT:
Brush teeth with desired toothpaste as normal, then spit and rinse your mouth and/or toothbrush. Squeeze 4-5 drops of either Auro ear drops of Gly Oxide onto toothbrush and brush teeth just like you would with toothpaste, concentrating on your "smile" teeth (the ones in your mouth that appear when you smile). Hold the mixture in your mouth for 1 1/2-2 minutes or as long as you can stand (don't worry, it doesn't taste bad!).

WHERE CAN I FIND IT?
There are several different brands of ear wax removal drops, including Auro and Murine. You will find these products in the eye/ear care section (with the Visine eye drops and contact lens solution items) at your local pharmacy or supermarket. Look for "Ear Wax Removal" drops and check the label for the active ingredient "6.5% Carbamide Peroxide" (note: you do NOT want to buy "Swimmer's Ear" products as they are most definitely not the same thing!). Gly Oxide will be located in the oral hygiene aisle of your supermarket or pharmacy, along with the toothbrushes, toothpaste and mouthwash items.

WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE THAT THIS WILL WORK:
Click on these links to read "testimonials" and other helpful info from other forum members who have tried these products and experienced whiter, brighter teeth: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4513&highlight=auro+ear+drops , http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6026&highlight=auro and http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5662&highlight=auro

And here’s another ‘testimonial’ from a satisfied user, and Darren is more skeptical than your average EDS member and he doesn’t give glowing recommendations for many products!
pbsadhaka wrote:
I have been using the Auro Eardrops for whitening my teeth, as carrie suggested. And I wanted to give you all an update. I went to Eckerd Drugs & bought one of those boil & bite customizable mouthguards & have been using the drops in the mouth piece for about 2 weeks (not every day - I'm bad at routines). But anyway, I started out at 30 minutes twice a day, but for the last week have been leaving it on for 60 minutes twice a day. That's what was suggested on some dental whitening websites I went to.
Anyway, it works wonders! My teeth look like I had them zoomed. And all it cost was around $20. My teeth were not sensitive or anything. I think that the mouthpiece really made a difference b/c it kept the gel in contact with my teeth the whole time, without being diluted by saliva or getting swallowed. Well, anyway, there's my little tip. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the rapidwhite kits and they're fine but you need to stick with them to get any real benefit. If you want to make a significant differance I would get them done at the dentist.

As I've told Carekate I've just had mine whitened at the dentist - that went fine. He then sent me home with two boxes of syringes with 14% and 22% carbamide peroxide - good job you posted the name cus' I wouldn't have remembered it! Anyhow I tried the 22% for 4hours like suggest and had no problems at the time. But holy crap a few hours later my teeth ached Crying or Very sad I was a right miserable cow all day because of that, kinda put a downer on the whole teeth whitening experience. But I'm a full two shades lighter and expected to go lighter if I can stick with the home programme for the next two weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I had a good experience with Oral B's version, but I think at this point, almost any brand is pretty good...
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Okay...wedding coming up (I'm sorry I keep mentioning it-but I want to be beautimous) so the teeth thing is a 'huge' issue w/ me. I have a crown on my front tooth that is whiter than my other teeth. Yea-it really sucks. So carekate, I came upon this thread and took the fiance with me to WalMart and bought an ear wax removal kit (I didn't tell him what it was for though-man would he have given me what for Smile )

Anyway, as I'm putting it on-total difference. I can't believe it. My fiance had bought some optiwhite and after a half hour barely anything.

The AURO brand has alcohol and some other things in it; I can't put alcohol in my mouth soooo this one is called E*R*O and it contains:
CARBAMIDE PEROXIDE 6.5%, GLYCERINE, OXYQUINOLINE (An antiseptic-had to look it up), ALOE AND CHAMOMILE. $4 dollars and some change Wink

So far so good, still have it on my teeth. I'll let you know in the morning.

Anita

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
The verdict:

Very Happy INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe how many shades my teeth have whitened. I have put the E*R*O on a few times but just for maybe 5-10 minutes at a time (with one of those guard thingys)...I am beyond impressed. My teeth are now almost as white as the crown (which was really white). The incissors that were really stained from my yummy costa rican coffee are now the same whitish as their surrounding partners.

I am so grateful carekate to you for sharing this with us.

Woohoo!!!!!!!

Anita

(oh yea, I also got the gly-oxide stuff to rinse in my mouth after coffee drinks Smile )

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
How do people keep the ear removal thing on their teeth? It's really runny for me.. I don't have a mouth guard.
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi sernx,

If you can keep a 'smile' for a minute or so you could just leave it on that way...or swish it around your mouth (mix w/ your own saliva, spit and rinse) for a few minutes. But I found if you can leave it on at least 5 minutes or a little more you will see a HUGE difference. I would buy a tooth tray (not so much a guard). Mine came in the old kit I used. Otherwise I don't think you can really get the same effect.

Anita

sernx wrote:
How do people keep the ear removal thing on their teeth? It's really runny for me.. I don't have a mouth guard.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |