Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bumble & Bumble Creme de Coco shampoo & conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I went into Space Nk to splurge on some goodies and got seduced by the lovely shelves of haircare products. I asked the SA about what might be suitable for my hair whilst eyeing the Fekkai range! Anyway she took me to the Bumble and Bumble range and suggested the Creme De Coco shampoo and conditioner. (I have long fine but lots of it, hair that I like to wear straight, silky and swingy. I use T3's but don't like to use a styling product as I find it weighs my hair down and mostly make it feel crispy!!! Shock ).

Well I tried the B7B and it is pants. The shampoo leaves my hair feeling stripped and tangled and the conditioner, however much I use or however long I leave it, doesn't improve it much. What a waste of money. Sad I've tried better drugstore brands! It smells so loely I had great hopes and so wanted to love this but its now languishing in my cupboard (Anyone want it?).
I usually use Aveda Shampure but have yet to find my HG conditioner (the Shampure one leaves me looking fluffy!). Any suggestions - still tempted by Fekkai but worried I'm going to blow more money on an over hyped product!!!

I want something that will leav my hair feeling silky and smooth, free of static, tangle free and looking sleek so I'm not fighting my products with my T3's!! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried modern organic products range I would go for either

Glisten - does exactly what it says
C System - packed with vitamin c

http://www.mophair.com/default.asp

I use this together with Aveda sap moss or Shampure great stuff Wink
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
Thanks have tried both and had reasonable results - I liked them but still not found the 'perfect conditioner' yet. Confused

Still thanks cos you've reminded me I can always go back to one of those if nothing new comes along to entice me!! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:37 am      Reply with quote
what about pureology?
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Stretch?
Pureology? Can I get this in the UK?

Thanks!!!
(intrigued) Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I've just discovered the miessence organic hair care range.Makes my hair feel soft and healthy with a nice sheen.
Desertflower shampooINGREDIENTS: Organic aloe vera, cocopolyglucose, yucca schidigera extract, d-panthenol (pro-vit b5), organic safflower oil, organic avocado oil, non-gmo xanthan gum, grapefruit extract, lime, citric acid, organic lemon myrtle, organic extracts of horsetail, nettle, burdock, rosemary and sage.
Organic Shine Herbal Hair Conditioner
Organic Shine Conditioner
INGREDIENTS: Purified water, organic apple cider vinegar, organic safflower oil, organic avocado oil, d-panthenol (pro-vit b5), cetyl & stearol alcohol, organic nettle extracts, organic horsetail extract, organic burdock extract, organic sage extract, grapefruit extract, organic geranium, patchouli, peru balsam

270ml
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
The Pureology line is formulated and targeted specifically for color-treated hair to help maintain the color because the products contain no sulfates. I don’t think it is *easily* available in the UK, but I could be wrong.

I’ve used Fekkai product range and the only product in it that I would half-way recommend would be the Glossing cream, which is a styling creme formulated with olive oil. But it’s kind of heavy so I’m not sure it would be good for anyone with fine hair. In fact, that’s why I doubt that the Fekkai line is what you are looking for because nearly all of the products are heavy and weigh down the hair. That’s great for those like me (hair is both thick and medium-coarse), but I’m thinking it would just flatten anyone with finer hair types.

How do you feel about silicones? Do you color your hair? Have you tried any products that are specifically formulated and/or targeted toward “straightening”? I’m thinking you might like the Paul Mitchell “Super Skinny” product range (shampoo, conditioner and shine serum used before blow drying and flat ironing). Are PM products readily available over there?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I've never seen Pureology in the UK. There doesn't appear to be anybody selling it on a UK website either. Sad
You can get it off US Ebay sellers but the postage cost will be high due to the weight of the bottles.
Paul Mitchell you can get quite easily in the UK though. I've seen it in salons and there are a few websites selling it. This 'Super Skinny' range sounds interesting. Are the products only to be used before blow drying? I am always on the look-out for straightening products but I don't like blow drying or using flat irons on my hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
This 'Super Skinny' range sounds interesting. Are the products only to be used before blow drying?
I don't use the matching shampoo and conditioner, but I use the serum quite regularly. I apply it after I towel-dry my hair, regardless of whether or not I blow dry or air-dry it. I don’t think the Super Skinny line is to be used *only* if you blow-dry or heat style. I think it’s supposed to help you have shiny, smooth, straight hair no matter if you blow dry it or not (i.e.: it eliminates frizz and flyaways so your hair lies flat and smooth). I’ve been told that the Super Skinny line is very similar to Redken’s “Smooth Down” products, although I’ve never tried the latter so am unable to comment.

Another thing about the Super Skinny shampoo and conditioner is that they are also supposed to help significantly cut the amount of time it takes to dry your hair so it is especially great for those with super-thick hair that takes ages to completely dry, especially if it’s also worn long. I’ve heard about products using this ‘technology’ before but I can’t quite recall all of the details about how they actually work. If I’m remembering correctly, it was something about negatively charged particles or ions or something that repell water from your hair so it’s not absorbed by the hair shaft. It’s supposed to work along the same principle as those little chamois-clothes that Olympic swimmers and divers use to dry off when they get out of the pool. Or like that stuff that you can apply to your car windshield in the winter time that prevents a layer of ice from building up on the glass that takes 20 minutes of preheating with the car’s defroster/defogger running before it melts enough so you can see to drive, or causes the rain drops to bead up and slide across the windshield improving visibility when driving during a rain storm.

Here’s the ingredients for the conditioner, if you’re interested:

The ingrediants are: Water, Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycole Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Esters, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Triethyl Citrate, Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Algae/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf/Anthemis Nobilis/Lawsonia Inernis (Henna)/Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba)/Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary)/PEG-12 Dimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropylthrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbanate.

Anyway, if nothing else, I can highly recommend the Super Skinny Serum – I even wrote a review about it here awhile back iffen you want to search for it. And the smell of the Super Skinny products is lovely if you happen to like the scent of fresh, green apples! I don’t know if they do this over there, but in the U.S., Paul Mitchell packages the Super Skinny line in an ‘introductory kit’ with 8-oz bottles of the shampoo and condtioner, plus a 4-oz bottle of the serum for around $12-$15USD. I imagine that since the holidays are coming up, they’ll have these kits at an even better price so keep an eye out. This way you can try the products without committing to the full sizes and/or breaking the bank if you end up not liking it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all! Your all so helpful! Very Happy

I will have a look at the PM stuff - to answer a few questions - my hairs not coloured or processed in any chemical way, I like to wash frequently (as I have horses and am paranoid about smelling horsey!! Laughing ), then I just let it dry or rough dry it with an ionic dryer, then I use the T3's on it just to smooth it out a bit and take the kink out of it.
As to silicones I'm in two minds I don't like Pantene etc as it builds up but I'm not adverse to some.
This is so frustrating - I qualified as a hairdresser so have access to lots of products still and know the pro's and cons'. If I could find a natural/organis hair care system that did the job I'd prefer it and be delighted but so far I found you can't get the results without some chemicals!! I may be wrong and I love this forum as your all so good at sharing your experiences.
Its so annoying you find a product that seems your HG but then it builds up and you have to use a stripping shanmpoo to get it all off, if the product is so/so results wise it doesn't build up! Grrr why can't someone come up with a natual product that actually performs to a professional level???
Moan over - just given in and and bought a L'oreal conditioner for long hair to smooth and add shine...we shall see!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Lucia i was really impressed with how soft and smooth the miessence made my hair.Other natural brands I've tried didnt make my hair feel really nice.I got samples and I like it enough to buy the full size bottles.I didnt like their lemon shampoo much though,better for oily hair.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carole! Will check it out!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:49 am      Reply with quote
One more thing about miessence shampoo it isnt high foaming,I usually put a bit in,massage about 30 seconds,rinse and reapply and the second time its easier to spread and massage into your hair.This stuff is really gentle so two washes dosent leave hair feeling stripped,just clean and soft.
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia here is the hair forum equivalent to eds
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/index.php? Wink
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Madelaine!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Ohh doing a search to see if the Miessence was available in the UK (can't see anywhere at the moment Sad )I just spotted Aubrey Ultra smoothing White Cammelia shampoo & conditioner - they look ideal - anyone tried them?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Lucia I found the miessence at this uk site.Theyre temporarily out of shine conditioner though
http://www.theremustbeabetterway.co.uk/Suppliers/Miessence_Organics_Skin_Care_Page5.htm
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried many top of the line shampoo's. I did use Bumble and Bumble doe dry hair....but it isnt moisturizing enough i find with my hair....and it is quite pricey!
I have also tried purology, many stylists recommend this line because it is environmental and doesnt contain many harsh chemicals. However, for my hair...i didnt like this line at all. I wasnt too keen on the scent of the product, and also it left my hair tangly.
s8715
5% products discount

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Bumble and Bumble dries out my hair too. The best shampoo I have tried so far is Mastey's Traite, which is natural and doesn't dry out my hair if I use a conditioner with it. And it smells like coconuts too! Very Happy I like Kiehl's Protein Concentrate too but don't like the smell as much.
applepie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a Bumble and Bumble fan either...good to see I'm not alone with the drying out issues!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Im still looking for the ultimate shampoo and conditioner that doesnt dry out my hair, smells good, helps with dandruff and is good for chemically treated hair....
mlcakova

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
applepie wrote:
I'm not a Bumble and Bumble fan either...good to see I'm not alone with the drying out issues!

I have to say that I am a huge fan of B&B. I live in London, where the water is really hard and dries hair out. My hair is fine, healthy and long, but it tends to frizz and get coarse in the water here.

Ever since I started using the B&B Gentle shampoo and Rich conditioner (yellow bottles) my hair has been gorgeous and silky. I even regularly get compliments!

It could just be the water/shampoo combo - I think it's a good idea to invest in a shower purifier, my mom did that and she says that really works.

Hope this helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Bumble and Bumble does not hold a candle to Frederic Fekkai. What a shame the SA led you astray! I have used both and agree with you completely about the Bumble shampoo stripping the hair. The FF Protein formula is brilliant. It smells milky in a fresh sort of way and contains rice and soy proteins that strengthen the hair without weighing it down. I recommend it for any hair type, and I used to have really damaged hair myself.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |