Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help me choose a new eye cream please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Roc Retinol for the longest time, and I'm thinking now maybe I should bring on something new.

I dont have lines around my eyes except when I smile, but I do have sunken - ness, Sad .

I'd like to use something nourishing, maybe with vit c, but I guess I also need a retinol type thing going on. Or do I?

what do you think?

( btw I'm 47 so I need Big Guns, now..)

TIA.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Here's a link to eye creams by category that I found helpful. Maybe the Cellex-C might be a good one to try. It was too strong for me although I might try again later. I have also used LaRoche Posay's Vit C eye cream. It is more like a thick serum. I do like it though but use it at night and sometimes put another cream over it after it sinks in.
http://skincarerx.com/eye-cream.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I use Neostrata Eye Cream with PHA. It works to soften fine lines and it is quite moisturizing. As compared to other expensive ones (e.g. Okusil), it delivers much better results. Worth to try, not expensive.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:22 am      Reply with quote
If you can afford it, Valmont L Elixir Eye Cream is the ultimate. I wish I had found this many, many years ago. Use it and your eyes will stay young.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
That's a great link Marie, thankyou, I'm studying it!

The ones you mention are distinct possibilities.

I just looked at the Valmont, bushy. WOAH that stuff is expensive!? I wonder what on earth is in it to make it cost soooo much.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Catski, there are a myriad of ingredients and I guess it is the combination but it worked on my eyes. It feels so heavenly when you put it on and makes your eyes feel so awake, but most importantly, it firms and reduces lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
gosh, Bushy. I can feel myself getting very tempted..
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi catski, Freeze 24/7 eye serum is a Big Gun!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi catski! I've been reading over on the review forum that people have been getting some amazing results from using the new skincubed eye cream that a bunch of us are trialing. Personally I've only used it once so far so I can't say much about long-term results yet, but my eye area definitely looked amazing all day after I used it! It's pricey tho, so if you'd like to try a more affordable option first I'd definitely recommend the under-eye treatment from Best Bath Store (You can get a free sample atwww.bestbathstore.com ). It contains lots of amazing firming ingredients and it goes on like liquid silk. Smells lovely, too! Also, you might want to check out the reviews for the 100% Pure Coffee Eye Cream. It's even more affordable than the eye cream from Best Bath Store, and while I haven't tried it it's def. on my must-try list.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried loreal's eye cream, olay's eye gel when I was younger and thought it's even ok not to use any. Later I used body shop's VE eye cream (too oily for me). Now I am using EL's ANR eye cream. Feel comfort, absorb fast and no strange things happened. But I hope to find some eye treatment that works for fine lines and not too expensive (even though it is mostly the case for eye cream). Confused
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this input, ladies.

I'm looking at all your suggestions, and am in Full Dither Mode.

I'm hoping soon some realism is going to kick in, I'll
realise the limitations of an eye cream, no matter how good it might be - and then just buy one and accept it wont turn back the clock..

Has anyone tried the freeze 24/7?

I liked the natura bisse freeze I had for my forehead, it was great.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Thanks for this input, ladies.

I'm looking at all your suggestions, and am in Full Dither Mode.

I'm hoping soon some realism is going to kick in, I'll
realise the limitations of an eye cream, no matter how good it might be - and then just buy one and accept it wont turn back the clock..

Cat, have you seen this thread? http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17926

There might be some good suggestions there for you.
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm really liking Remergent's Microcirculation, it's mid-priced at $69 when compared to Valmont and Cellcosmet. Wink I find after a month of nightly usage, my very fine lines seem even finer and the purplish redness under my eye less obvious. However, it's no miracle worker but then again, I've never tried an eye cream that lived up fully to it's grandiose claims. This at least seems to be doing something. I tell ya, if you, like me were to add every eye cream rave here to your Must-try/Lust list, it'll never end. Laughing First it was the Cellcosmet, then Juvena Juvedical, Valmont's unattainable L ELIXIR DES GLACIERS, Remergent and NOW skincubed. You get the picture. Wink And despite really liking the Remergent, I can already feel my interest drifting towards the Skincubed eye cream. Oh God, I really have to stop because all this frenetic skin care buying is leaving me little for anything else. Sad

Please let us know wheat you decide to try in the end though!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying the glyco eye cream 8 percent with copper eyes from platinum skin care tonight. It looked pretty good, so I couldn't resist even though I just started using the skincubed. You are so right about the "must have" list fenn. It is a never ending thing
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Please excuse my ignorance but what is the "skincubed" eye cream? And where do you get a trial? My eye area is the driest part of my face and I'm always looking for something newer and better...especially during the cold months. Thx!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that link, Mermaid Girl, I will read it and make notes!

Fenn - spot on. I've been using eye creams for 20 - odd years. But this is the first time I've done more than loved a product from the hype, and bought it.
I think because for the first time I'm seeing your actual bona fide aging around my eyes. Not just laugh lines - but a change in the skin texture.

Hence me thinking it's time to bring in the cavalry. Shock

razinkane, I was actually looking at the jan marini glycolic eye cream and wondering - how do you know if you need a glycolic eye cream?! because most eye creams arent using that ingredient , I think?

though I've been using a mild retinol for years, so I guess maybe it wouldnt be such a big change.. (?)

I also looked at the skinbio approach to eye - remodelling and I feel too chicken to go for it. Potential baggy eyes for 6 months while it sorts itself out?!! eeek.

I will definitely let you know what I will go for.
I have some strivectin eye cream in my cabinet, also, to try.
At the moment I'm using a sample of perricone eye cream which is quite nice.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Just to add to the mix Rolling Eyes there's a new Jan Marini eye cream out-age intervention. No, haven't tried it (yet) but it's on the list

Haven't gotten my skincubed yet, though.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all - Has anyone tried Dr. Jessica Wu White Peony Eye Contour? I'm using a sample and I've been impressed that it doesn't look oily and really does a nice job on fine lines. I'm not an experienced eye treatment user though. The price is $135, but I can't determine what the net wt. of the product is.

Here are the ingredients, which I'm sure won't appeal to those who like simpler formulations:

Contains:
Deionized Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Emulsifying Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Superoxide Dimutase, Radix Paeoniae Alba (White Peony), Radix Scutellariae (Chinese Skullcap), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Imperata cylindrica Extract, Bearberry Extract, Soluble Collagen, Almond Butter, Linoleic Acid, PPG-12/ SMDI Copolymer, Yeast Extract, Dipalmitoyl HydroxyprolinePhenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Coneflower Extract & Hydrocotyl Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glycine Soja Sterols, Magnesium Aluminum Si

I'm interested in any opinions or feedback!
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
m.april, I've been dying to try the white peony for the longest time but the price is a bit of a set-back though. Ugh, I just don't get how a wee 15ml of something can cost so darn much. Mad As always, I've given in to temptation and recently acquired Juvena's Juvedical thanks to bushy but it's too soon to tell if it's working for me yet. It's a very light gel that sinks in fast and leaves no residue, great for those with oily skin but mine definitely needs a seperate eye cream on top. The JM's new eye cream is another one that's piqued my interest too but then most things on EDS do. Very Happy

Catski, so what have you decided on? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance but what is the "skincubed" eye cream? And where do you get a trial? My eye area is the driest part of my face and I'm always looking for something newer and better...especially during the cold months. Thx!

Hi Nanapost,

I am not sure if you're still wondering about this, but the skincubed free offer has been over for some time. you can still purchase the eye cream from the site, it's owned by Louis.

Here is the discussion thread about it:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17895&highlight=skincubed+louis

there should be info on a 30% discount code and free gift in the thread somewhere.

the actual site:

http://www.skincubed.com/index.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
mine is juice beauty apple eye cream ,i love it
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I am biting the bullet and ordering the skincubed eye-cream. The wow factor is just too good to pass up! Sometimes I really wish I hadnt stumbled on to this forum... ah well I may end up in th poor house with nothing to my name...but geez I'll be looking good!! Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:
I am biting the bullet and ordering the skincubed eye-cream. The wow factor is just too good to pass up! Sometimes I really wish I hadnt stumbled on to this forum... ah well I may end up in th poor house with nothing to my name...but geez I'll be looking good!! Very Happy

Hi Vava_Gurl! I LOVE the skincubed eye repair treatment!! The texture is quite different from what you might expect - and it wouldnt surprise me if your instinct is to put something extra on top....for the first week or so I felt like I needed something on top..but I refrained...(my prevage eye treatment is collecting dust)...and now I am just thrilled!! The puffiness has decreased significantly and my eye area is incredibly soft. Goodbye to morning blowfish eyes, goodbye to my tendency to wear my glasses all the time and hello to spanking new super-bright eye liner shades and new-found confidence!
Pudoodles
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I've just received a decleor firming treatment, which I havent begun yet.

And I've been using the strivectin eye cream for a couple of weeks. It seems ok, nothing to wow about.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I have some Eluage coming in the post, and I'm wondering if that would be any good for the eye area..

I'm accustomed to using a mild retinol from Roc..

I have both strengths of Eluage coming.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |