Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eyezone Lifting Massager, Micro-Mini Current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Chiqui65 wrote:
AngelaE8654 wrote:

I purchased this EMS/TENS unit quite a while back:

Now I have a system that I believe equals the $600 Pico Toner and I didn't pay anywhere near as much.

TENS, EMS, Galvanic and Microcurrent are all related but not the same:

http://www.ib3health.com/products/TensandEMS/DifferentTypesEMS.shtml

That's correct. TENS is for pain relief; the first time I ever saw a TENS machine was at my physical therapist's office after I got a high ankle sprain. EMS is Electrical Muscle Stimulation and from my understanding, is similar to microcurrent but packs a little more "punch". My understanding is that microcurrent is more 'micro' than EMS.

I never use the TENS setting on my machine for any kind of facial massage. I have used that setting for my husband's sore shoulder, however.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:19 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I don't have any microcurrent device but would like to get one because this $14 gadet has really triggered my spree!

I wonder if I can use 2 units to do a facial treatment by myself like a professional one.

I welcome all users to shed light on it.

That's actually a good idea. Try it and see if it's something you think gives you good results. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
summer2004 wrote:
I don't have any microcurrent device but would like to get one because this $14 gadet has really triggered my spree!

I wonder if I can use 2 units to do a facial treatment by myself like a professional one.

That's actually a good idea. Try it and see if it's something you think gives you good results. Smile

I think this has been discussed earlier - and the verdict was it won't work. To use two separate probes, one needs to be positive and one negative. If you're using two probes which are the same the positive and negative cancel each other out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
AngelaE8654 wrote:
summer2004 wrote:

I think this has been discussed earlier - and the verdict was it won't work. To use two separate probes, one needs to be positive and one negative. If you're using two probes which are the same the positive and negative cancel each other out.

I agree but I dont think they ll cancel each other; the current would follow towards the closest opposing electrode so these 2 gadgets would act as 2 different machines instead of a single unit.... that's my take....
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Keliu wrote:
AngelaE8654 wrote:
summer2004 wrote:

I agree but I dont think they ll cancel each other; the current would follow towards the closest opposing electrode so these 2 gadgets would act as 2 different machines instead of a single unit.... that's my take....

I dont think it would work the way you want it to. As daler said it would just act like two separate machines. Like having two lightstims to decrease the time spent. You could erase under each eye and lift each eye at the same time.... Would be a time saver anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I dont think it would work the way you want it to. As daler said it would just act like two separate machines. Like having two lightstims to decrease the time spent. You could erase under each eye and lift each eye at the same time.... Would be a time saver anyway.

It was Bethany who first came up with the idea of using two devices at once - but then she posted this:
Quote:

Cookie weighed in and my idea will not work. When you think about the argan gas examples where the electricity goes from one probe to another, it would NEVER go from one double set of probes (device 1) to the other set (device 2). DUH! So much for my great creativity, lol.

The conversation is on Page 6 of this thread.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a relatively inexpensive machine with two probes from ebay a while back. Mine has red led lights with it, but I never really used it much.

Here is one that isn't too terribly high in price and it looks like it's in pretty good shape.

Micro Current Face Lift Machine

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just caught this review on Amazon about the Eye Zone Lifting Massager. Micro-mini Current. Battery Operated Device:

Quote:
Quite soon after using it, I noticed the skin around my eyes and nose thickening a bit - in a good way - and my capillaries became less visible. HOWEVER, and HERE's MY MAIN TIP: I didn't notice extreme eye lift benefits until I began positioning the device at the INSIDE CORNERS OF THE EYE, RESTING AGAINST THE NOSE. I'm not sure why, but when I extended my strokes a bit, beginning at the very inside corners, with one metal probe just above the corner of my eye and the other one below - and then proceeded with the same strokes (inside corner, glide down 1 inch, glide outwards three inches) - the results were remarkable! It is as though the puffiness and darkness have been "pushed" out. No eye cream has had this effect. I still wake up with under-eye circles (seems like I developed there around age 31 or so; I'm hoping this will lessen as I continue using the massager), but by mid-day, once my fluids have circulated, the entire area by my eyes is smooth and beautiful!

I believe she's saying to put the probes with one just above the corner of the eye and one just below, parallel to the nose and touching the nose. Then pull it down toward the toes one inch and then draw it outward toward the outer corner of the eye three inches. Apparently, this action makes ALL the difference in the world. If anyone has a different interpretation of what she's talking about please post it here as I and a couple other people weren't 100% sure what she meant.

http://www.amazon.com/Lifting-Massager-Micro-mini-Current-Operated/product-reviews/B002U774PK/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:17 am      Reply with quote
that sounds like great results but im still scared to start using this after I got zapped.Im a chicken I need to start using it!
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:48 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
that sounds like great results but im still scared to start using this after I got zapped.Im a chicken I need to start using it!

I got zapped too and I hated this device for the longest time. Hated it. Threw it into a drawer and didn't use it for a year or so. But after reading and posting to this thread I tried it again on a "2" setting and it's totally fine that way. No issues at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:07 am      Reply with quote
So funny! I use it on the 4-5 setting and get a few zaps now and then. When I get zapped it doesn't hurt at all, it just keeps me from falling asleep while watching TV, haha.

5% products discount

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
does suzanne somers facemaster the same thing as this?

Sorry stupid question
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:27 am      Reply with quote
grandmajuju wrote:
does suzanne somers facemaster the same thing as this?

Sorry stupid question

It's similar, I think. I think the Facemaster is very similar to the microcurrent you'd get in a spa, where they use two probes on the face. You can get microcurrent with two probes for use at home as well. That is very similar to this device. This particular device was designed to be used for the eye area; I think because it's actually small enough to do the microcurrent correctly in the eye area, where NuFace and those types of devices are quite a bit larger.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Angela, I just looked at your website and your photo, wow! U dont look 50 or even close to it! It's not only that your skin n hair is so healthy but u also maintained that non jaded look of youth... and u r beautiful!
krisanna

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I bought a trinity and have not gotten it yet. Then I saw people here talk about the small $40 eye zone lifting massager from amazon and ordered that too. I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to buy something like this:

MICROCURRENT-ULTRASOUND-FACIAL-TONING-LIFTING-MACHINE (from e-volution21) on ebay... it won't let me put a link in...

and learn how to use it, of course. Does anyone have any experience with this type of machine? It seems that it is better to have the two wands for microcurrent, and the added ultrasound would be a bonus.

Also, Is there a machine, maybe just microcurrent, with wands that are recommended
for home use?

Thanks for any information! Kris

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:35 am      Reply with quote
krisanna wrote:
I bought a trinity and have not gotten it yet. Then I saw people here talk about the small $40 eye zone lifting massager from amazon and ordered that too. I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to buy something like this:

MICROCURRENT-ULTRASOUND-FACIAL-TONING-LIFTING-MACHINE (from e-volution21) on ebay... it won't let me put a link in...

and learn how to use it, of course. Does anyone have any experience with this type of machine? It seems that it is better to have the two wands for microcurrent, and the added ultrasound would be a bonus.

Also, Is there a machine, maybe just microcurrent, with wands that are recommended
for home use?

Thanks for any information! Kris

I would start with the thread below, since this thread is dedicated to the Eyezone/Biowave device. It covers several devices that people are using, and like/don't like. FYI that it includes some other devices with separate probes.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=49221
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Angela, I just looked at your website and your photo, wow! U dont look 50 or even close to it! It's not only that your skin n hair is so healthy but u also maintained that non jaded look of youth... and u r beautiful!

Hi Daler. I am so sorry I did not see this post until now. I was NOT ignoring you.

Thank you very much for your kind words about my photo. Smile

5% products discount

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:30 am      Reply with quote
For the eye zone machine...how often and long do you use it for? Also, it says to test it you should place it on the divit below your lip and feel a bite....I'm assuming they mean on the outside of your lip??? I did this on setting 3 and felt nothing. Did I do it wrong?
havana8

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:51 am      Reply with quote
benibenir wrote:
Have any of you found it to feel almost slightly irritating to the skin while you are using it? I would definitely not call it painful, but it almost feels like a scratchy or burning sensation as it glides over the face. I can feel my muscles twitching, especially under the eye as well, but I want to make sure the other feeling is normal. Thanks!

bethany wrote:
Turn down the power! You really don't want to feel anything. You also need to use an appropriate conducting material...try using more of whatever serum you are using, or use ultrasound gel.

benibenir wrote:
I've been using the serum that came with it. I've got it at 3 now, but I guess I'll turn it back a bit. Thanks.

bethany wrote:
I use mine at 2...anything more than that is just too zappy for me.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that it's irritating to the skin. I wanted to use it to help build up the muscles near the tear troughs but I can't hold it on the area long enough due to that irritation. My NuFace does NOT cause this irritation.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

What's been happening with the massager. The thread seems to have died a death. Any good results from you previous posters?
benibenir
5% products discount

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm not really sure. I haven't noticed any results from this or the face exercises unfortunately. Sad However, I have only been using each for a little over 5 weeks, so I will keep at it for a bit longer. I just expected to see a bit of difference in my eye area by now.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Same here. A little temp lift but it sounds like it takes some time to see lasting changes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing worth discussing. Possibly works for product penetration and a bare bones lift around the eye area. That is the best I can say about it.
I use my Pico toner if I want results and lift.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Same here. A little temp lift but it sounds like it takes some time to see lasting changes.

Honestly, I don't know if any of them really give lasting change. I like what this did for my jowls, but was less than impressed with my eyes.

I may look into an EMS device down the road (like Andrea's recommendation or the Tua Trend) for muscle training in lieu of doing facial exercises, but I will not be investing any big bucks in a home microcurrent device.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |