Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
RoC Eye Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,
I'm new to this site but have been browsing it all morning and found a lot of helpful tips and info on it. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Roc products. After reading so many good reviews of the line and taking the online skin test from the RoC website, I finally decided to try the Retin-Ox Rejuveneur Eye Contour Cream. I used it twice but realised that a little after application, the area around my eyes became red and remained so for a couple of days! It was also stinging a little. Is this normal? I stopped using it the redness disappeared. I also noticed that it made the skin very very dry, which is has not been in the past. I'm 26, with no real noticeable signs of aging except for fine lines under my eyes. Worse than that, it looked like the producted added a fine line rather than reduced it! Confused Is this possible? Sorry for the naive questions - I would really appreciate advice from people to see if the same thing happened to others or is it just me?!
Mabsy

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried this myself but by its name I gather that it contains retinol and possibly some other actives as well. I am not sure how much retinol it has but it is recommended that people start slow with retinol. It is an exfoliating agent so this is where your irritation and dryness would have come from. I think if you would like to use this then you should really start by maybe using only a few times a week and then build up to more eventually. This is the recommended way of starting a retinol product, though it will depend on the concentration I guess. Does the box state how much retinol is in it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Hiya & welcome.

I'm currently on a month long ROC treatment using the Correction line _ I have the eye cream although I'm not using it at the moment in favour of another line I feel is more gentle & moisturising even though it also contain retinol- Avene.

I would suggest using only a tiny amount to begin with and then at night every 2 or 3 days to begin with and I wouldn't try using it again till your redness has gone. It may also help to put a moisturising eye cream over the Roc, some members suggest waiting 20 minutes to let to retinol absorb.

As I see it the retinol is a treatment and not a moisturiser.

Good luck.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Yes you're right! It does say that it has concentrated Retinol but doesn't say the amount. There's also Ascorbic acid, Vitamin B5 and Ruscogenine in it as well as a whole ton of other ingredients but no percentages are given for any of them. Do you think it's too early for me to start using retinol products?

I think I was too enthusiastic and I applied it twice in a row. To be fair to RoC, it does say on the packet that "the use of this highly effective product may cause slight tingling or redness". It is recommended that we use less frequently to find the best routine. Do you think I could use this product in combination with gentler eye products? I'm currently using the Thermal Fix Vichy for eyes and I really like it. It seems to work well on me but I'm not sure if I can mix different eye creams together.

thanks for your help,

tina
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
Hiya & welcome.

I'm currently on a month long ROC treatment using the Correction line _ I have the eye cream although I'm not using it at the moment in favour of another line I feel is more gentle & moisturising even though it also contain retinol- Avene.

I would suggest using only a tiny amount to begin with and then at night every 2 or 3 days to begin with and I wouldn't try using it again till your redness has gone. It may also help to put a moisturising eye cream over the Roc, some members suggest waiting 20 minutes to let to retinol absorb.

As I see it the retinol is a treatment and not a moisturiser.

Good luck.

Hello Eve,

Thanks for the useful info. I'm tired of talking to salespeople who just want to foist a brand on you without explaining why it would be suitable for my needs in particular. I bought this brand because it wasn't too expensive. I didn't know retinol was a treatment - that doesn explain the dryness. I'm feeling better already! Very Happy Thanks for your advice.
tina
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi tinakiss - I'm not sure if you meant using both eye products at once (layered on top of one another), but as Eve said, retinol is a treatment, and many treatment-like products generally recommend that they're used alone (Vit.C is an exception that comes to mind though) or else their effectiveness is diluted/diminished. So for best results, it would probably be better if you used your other eye product on an alternating night or during the daytime.
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I did mean using my regular product on alternate days. Is there any reason I should put the retin-ox on at night? The reason I ask is that the couple of times I used it, I applied it in the morning - I was wondering if that would have made matters worse. The instructions on the product are to use it day and/or night.
tina
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I use retinoid products at night. Besides other products being layered on top, exposure to sunlight can diminish their effectiveness as well. I once used a Roc product during the day that contained an AHA, retinol and sunscreen. My freckles darkened, so that was the end of that! But I think Roc products are pretty good for the money. Just use them wisely.
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one using this brand!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:25 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome. Let us know what you decide to do?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I think I'll apply the retinol cream on alternate nights and if that's too powerful, I'll space them out a little more. On the other days, I'll keep using my ordinary eye gel which I really like and is good for hydrating the area. I hope it works out! Not sure anyone can answer this but how long does it usually take for any results to be visible? Rolling Eyes
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I tried it with a bad result: it irritated my skin, so I stopped using it Sad
Lara

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried ROC eye cream before, but it irritated my skin around my eye area, so I gave it to my husband and he's ok.

I've gone through Chanel ultra correct,EL ANR eyecream.The Chanel's made me have milia under eye,EL's was not moisture enough and nothing special. After I tried the sample of Valmont eyecream from EDS, I love it at noce. It's very moist(during the very dry winter),brighten my under eye area, and nice for using under foundation. My full size is on the way for my recent EDS order. Another thing I can tell is that this eye cream really goes long way, every time only little is enough.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I've tried ROC eye cream before, but it irritated my skin around my eye area, so I gave it to my husband and he's ok.

Isn't the whole point of getting married so that you will have someone to palm off unwanted skin care to? (obviously so that in turn you can go buy something new for yourself?) Laughing [/quote]
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Haha, I'm a reasonable person and everytime really have a good reason to try new stuff. Cool
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing You guys are funny! But I'm pretty sure I won't be able to foist this on my partner - he's pretty against skin care for some wierd reason. I guess it's a male thing. Shame on you He doesn't understand why i use it!!
Anyways, i'll try RoC again tonight, and if its still irritating me, I'll stop it. Since it's the weekend, if the area goes a little red, I don't need to make myself presentable for a couple of days. Will keep you posted...
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Just for your info, I have tried the RoC again, this time at night. The area wasn't irritated this time and since I applied my usual eye cream the next day, everything seems to be ok. I'm thinking I'll just go on applying it on alternate nights though. At least for the moment. Any ideas how long it will take before one can see any beneficial results? Thanks!
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I was seeing slight crows feet around my eyes (I'm a smiley person :D) when I started using the ROC eye cream. It says on the box, depending on the variety you use, how long it will take, approximately to see the results. The one I was using said 8 weeks and I think that was actually a good estimate. The teensy things are all gone now, but since I'm only 24 they weren't that bad to begin with.

It has a warning on the box, too, to use it sparingly until your skin gets used to it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
thanks for answering! yes, i did note the warning on the box and that's why i started using it less. i don't really have crow's feet yet, just fine lines because i too am smiley Very Happy i'm hoping that by the 8 weeks, they'll be gone too!
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:
I was seeing slight crows feet around my eyes (I'm a smiley person Very Happy) when I started using the ROC eye cream. It says on the box, depending on the variety you use, how long it will take, approximately to see the results. The one I was using said 8 weeks and I think that was actually a good estimate. The teensy things are all gone now, but since I'm only 24 they weren't that bad to begin with.

It has a warning on the box, too, to use it sparingly until your skin gets used to it.

Harmonster, may I ask which RoC cream you were using? Thanks1
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
The white box! :D

One of the only products I've ever used until I ran out of it. But since the mini-wrinkles are gone now I'm having a hard time splurging another $20 bucks for something I no longer need. I'm keeping an eye on my eyes though, just using a mineral-oil based (thanks ladies) moisturizer there for the time being.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:
The white box! Very Happy

One of the only products I've ever used until I ran out of it. But since the mini-wrinkles are gone now I'm having a hard time splurging another $20 bucks for something I no longer need. I'm keeping an eye on my eyes though, just using a mineral-oil based (thanks ladies) moisturizer there for the time being.

Just out of curiosity, why mineral based? I'm just looking around for an eye moisturiser at the moment, something I can use in conjuction with the RoC - is there anything you suggest?

I understand you not wanting to splurge on something you don't need right now, but I think you should definitely watch out for the area. I read somewhere that if you discontinue using the products, things will go back to where they started. I have to say that I'm no expert but there are plenty of ladies on this site who can give you really good advice about that. I'm just worried about the effects of discontinuing the use of retinol.... Question
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Well I haven't used the ROC eye cream for over a month now and my eyes are still looking good... surprisingly so.

Check out this thread, too, for the mineral oil based eye cream conversation: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11290

I haven't found anything yet to recommend. I try and make sure one way or the other before I chat about something too much. :)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I guess you're right, and what works for one person might not work for the next.

Thanks for the link. I'll keep looking around for a decent eye cream Rolling Eyes

tina

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |