Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Tell-tale "SKIN" issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemi
I get the occasional breakouts on the chin, and some of them are quite painful. Elsewhere, my skin is clear and my pores next to invisible.

Nemi, believe it or not you were describing my skin condition to a T !! To be exact, it was a concentration of painful, cystic zits in the chin area while the rest of my face remarkably remained a blemish free zone. This lasted for about 1.5 months and I was at my wits end trying to figure out what could be the cause.... it all started in December, the 'Silly Season' as we know it where the Xmas celebrations and parties mean lots of eating (more bad then good food) and drinking (the alcoholic kind and no water). On holidays I ate lots and lots of seafood (mainly prawns) and drank a lot of alcohol. At first I thought the break out was just due to the bad food consumption, as prawns are high in iodine which can cause break outs....coupled with the fact that I only drank alcohol and little to no water. This would have been true if the break out had cleared up after a few weeks... I then blamed it on my hormones as my periods were due... WRONG again as the cluster of the yellow 'eyes' hung around long after my period was over. I went on a detox kit, drinking lots of water and eating plenty of fruit and veggies... still the cysts relentlessly clung onto their lives on my chin ! MadMad

Finally I took myself to the Heathfood store where a naturopath told me that I was congested... she explained that when you are constipated, the body can't eliminate waste efficiently like it's suppose to so it gets re-absorbed YUKKK ! SadSad and the cycle goes on and on until your liver can find a way to eliminate all the toxins.... BAD SKIN is a sure sign of a toxic body, ie. blemishes come from the inside. The body eliminates waste toxins in four main ways-- through the bowel, kidneys, lungs and skin. The skin is the largest organ of elimination you have so often people have a lot of problems with their skin because they are toxic on the inside. Many of these people suffer from constipation and in a desperate effort to cleanse itself, your body eventually pushes toxins out through the skin in the form of psoriasis and skin blemishes. Once the liver clears all the toxins out of the cells, organs and bloodstream, the skin will automatically clear-- the skin will change dramatically, it glows, the eyes are clearer, the whites whiter.

So armed with a bit more wisdom, I upped my fibre intake, drank (literally) litres of water a day, increased the excercise to speed up the metabolism rate a bit, and took an additional herbal supplement and got more REGULAR !! Very Happy I'm so relieved I solved the mystery as I seriously couldn't figure out why my skin was behaving so badly when I was using the best skin care products !

So it's always good to go back to the very basics and like Alohagirl's and Babyfish's approach, look at what you're consuming or using or if something's changed in your routine. I never thought that skin reflects our inner health, but now I know that it does very much !!

The other 'useful' bit of information which I was also advised by the naturopath who correctly diagnosed my skin condition straight away was to be able to tell the cause of your zits. If zits occur on the forehead area, it is usually from the food that you eat-- hot, spicy, salty, sugary foods aren't too good. Zits which occur in the centre area of the face is due to hormones, and those on your chin is because you're likely to be congested. I can't be sure how true that is, but perhaps the aestheticians on EDS might care to confirm !

Sorry for the epic post but just thought I'd share the info just in case this little problem crops up for you ! There is a happy ending to this little story-- my skin's back to it's happy clear radiant self again, free of zits thank God !!

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Great story, summertimegirl. Thanks for sharing it!

I agree there's a big connection between what you eat and how you look. I once met a guy with the white part of his eyes the brightest white I'd ever seen. (He worked in a health food store!) And just today I met a man and wife with the clearest, most radiant skin. (Both are vegetarian health food nuts!)

I feel inspired now. May I ask what kind of herbal supplement you took?

--Alohagirl:P
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Summertime Girl
I'm glad that your skin has finally cleared. Don't you just walk around with an extra spring in your step when you know your skin is clear and smooth?

I think that "diagnosis" that you shared about zits on the specific areas on our face is quite accurate. I, for one, am constantly plagued with zits on my forehead - big angry ones:mad: AND, I loovvve spicy food - I eat my noodles with extra hot Thai chilli. NOW, I know why the zits never really go away - but I am not sure I am willing to give up the chillis.

Thanks
Jenny;)
athan
5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:50 am      Reply with quote
hi summertime girl and nemi,
i have also suffered from the chin condition, and i really mean suffered!!! I do not know what to do about it. i know about congestion, have even been on a strict liver cleansing diet, drink heaps of water etc, but i still get these extremely painful blind pimples/cysts. They last for at least a month but then a mark remains which sort of looks like bruising for about 4-6 months. This is the sole problem with me skin, i have no idea what to try next.

I have keep up a pretty good skin care routine for years, use exf & masks, have just changed from ella bache products to dermalogica.

Does anyone have any ideas, maybe some spot treatments, I'm willing to try anything!!!!!!!!

Cheers xxx
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome Alohagirl! It's so true that you are what you eat, being 'bogged' up (sorry!:P) is not a good thing. At least I know now that if my body's not 'clearing the way' neither is my skin!Wink I really love bright whites in eyes, it shows good health.

The herbal supplement I'm taking is one by MediHerb "Clivers Complex" and the naturopath prescribed it as a good one to take. They're an Australian co. and you can check out their site http://www.mediherb.com.au there's some good info on that site!

Hi Jenny-- there sure is more of spring in my step!! Very Happy I feel a LOT better now thanks ! Hehee! You've got a partiality to hot chillies as well-- afterall we're Asian aren't we?! Very Happy I cut them fresh over my noodles, and use them to flavour virtually everything except dessert !Wink:P Did you know they're the best for keeping your weight down-- yeah! the chemical in the chillies helps speed up your metabolism....but yes hot spicy foods are a bit of a culprit for my zits too when I overindulge. :P

Hello Athan! and welcome to the forum Very Happy. I know, zits on the chin area is especially more painful and very annoying when the other area of your face is clear! Mad I hated it and what's worse is when nothing you do seems to clear it. Sad I'm surprised that you went on a strict liver cleansing diet and that failed-- I thought those, along with treatments like colonic irrigation are meant to yield good results..... I didn't actually go on a proper liver cleansing diet (you have to adhere to a certain diet and with my work it wasn't possible to be strict!), I just went on my own detox home 'kit' of juicing fruit and veggies, getting fibre for 'roughage' in the mornings and yes lots of water. That along with the herbal supplement has really helped me. (I also take a silica formula called Nutralife Silicaplex 5000 Plus which is meant to help the condition of my hair, skin and nails).

Please excuse the pun but if the process of elimination of your routine-- like looking at your diet, skin care routine for your skin type, hormones, medication you could be taking, even habits such as resting your hands on your chin when working in front of computer and transfering bacteria...fails to shed light you might like to do what I did and visit a healthfood store. I was lucky that there was a naturopath working at the one I visited and she offered some really great advice. A chat with your doctor or derm would help too of course.

I hope you're getting good results with the switch to Dermalogica. Wink You might also like to try MD Formulations Clearing Complex as a spot treatment. Some of the ladies on the forum love this product and say it's effective to help dry up zits. Here's a thread on it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1137

Summertimegirl xx:D
Mabsy

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by summertimegirl
If zits occur on the forehead area, it is usually from the food that you eat-- hot, spicy, salty, sugary foods aren't too good. Zits which occur in the centre area of the face is due to hormones, and those on your chin is because you're likely to be congested. I can't be sure how true that is, but perhaps the aestheticians on EDS might care to confirm !

Wow, thanks for sharing that Summertimegirl! That's really interesting. Especially since when I do get the occasional big pimple it's always either on my forehead or on my chin.

I'm off to go fill up my water bottle Very Happy

Thanks again for sharing!
Mabsy
athan
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks summertimegirl,
i'll definately try the MDF clearing complex, and a new natropath, and a doctor if i have too.
I must comment on the knowledge of all the ladies on the forum, I am overwhelmed, you are all amazing!!!
Half my friends don't understand my passion for skincare and products, now i have somewhere to feed it.

Thanks again.
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Summertimegirl

Chillies Twin????:P:P:P
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Might be worth giving the whole detox thing a try. BUT: I am on a pretty healthy diet already, since I have a very sensitive stomach, and I am trying to drink at least two liters of water a day. I don't smoke, drink very little alcohol, and eat much fruits and vegetables. I have heard that spots on your chin is often due to hormones (I am on the pill), so we will probably just have to cope with it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |