Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carekate's Overnight Lip Treatment and Lip Scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Those are the same lip stuff containers that PureLuxe uses. Very nice.

I'm about to put in my first order from Carrie. I have it in my drafts box of my email. I'm dithering about what colours of plumping lip balm to order. I guess the answer is to order just about most of them... Laughing
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
That¨s great! I am looking for a lip scrub!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
just wanted to send a big thank you to carrie for these products!!! thanks to faithful use of the scrub and overnight treatment (during the day as well, applied as often as needed), i can now wear my favorite vince longo lip stain again (liquid kiss)! lip stains are great, b/c they really don't bleed or wear off, even when eating, but my lips were so dry and flaky that they were 100% not an option before carrie came along Smile now, i just do a quick scrub, pat on some psf super hydrating eye treatment (meant for eyes, but good on lips as well) to tone down the color, swipe on the vl, and then seal it in (and protect my lips) with a coat of overnight treatment. perfectly rosy, glossy lips!
CleanSkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know where Carrie is?? She doesn't respond to PM's it seems and I really want to order a couple of her products. Does she have a direct website or order form?
patrice
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
i received an email from carrie around the first of March after sending many emails. She eventually emailed me and mentioned the many family demands that had recently developed. She said as a result she would have to cut back her concentration in her business quite a bit.

I did email her a ? about her pearl cream a few weeks back and have not received any reply so of course I understand considering the humongous familial responsibilities that have been placed on her shoulders. What a girl!!

So reegarding the pearl cream if anyone has ordered it can they tell me how they use it. Mine came very dry and chunky and when I applied it to my face, it left chunky deposits and white specks that just quickly dried on. Is there something I shd be doing like mixing it up or diluting it before i apply it to my face. Anyone who has purchased the product and experienced this could you help me?

I had great success with my overly dry, flaky lips and the lip scrub and overnight cream. After I ran out of the scrub I made my own with just cold-pressed olive oil and sugar and it did a fantastic job as well as leaving my lips peel-free and moist. They lasted that way for days before I scrubbed again and then applied carekate overnight cream. finaly great looking lips.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
i don't use any makeup at all. my gf just informed me that i'm a nc25, asian. any ideas which color would be the most natural/neutral on me? thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Does anyone know the ingredients for the Lush Lip overnight balm?

Carrie was very generous to include a sample of this and Lip Scrub and Dolce Vita for me to try.

My lips are super sensitive. I know one culprit that causes the allergic reaction for sure: Beeswax.

I tried the Ovenight Lip balm twice now (now that I tried counting, it's actually 3 night since Friday night through Sunday night). I didn't have a swelling or dryness or itchiness or bumps associated with the allergy after using the overnight lip balm.

Yesterday I stepped up and tried the dolce vita during the day.

This morning I noticed 3 small itchy watery bumps on my bottom lips. My lips aren't excessively dry, and no swelling. I took some zyrtec and the itchiness and bumps are gone now.

I'm thinking I must be allergic to something in the Dolce Vita, but not the Overnight lip balm.

I'll try to PM Carrie, too, but in case, someone knows the ingredients off hand, would you please post?

I need to try her lip scrub, too. I decided to take baby steps to make sure I'm clear on one lip product before I try a new one. That way I know for sure which one I'm not allergic. Very Happy

Thank you.
Cherisse
linda123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Is there anyone out there who has tried both this and the Lips2Kiss and can compare them?

Linda
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Reposting Lisey's post from Candy's Lip Treatment thread:

Quote:
Hi Cherisse,

CareKate does not use beewax on her Lush Lips, she stated it herself on her product guide.

CareKate Lush Lips Overnight Treatment -----------------------------------------------------------------
This is a clear, intensive lip balm to be worn overnight to treat and repair dry, damaged lips. It can also be used during the day under your regular lipstick/gloss or applied over a lip stain to provide a bit of sheen and moisturization. Because this product is clear, it can be used by both men and women.

Note: The only type of “wax” that I use in my lip balms is orange peel wax, which is a by-product of essential oil production that comes from the rind of the fruit. It’s similar in chemical composition to lanolin, and is an emollient that protects the fruit against environmental damage (i.e.: sun, wind, extreme temperature changes) while at the same time allowing the fruit to breathe and maintain it’s essential water balance. When used in skin- or hair-care products, orange peel wax offers similar protection and benefits to hair and skin. The other ingredients in my lip balms are exotic “hard” oils and butters.

HTH! Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
linda123 wrote:
Is there anyone out there who has tried both this and the Lips2Kiss and can compare them?

Linda

I haven't tried CareKate's... but I'm using Lips2Kiss and I'm very glad I did! My lips are soo hydrated and moisturized now that I can go without lip balm.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Linda,
I have not tried L2K but tried Carekate's lush lips overnight for 3 nights. My lips are super allergic, so I have to be careful on what to put on them. So far I don't think my lips are allergic to Carekate's Lush Lips overnight. There might be something in the dolce vita one that my lips didn't like.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I am also a fan of Carrie's lip products. I am trying to decide on colors. I will most likely end up getting the entire line! First of all what is YLBB? I see the list that was originally posted by Mary H of the new colors. Are these all of them or is this also a list of the older colors she has too?

Also has anyone tried the Lush Lip Plumping Balm? First of all do you know what the active plumping ingredient is? How does it compare to other lip plumpers as far as the amount of volume you get? I love her Tinted Lip Balms. Do you feel there is any difference in consistancy or feeling or color with the Plump vesion? Is it as hydrating or long lasting?

Last question is how long does one Overnight last you guys? Tell me how often you use too.

Thanks all.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
YLBB is an acronym for "your lips but better".
Can't help you on the plumping balms as I've never used them, but I know there is a thread or two about them if you do a search.
The overnight lasts me a LONG time using it on average 1-2x per day - I've had it for about 6 months and only used up 1/4 of it and sometimes I slather on a lot.

ETA: I have a review on all the new colors in the lip balm colors thread.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sormuimui -

I like that. It YLBB a color she still has and where do I see that list?

So far the colors I have found mentioned are: Dulce Vita, Apricot Glow, Gipsey, Scarlett, Corall Kiss, Honey Rose, Blusing Nude, YLBB. Are there more?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:47 am      Reply with quote
All of the colors you mentioned are available. More colors are listed here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20167

The second page of that thread I reviewed some of the newer colors that are really perfect for spring/summer.
Also apart from these colors she can custom make one for you if you send her a swatch of your favorite lipstick or lipgloss.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I haven't had time to read through this entire thread but just wanted to add my opinion on carekate's Overnight Lip Treatment...
I it!!! I use it every night religiously and sometimes during the day. My lips maintain a soft, healthy and pink condition. No more flakes and chapping! I also love the smell- reminds me of apricot fruit leather. Yummmmy! It's consistency is also another great point- non-sticky and absorbs right in. And a little bit goes a long way. Very Happy

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I have a sample and almost out. Love it too. Did you get yours recently?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
I have a sample and almost out. Love it too. Did you get yours recently?

I received mine back in February (or was it January?) I think, so I've been using it for about almost 2 months.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |