Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
:: Review :: PSF StimuColl-C Intensive Eye Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
chessie wrote:
does anyone know what the percentage of vit c is in this product?

From PSF Skincare website http://www.psfskincare.com/stimucoll.htm, it's listed as - 5% Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C) - powerful antioxidant & collagen stimulant

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
is it suitable for 26-year-old?
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
it seems good on fine lines. how about tiny glands (Zhi Fang Li) in the under-eye area
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'M 34 years old.Should i order this product?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious if people are still using/liking this product.

And how it compares to other Vit. C eye serums. Like the Vivier, which is also 5% C. But costs less. (Vivier: $36. PSF: $55.)

PSF also has MMPi, whatever that is. I see it's perhaps controversial?

And they have different forms of C:
Vivier: L-Ascorbic.
PSF: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phoshpate.

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I got this around 3 months ago when PSF did the special for DMAE, Berry Beneficial, and Stimucoll. I've used about 2/3s of the Stimucoll. I've been careful with storage (cool, dark place), but I can already see that it is changing color (darker yellow) and texture (separating), which means to me that it is going bad.

I do not like the packaging at all. It comes in a plastic pump bottle, and the plastic is completely clear, so light can get in all around (light makes Vit C go bad very fast). I really can't understand why they didn't use tinted glass! Also, my Stimucoll always oxidizes at the opening of the pump. I read on this forum that it is bad for skin to apply oxidizing Vit C to it, so I have to spend way too much time trying to clean the bad stuff out, and because the first squirt now comes out a darker yellowish orange, I've taken to doing the first squirt onto a tissue and throwing it away.

At first, I liked the Stimucoll. I saw a little improvement, and I was hopeful that I would continue to see improvement. Well, I haven't continued to see improvement, maybe because it is going bad and is no longer effective. It now seems no different than any other moisturizing cream or serum. I will not repurchase Stimucoll, unless they make some drastic changes.

One important thing I have noticed is that I don't need a special Vit C just for the eyes. I lightly tap whatever Vit C I am using for my face around my eye area as well. It works perfectly. I apply the C and let it absorb into the skin for 10 to 15 minutes, then apply my normal eye cream and makeup. I think the PSF 20% Vit C worked much better in my eye area than the Stimucoll! Vit C is the one thing I have found to make the most improvement in my skin, especially my eyes.

Sorry, I haven't used Vivier, and I can't address your technical questions, but search this forum for "Tangal + Vit C," and you will get a wealth of info.

jakee wrote:
I'm curious if people are still using/liking this product.

And how it compares to other Vit. C eye serums. Like the Vivier, which is also 5% C. But costs less. (Vivier: $36. PSF: $55.)

PSF also has MMPi, whatever that is. I see it's perhaps controversial?

And they have different forms of C:
Vivier: L-Ascorbic.
PSF: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phoshpate.

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine--i agree with your review of Stimulcoll. PSF has since changed their packaging for the stimucoll. i seem to have a lot of packaging problems with PSF though, it is kinda of a turn off.

It is taking me forever to use the product, so i think i am just going to apply it elsewhere too and not just my eyes before it oxidizes too much.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Jeannine--i agree with your review of Stimulcoll. PSF has since changed their packaging for the stimucoll. i seem to have a lot of packaging problems with PSF though, it is kinda of a turn off.

It is taking me forever to use the product, so i think i am just going to apply it elsewhere too and not just my eyes before it oxidizes too much.

I have to agree with you skincareaddicted, EDS had to ship me another O2 Serum - the plastic broke in shipping, and my Cranberry lift is missing part of the pump?!?
They might be saving a lot with packaging to keep the cost of the product down but there's gotta be a step up without going all out.
Not sure I'll repurchase. Rolling Eyes
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:08 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Jeannine"]I got this around 3 months ago when PSF did the special for DMAE, Berry Beneficial, and Stimucoll. I've used about 2/3s of the Stimucoll. I've been careful with storage (cool, dark place), but I can already see that it is changing color (darker yellow) and texture (separating), which means to me that it is going bad.

Hi, i also found it turned a funny yellow. And i had been careful with mine as well. I noticed little change to my eyes. No not sure if i would repurchase.
But i love the psf o2 rescue serum. It works on cellular renewal. You spray it on once daily and it makes your skin look fresh, clear and amazing
I love this product. I used a whole bottle.
I always felt more confident after using this product. Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great! I want to try this product too.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered several bottles of O2 serum from PSF, and they included a full size of this wonderful eye cream. Thanks PSF! It worked great on my fine lines and came with a nice pump head which I always prefer.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the sample from EDS for a few days. This product really works on my fine lines. Might purchase next time. However, my current concern is dark circles and eye bags. I need to save money for the Hylexin. Sad Sad Sad
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Do i need to apply eye cream after applying this eye serum, or the serum is pretty enough for hydrating effect? Question
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
^
^
^
Normally, I apply eye cream after eye serum.
I eel the serum is not hydrate enough for me, especally the bed time.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="MarciaNZ"]
Jeannine wrote:
I got this around 3 months ago when PSF did the special for DMAE, Berry Beneficial, and Stimucoll. I've used about 2/3s of the Stimucoll. I've been careful with storage (cool, dark place), but I can already see that it is changing color (darker yellow) and texture (separating), which means to me that it is going bad.

Hi, i also found it turned a funny yellow. And i had been careful with mine as well. I noticed little change to my eyes. No not sure if i would repurchase.
But i love the psf o2 rescue serum. It works on cellular renewal. You spray it on once daily and it makes your skin look fresh, clear and amazing

I got the same problem. I got the eye serum as a gift as part of the special for the BB. I only used in mid-January and I think it is turning a dark yellow. I was not sure whether I was right that it was degrading but from posts here, this must be the case. I also had a problem with the pump - sometimes I may be pumping around 40 times, I still get nothing although the bottle was 7/8 full. I guess I will have to throw this away although I've hardly used this.

PSF still offered to replaec the serum. I'll see how I go with the next bottle but I did not notice any marked improvement with my wrinkles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:28 am      Reply with quote
jacque wrote:
I have tried the sample from EDS for a few days. This product really works on my fine lines. Might purchase next time. However, my current concern is dark circles and eye bags. I need to save money for the Hylexin. Sad Sad Sad

Give the Cellular Skin Rx Eye Bright Treatment Serum a try I don't have dark circles but I do get puffy and this stuff helps and is only $24 dollars.
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I got this as a forum gift and i used it for 2 weeks. the instruction asked me to apply once either night or day. The smeel is not good and there is a little bit tingling sensation. Don't you feel that??
I didn't notice any effect yet. Hope it will happen very soon.
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if the day will come when I finally get to try the PSF Stimulcoll. I ordered two samples from PSF of the Stimulcoll and the Cranberry Eye Lift that were supposedly shipped out on April 30th and have still not received them. They shipped them US mail and when I contacted them they said it arrived at my post office on May 2nd. Well..my post office tracked it down and said it still hasn't arrived. I thought this was maybe due to the fact its in a bigger package and was sent US mail rather than UPS. When I contacted PSF again they said they only ship US mail and that they've never had a package take this long before. I cannot believe it could take this long - the longest I've ever had to wait for a package is 3-5 days! Well if I wind up liking one of these I'm definitely going to order it from EDS rather than PSF.
blushngloss
5% products discount

Fri May 18, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a sample of this as well as the cranberry lift and hydration eye cream from PSF. I really like how you can order samples from them excep the O2 serum, that just goes too fast! I like the feel of the cream and it has not irritated my eyes - i am noticing slight improvement in my dark circles.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Ninetynine"]
MarciaNZ wrote:
Jeannine wrote:

I got the same problem. I got the eye serum as a gift as part of the special for the BB. I only used in mid-January and I think it is turning a dark yellow. I was not sure whether I was right that it was degrading but from posts here, this must be the case. I also had a problem with the pump - sometimes I may be pumping around 40 times, I still get nothing although the bottle was 7/8 full. I guess I will have to throw this away although I've hardly used this.

PSF still offered to replaec the serum. I'll see how I go with the next bottle but I did not notice any marked improvement with my wrinkles.

I am still waiting for my replacement. PSF says that they have sent by ordinary airmail about 4 weeks ago!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this eye serum for 2 weeks and I am very happy to report this is by far the best eye cream I have ever used!

The yellow serum does have a little bit smell, more like some herbal smell which I don't mind at all. After applying to the eye area I could feel instant tightening on the lids and smoothing on under eye fine lines. Its light not greasy at all. Its even feel watery compare to eye cream I used before. But it provides enough moisture so I wouldn't use any other products on top of it (no need to dilute the actives unnecessarily) After 2 weeks of use, I noticed that my fine lines are reduced visibly. It hasn't done anything to the puffiness. So far I am really happy with this eye cream - I will report again once I finish the whole bottle.
Amberamber
5% products discount

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a sample of this and it has a weird, grainy texture, sort of like a very light scrub. I contacted PSF and they are sending out a new sample.

HOWEVER--despite the weird texture and whatever it may signify (dried out? wrong product?) my eyes look so astonishingly better after only 3 days' use that I can scarcely believe it. I'm 41 and have had several serious illnesses in the past few years that have suddenly aged me and especially my eyes--to the point that my upper lids are obscured most of the time, and particularly when I'm tired. I've already seen two plastic surgeons about a possible brow lift or blepharoplasty and they agreed that it was reasonable to do it.

So I was dubious in the extreme that any eye cream could make a difference. Last night I looked in the mirror and my entire upper eye lid on my left eye was visible and about half of the lid on my right eye (that one is worse to begin with)! I went and showed my husband and he was amazed as well.

I'm going to see if the new sample seems to be the same product. If so, I'm buying,
and if not, I'm going to find out what my first sample was and use it on my eyes! I don't care what it is--it works!

P.S. Unlike iaimei in the post above, who thinks it has an herbal smell, I think mine smells like coffee and caramel--like a caramel latte, sort of.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Amberamber, I am glad you liked this as well.

I almost finish my first bottle. As its getting closer to the bottom, the texture gets even more grainer, feels a bit rough to apply to skin.
Amberamber
5% products discount

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
When I wrote to PSF, this is what they said

[quote]We will send another one out to you right away. StimuColl should be a
light yellow/amber colored lotion. The only reason there might be granules
in it is if the sample perhaps dried out. That would not be an issue with
the full size, as it is dispensed in an airless pump. We will send you a
new one nonetheless.
Best regards,
Chad
Customer Service
[/quote]

Mine is a dark amber and really quite grainy.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing that reply from PSF.

I may have one or two uses left from my bottle. When it was fresh it didn't feel that grainy. I am glad that PSF responded in such positive way.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |