Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Blinc Kiss Me Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Davina*

Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:55 am      Reply with quote
I have seen this mascara and I am really interested in trying it. I usually use Lancome Hypnose and it gives good volume, definition and length, but the Kiss Me sounds great.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Blinc  Original Tubing Mascara - Black (5 ml)
Blinc Original Tubing Mascara - Black (5 ml)

Formerly known as Kiss Me, blinc is the original mascara invented to form tiny water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes rather than painting them like conventional mascaras. Once applied, these beauty tubes bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes. Whether your daily activities take you from the office, to your sweaty workout and then out to dinner, your lashes will look as good in the evening as they did when you first applied blinc in the morning.

Mabsy

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Davina,

Welcome to the forum. Yes, I believe a few people here have tried it (myself included). Here's a previous thread about it http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3670 Wink
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I Love it!!!! Got it in Blue and purple...Love the coverage, gives me long lashes, doesnt irritate my eyes and comes off in kind of tubes....cool!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried this product, but the idea of the little 'tubes' kind of bother me. Do they ever get stuck on -- or caught in your eye? Eek!
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
haha, It was Mabsy that described the tubes, and I have to agree with her...

No never get stuck on, and dont go in your eyes, and believe me I have sensitive eyes!

5% products discount

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use this mascara RELIGIOUSLY now. I do have to say that it's not the best lengthening I've tried, nor is it the best thickening or curling in the market, but it is the BEST when it comes to ease of removal, which is why I like it, and it never ever smears or runs or makes me look like I have raccoon eyes mid-way through the day, which almost every other brand I've tried has.
When you remove, you just splash your eye area with water several times and they eventually just kind of slide off, so I find make-up removal at night a much less "intense" experience than it used to be!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

This is my HG mascara. I have used it for years. I will tell you though that after using it for so long my eyelashes would fall out in certain places. It was pretty noticeable and took a while for them to grow back. I had to switch mascaras from time to time, but always go back to Kiss Me.
Sweet Pea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have been wearing this mascara for several years now. It is my offical "summertime" mascara. I don't have to worry about it running if I go into the pool. I use to come out with racoon eyes when I didn't wear KMM. It truly is a holy grail mascara for me. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:50 am      Reply with quote
sliding out in tubes annoys me, I would much rather it gets wash away like the normal, just so I don't get clue like streaks sticking below my eyes when I try to wash them off. Good thing is this mascara does the job nicely, and never runs.

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:28 am      Reply with quote
It's very good for staying in place but like most mascara if you rub your eye some will come off, it will look like something has flaked rather than giving you panda eyes. It also applies nicely and doesn't seem to clot like others do. I use the purple.

I found it just a easy to remove as regular mascara.
Mabsy

Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
sliding out in tubes annoys me, I would much rather it gets wash away like the normal, just so I don't get clue like streaks sticking below my eyes when I try to wash them off.

I didn't like that either but I have now changed the way that I remove it. I take one of those cotton squares and soak it in warm water, fold it in half between my fingers and then grab my eyelashes in between the folded halves. Wait for about 10 seconds so the lashes get soaked and then gently pull off. All the tubes end up lined up on the cotton square and I don't have any on my face. It ends up being faster this way as well Wink
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
This is THE MOST AWESOME mascara I have ever tried. I had been a die-hard fan of Dior's Cashmere mascara, which was pulled a year or two ago and have been in mascara hell ever since.

I got the brown in my last EDS order just for the fun of it after reading people's comments here. It is the most stay-put non-waterproof mascara ever.

I am one of the lucky ones with great eyelashes; nice curl, nice thickness, and really long. In fact my lower lashes are so long that I have not worn mascara on them for yeras and years. I hate waterproof mascaras and regular ones leave me with Panda eyes quick as a wink as my lower lashes touch my skin when I look down or put on a big grin.

BUT I survied a full 12-hour day at the office wearing KISS ME on upper and lower lashes and not one spec of Panda in sight.

I love how it just comes off when I wash my face - although the first time I forgot I had used it - being so used to regular wash off mascaras - and after I patted my face dry and turned to find little "worms" all over my face. I nearly died of fright Laughing But if I remember, they just wash off so easily with water and I dont have any problem.

I will never buy another brand again. I think I will try another color with my next EDS order too! IT
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
It's been about 6 weeks with kiss me and I still love it! Very Happy Very Happy
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I tried it when I had eyelash extensions for that's what they recommended with it. I liked it, comes off very easily.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I like this mascara, it obviously dosent smear and looks good all day. For the price the tube seems to last a long time and mine never dried out, not even almost a year later.
My only issue is Im not crazy about the brush and the formula doesnt add volume and thickness...the solution? Use a small brush like maybelline lash exact and if you want more volume add a lash primer or thin coat of another mascara underneath!
The tubes take some getting used to, but to keep your lashed from falling out dont pull the tubes off, if you just press gently on the base they should slide off themselves, also use a lash conditioner nightly.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Benn using this products for few months, love it
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
i am not much of a mascara girl, but this product has me intrigued. what is this tube stuff? sounds crazy, but in a good way! Laughing. i also love colored mascara but the one i tried from avon--a bright pool green made me look like a clown. from Mabsy's review it sounds like the colors are subtle, so that should be nice.

does anyone know if this is the same company that makes kiss me sunkiller?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Is it like Model Co's one? I think the tube ones stay on all day, can be a bugger to get off (you sort of peel them off) but the effect is very good.
Mabsy

Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted - it's done by Blinc, but I'm not sure if Blinc also do Sunkiller sunblocks. The mascara basically forms a coat around your lashes. You take it off with warm water and this results in little tubes sliding off Smile It's a good mascara and doesn't come off until you want it to.

Emma - I didn't realise that Model Co had a similar concept. But I do know that Mirenesse have a mascara like this. The Blinc is better but the Mirenesse has improved recently.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy - I think it the Lashcara one.
I've never used it but they mention it on vogue now and then.
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Love it
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
this is my most favorite mascara.
i've tried others but keep coming back!
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
It is not my favorite mascara but it is great for summer. I agree with Mabsy, using cotton pads and gently pressing on lashes is the best method for removal Very Happy
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I quite like this mascara. But I have quite long eyelashes anyway so don't want them much longer, just curly and it does nothing for that compared to for example the Trish McEvoy curling mascara I use.
maggieq
5% products discount

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
this sounds something I like.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |