Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
what's your favorite hair volumizing method?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
what can i do to give my hair some serious volume without feeling gunk in it? should i be using a product at all? shampoo? wax? styling tools? i'm completely lost. so far, i bought a round brush! **applause**

my hair's kind of thick and it goes down to.. i guess my armpits

so what's the absolute best thing you've ever done or used to give your hair outstanding volume?
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
IMO, as a general matter, better quality water gets better volume.

That being said...

I have "thick" hair (lots and lots of fine strands) and it has been your length before. It's now at the base of my neck. Either way, the best volume I get is when I wash with Pantene Volumizing Shampoo and follow it up with the Volumizing Conditioner (white bottle with yellow detail). As the hair is drying, rub a small palm-ful of salon quality volumizing mousse through the hair, "scrunching" at the roots. Dry the roots of your hair with a blow dryer while your head is upside down. Then (with head upright) dry the hair in sections starting from the underneath. (I use banana clips to separate the sections.) Since this can create some fly-aways, rub a small amount of a shine serum through the hair and VOILA.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
GO ON EBAY and look for Nick Chavez products I have baby fine hair and his stuff gives me LOTS of volume!
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Volumizing shampoo like the recommended Pantene works wonders. You can also set your hair in curls or pin it up for volume... blow drying upside down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to put mouse in at the roots then tip my head upside down and blast away with the hairdryer, then I dry my hair in sections.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Depending on whether or not you wash your hair in the AM or PM, here’s a tip I just read about in a mazazine for those with hair long enough to do it:

Secure dry hair on top of your head in a loose top-knot (or one of these “Peeble’s Flintstone” pony tails on top of your head) and go to sleep. When you wake up in the morning, spritz your hair with a bit of hairspray and let it dry for a minute or two, then take down your topknot and gently shake your hair until it falls into place.

I have NFI if that works or not as I sport a short, Halle Berry-do myself. However, my fave volumizing trick (yes, short haired wenches don’t want to have flat hair either!!) is the upside-down blow drying thing and/or using a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment that looks like these long little “fingers” through which the air flow blows, which helps concentrate the air flow at your scalp which helps create the most lift or volume. After hair is dry, bend over and flip hair upside down again and spritz with a medium to heavy-hold hair spray to help lock in the volume.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |