Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Top 3 affordable Microcurrent? Anything old/new still good?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi there
I know there is a long thread and lots of talks on microcurrent. I looked and looked. I still am all over the place. I do not want to, can't afford the spend 500-600 dollars on something. It is out of my range. So, I have Tua and it just is not quite doing the trick, two of them broke, the probes are not working etc.

So: My smart, wise online friends...

Are people still using:
NuFace
Tua
Others?

I am not interested in hearing about PICO because it is out of my range for now. But are there people here still getting good results from NuFace Trinity or is there another product, similar in price or LESS that many people would still consider good?

Is anyone using a galvanic/micro dual machine? Sigh. I probably will get the mini microcurrent the threads are talking about, eye lift, but I want a gadget that does more, and even DOES body, lol.

Anyway still using Dermaward or D'aarsonval (spelling) and think it is good for lift and tone and sag? I dont have any acne or bad skin. I really want a BODY treatment...for crepey, chicken skin...UGH. The cupping and vaculift are great but too painful on my issues.

Thanks everyone. Please dont be mad or tell me just to go to another thread for microcurrent. I am really curious about peoples top two or three that are under 300 or so...thanks....Smile
I had a surgical procedure (minor) and just cant get through long long threads without angst or meds, lol....ha ha

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Some of us bought this little $14 unit and are having reasonably good results. For me it was a good value and the benefits have far outweighed the cost, lol. But I will definitely upgrade to something higher end down the road, and keep this for travel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141018809731

Short thread on product feedback:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48508

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:34 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Some of us bought this little $14 unit and are having reasonably good results. For me it was a good value and the benefits have far outweighed the cost, lol. But I will definitely upgrade to something higher end down the road, and keep this for travel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141018809731

Short thread on product feedback:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48508

Thanks Bethany
Yeah I am fine getting a cheap one, for short term, I like the feel of micro and believe in it. I am looking for a decent machine anywhere from $150-$200 or I may just get NuFace Trinity...but I would love to know if others are using something in this range with luck and product relaibility, lasts for years. I like the idea of NuFace, something simple with no pads, way better than other systems. Something simple. Trinity says you can use on legs, but...who knows how effective. thanks much....
I do actually notice a different in my face since I stopped retinal and micro....not that I was that religious about using it, but I ended up having to take a break due to other stuff, and I do feel I look older, saggier and just dull, pale blah...SO I need to pick it back up. Smile
thanks again
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Kassy recently bought a new unit...I'll ping her and see if she can update us on her thoughts, since I am interested as well. FYI that it had probes, gloves, and also patches I think.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:57 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy recently bought a new unit...I'll ping her and see if she can update us on her thoughts, since I am interested as well. FYI that it had probes, gloves, and also patches I think.

Thanks it is probably the Pico Toner I suspect..which is like $600....but I could be wrong, thanks so much for your help. I had my eye on that mini one for a while...the same one you gave me URL for. Maybe while i am deciding i will get that and go bigger soon. I have bought several not cheap things that I never use...and I dont want to do that again. NuFace or this little eye lifter I would use. lol. I gave up on LED cause my new hand held died, twice and it was expensive....I get mad at that. GRRRRR...lol

thanks again much, you are the best

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
skincarecat wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks it is probably the Pico Toner I suspect..which is like $600....but I could be wrong, thanks so much for your help. I had my eye on that mini one for a while...the same one you gave me URL for. Maybe while i am deciding i will get that and go bigger soon. I have bought several not cheap things that I never use...and I dont want to do that again. NuFace or this little eye lifter I would use. lol. I gave up on LED cause my new hand held died, twice and it was expensive....I get mad at that. GRRRRR...lol

Kassy did not buy the Pico...I'll track down the link to what she bought.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I second this, Kassy was not happy with the Pico's price and bought a much cheaper one....

skinstore.com recently started selling the following, I wonder if it's any good:

http://www.skinstore.com/p-20830-serious-skincare-the-egg-microcurrent-and-facial-toning-system-with-bonus.aspx

It's $160 plus additional 20% off so $128 and free shipping...

now only if these companies start giving us all the details like the amps n voltage n what not so it's easier for us to compare with other devices!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

skinstore.com recently started selling the following, I wonder if it's any good:

http://www.skinstore.com/p-20830-serious-skincare-the-egg-microcurrent-and-facial-toning-system-with-bonus.aspx

It's $160 plus additional 20% off so $128 and free shipping.

I looked at buying this at one time but it got pretty bad reviews on HSN or QVC when I looked awhile back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:

I looked at buying this at one time but it got pretty bad reviews on HSN or QVC when I looked awhile back.

Sad thank you for the info Cookie...
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
skincarecat wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks, I did not mean to make assumption, it's just Pico Toner has been talked abt a lot lately...so I just figured. Thanks.....much. I know there were some differences of opinion on Pico so...I stay clear of discussing it..lol
except that I can say it is expensive...Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have a NuFace and use it for product penetration. I do think it did some lifting particularly in the forehead area and maybe gave an overall better look. NuFace is considered galvanic -- not true microcurrent.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I have a NuFace and use it for product penetration. I do think it did some lifting particularly in the forehead area and maybe gave an overall better look. NuFace is considered galvanic -- not true microcurrent.

Thanks Sister Sweets
I feel like I will end up with one anyway...NuFace. I just feel like there will be something else right around the corner with better results...but I guess we all feel that way. I have been wanting NuFace for more than a year....I am patient, and don't have money to toss around. I may get a laser at one point...lol. In my next life..

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:

Sad thank you for the info Cookie...

just doubling the thanks, Cookie.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
skincarecat wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Thanks Sister Sweets
I feel like I will end up with one anyway...NuFace. I just feel like there will be something else right around the corner with better results...but I guess we all feel that way. I have been wanting NuFace for more than a year....I am patient, and don't have money to toss around. I may get a laser at one point...lol. In my next life..

Skincarecat (cute name!). what I am about to say is something I have thought hard about. If you buy a NuFace please get a second hand (ebay or similar one) ... I say this with utmost consideration of your money. I got mine used on ebay. In all good conscience the only thing I can recommend at full money for value is a Pico. I know it is not your budget just yet and I respect that. I won't go into detail. You can PM me if you want more. I just think you can get a NuFace at a good price and I wish you all the best.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:44 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
skincarecat wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Thanks Sister Sweets

Skincarecat (cute name!). what I am about to say is something I have thought hard about. If you buy a NuFace please get a second hand (ebay or similar one) ... I say this with utmost consideration of your money. I got mine used on ebay. In all good conscience the only thing I can recommend at full money for value is a Pico. I know it is not your budget just yet and I respect that. I won't go into detail. You can PM me if you want more. I just think you can get a NuFace at a good price and I wish you all the best.

Thanks much, I ordered the cheap New Face mini one....today....will work up to something better as soon as I can, thanks so much....Smile The Pico looks great, a little complex, and ...well, but maybe one day
Happy Friday

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
NuFace is considered galvanic -- not true microcurrent.

Why is Nuface not considered "true" microcurrent?

I have noticed in previous posts about the Pico Toner, you mentioned "FDA approval" for the device. Can you provide a link for it? I can't seem to find one, which makes me wonder if the Pico device is cleared by the FDA. Here are the related FDA documents for the Nuface devices:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf10/K103472.pdf

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf7/K072260.pdf

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
skincarecat wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
skincarecat wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Thanks Sister Sweets

Thanks much, I ordered the cheap New Face mini one....today....will work up to something better as soon as I can, thanks so much....Smile The Pico looks great, a little complex, and ...well, but maybe one day
Happy Friday

SORRY I meant New Spa Eyezone....i did not mean to say NuFace...or New Face...lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

As far as I know, NuFace Trinity has a range between 0-400 microamps. I thought microcurrent was in the range from 0-1000 microamps. Is this not correct?.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I found Kassy's post on what she bought, but she has not yet posted a review.

Kassy_A wrote:

I bought the little "Electrolast" as stated above, and although I like it, it is really best designed as a traveling device. It's especially effective (for me) in the eye area, and I do see a nice little lift to my brows.

In my search for trying to have it all in one (cheap) purchase, I just ordered this device last night off ebay;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICROCURRENT-ULTRASOUND-FACIAL-TONING-LIFTING-MACHINE-/220817195412?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3369bb0194

I just couldn't resist wands, probes, gloves and ultrasound cozily packed together for $219. USD.

Sadly, I don't see any "specs" in the product description, but once I get it if it isn't up to par I can send it back. It does look fairly decent to me though, so I have my fingers crossed.

As much as I'm interested in the Pico Toner, I just cannot justify (in my head) $600 for the gloves alone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I think this one looks interesting. All the neutral or negative feedback I reviewed had to do with chairs, and I saw no negative feedback on the microcurrent purchases.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300801575839?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
lacy - call Neurotris. This will be the best way for you to discuss all the questions you have. Good luck. Please report back.

Lacy53 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I have noticed in previous posts about the Pico Toner, you mentioned "FDA approval" for the device. Can you provide a link for it? I can't seem to find one, which makes me wonder if the Pico device is cleared by the FDA. Here are the related FDA documents for the Nuface devices:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf10/K103472.pdf

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf7/K072260.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:49 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
lacy - call Neurotris. This will be the best way for you to discuss all the questions you have. Good luck. Please report back.
Lacy53 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Sis, you were the person who stated (rather definitively) on the forum that "NuFace is considered galvanic -- not true microcurrent". I assumed you could justify/explain that statement to us, perhaps by linking to something you had read or just in your own words. Both Nuface and the FDA consider it a microcurrent device, based on the parameters in the filing(s). Am I to assume that since you directed me to contact (the competitor) Neurotris, that they were the ones to suggest Nuface is not a true microcurrent device? Have they told you that privately via telephone conversation(s) or email(s)?

I am moving our conversation about the Pico Toner over to the appropriate thread and will comment there shortly, rather than derail this thread.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have the nuface and I was somewhat happy with it until I got the Pico. There is just no comparison. Honestly it would be better to wait until you can afford the Pico. I actually really do not like the Trinity. I have it and I also purchased a refurbed old style model that uses batteries. The Trinity is a pain. It works and then it doesn't! The cradle charger is just not consistent. I like the idea of being able to add the LED on the Trinity. Mine just won't charge and work properly. It is now sitting in a box and I need to do something about it. I used my Nu Face very consistently. I think you get some lift with the cheeks but I need help with my neck also. I know money is always an issue. If you compare the Pico to a salon treatment its really not a bad price. If I am going to take the time to do a home device then I want to know that my time is well spent. Just my 2 cents for anyone on the fence. I guess I need to change my profile below!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
carolb wrote:
I have the nuface and I was somewhat happy with it until I got the Pico. There is just no comparison. Honestly it would be better to wait until you can afford the Pico. I actually really do not like the Trinity. I have it and I also purchased a refurbed old style model that uses batteries. The Trinity is a pain. It works and then it doesn't! The cradle charger is just not consistent. I like the idea of being able to add the LED on the Trinity. Mine just won't charge and work properly. It is now sitting in a box and I need to do something about it. I used my Nu Face very consistently. I think you get some lift with the cheeks but I need help with my neck also. I know money is always an issue. If you compare the Pico to a salon treatment its really not a bad price. If I am going to take the time to do a home device then I want to know that my time is well spent. Just my 2 cents for anyone on the fence. I guess I need to change my profile below!

It sounds like your main complaint about the NuFace is that it malfunctions? Or is it the actual effect of the NuFace (or lack) that bothers you? Of course, if you have a malfunctioning unit, it might be hard to give it a true evaluation.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I used microcurrent in the 90s - the Forever Spring Time Machine. When I ran out of the products it came with, I just used aloe vera gel. After a couple of years it died, with the help of my dog. But it did work.

They have them on ebay for $75. It's a little time consuming but you can do it while you watch TV. It would be faster to use two of them - I was looking at the Serious Skin Care gadget because of the two parts, but the reviews put me off.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |