Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

*Review*: PSF Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
So I've been using some PSF products for awhile now, and decided it's time for a review. The products I have been using are the Perfecting Day Lotion (have been using this the longest, two months or so), and a few weeks ago I added Papaya Cleansing Gel, and the R & R Toning Mist.

All of the products are excellent. The Perfecting Day Lotion is the perfect moisturizer for my combo towards dry skin. It keeps flakiness away that I get around my mouth and chin and leaves my skin moisturized, which really helps with MMU application. It has no smell and sinks in quickly. I don't care for the little application pump. My finger slips and slides around on it. Smile Oh, and this does not clog my pores.

I use the papaya cleansing gel in the morning. I bought this to replace my proactiv cleanser. I love the smell; it's very refreshing. It rinses away clean, and has not clogged my pores. In fact, since I've been using it, the pores on my nose are more refined. It does leave my face feeling a little dry, but hasn't really caused a problem since I use the toner and the lotion after cleansing.

The toner I'm just addicted to. I use it a few times a day. I'll use it on top of other toners! It's just so refreshing and moisturizing. I like to use it right after I apply my mineral makeup and later on in the day if I feel my face getting dry. This weekend I was over at my boyfriend's, and had this in my bag. He was getting dressed and apparently thought I was up to something as I walked in the room. He watched me intently as I reached into my bag a brought out my mist. His face went over all puzzeled as I took the cap off and pointed the bottle at my face. I looked at him pointedly and squirted luxuriously. He was mortified when I motioned toward his face with it. I guess guys don't get why we mist...
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Violetanne, I just placed an order for the holiday special with the blueberry and dmae serum as well as the free eye serum. i was wondering about their other products as well but figure i can just order it from eds later.

thanks for the review. I have a couple questions for you.

i noticed you ordered the papaya cleanser which is for oilier skin types instead of the green tea cleanser for drier skin, but then ordered the perfecting day lotion instead of the moisture balancing lotion. i am trying to decide which moisturizer and cleanser to buy and am curious why you chose those two.

Laughing about your boyfriend. my ex used to freak out about those things, but my current loves skin stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I got the Perfecting Day Lotion during the summer when I won a forum gift voucher thing. I really never planned on using it in combination with other PSF products. And I really can't say why I choose it over another as it was a awhile ago, and it probably just seemed nice to me. I believe it has hyaluronic acid which I'd heard was excellent for retaining moisture. Moisturizers for 'combo' skin usually don't have enough moisture for me, so this lotion turned out to be a good choice.

I picked the papaya over the green tea because acne is still a concern for me, and the papaya has bacteria-killing ingredients (the colloidal silver). I also had read that the ladies on here preferred the papaya over the green tea, the green tea having clogged some pores, and having felt residue-y. Cleansers for dry skin I've found tend to break me out; I need something that purifies rather than something that provides emollients. And the moisture I get from the Perfecting lotion really eliminates any dryness I may get from the papaya cleanser (the toning mist helps with that as well!)

I really have the weirdest skin in the winter. My nose is the only oily spot on my face and, like I mentioned, the area around my mouth and chin can get flaky. But, I can still get acne if I'm not diligent about what I use. I'm prone to big, cystic zits on my chin and little whiteheads on my nose. these PSF products are working for me, though.

HTH, skincareaddicted! Very Happy
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Violetanne! I am really not partial to cream/milky cleanser, i have tried them but they don't seem to work for my skin type, so maybe the papaya cleanser might be good for me too.

I did order a sample of the moisturizer for oily skin, so i will see if it provides enough moisture for my combo skin, if not, i am definitely buying the one for drier skin. my skin seems to be changing this year, for the better actually, it's not as oily as before. also, do you know if the moisturizer has any type of cones in it? i took a look at the ingredients but didn't notice any. i am starting to worry about them now since Amy from NaturDerm explained that cones smother the skin.

I think this duo would be a great gift for some of my friends and family, the prices aren't bad at all either.

Thanks for your reply, it helped a lot Smile . if you use any other PSF products, please let us know. i am intrigued with PSF at the moment Wink

Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the above items from EDS and had been using them about 1 month since then.

The eye gel is good but it hasnt showed the lifting effect yet ...just moistured my eyelids quite well.

The firming facial toner is not suitable for my skin. My skin was stinging and itchy even having a light spray on it. I have pretty strong skin which had undergone AHA sessions b4, but the DMAE toner just cant work on my skin.

Luv to try other products if have chance.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have combo skin and using the moisture lotion. Since it's winter my skin is starting to get dry except the t-zone area. The lotion isn't helping the dry area, so I have to use another lotion. I think the Perfect Day Lotion would of been better for the winter. And the moisture would be great for summer.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
also, do you know if the moisturizer has any type of cones in it? i took a look at the ingredients but didn't notice any. i am starting to worry about them now since Amy from NaturDerm explained that cones smother the skin.

No, there's no silicones in the perfecting day lotion. I don't think PSF uses silicones? None of the products I use have them.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I've been using PSF's 20% Vit C and the Firming Facial Toner since the summer and I really like them.

The C seems more hydrating and less irritating than other Cs I have tried (e.g., Obagi and Janson-Becket). This is probably due to the HA serum.

The toner smells great and feels wonderfully refreshing, but the most important thing is that I can see dramatic improvement in the skin of my neck and decollete area that I can attribute directly to the toner. I'm so busy that I rarely use anything else in those areas: just cleanse and mist the toner. I use so many products on my face that it is impossible to tell what is doing what. It's gratifying to know for sure that a product is working and working well! I like the toner so much that I just bought more for myself, and for my mom and mother-in-law, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Phyto-Lift for more than a month, but I have not seen the lift effect that was observed by some of the members here. Perhaps I need to continue using it for some more time to see the effect.
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Rose wrote:
I have been using the Phyto-Lift for more than a month, but I have not seen the lift effect that was observed by some of the members here. Perhaps I need to continue using it for some more time to see the effect.

Hi rose, i havent seen any lift effect. I have been using the gel for ages. But i am `still using the gel it still hydrates my eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm one of those people who see an immediate effect from the Cranberry eye gel. A minute or so after putting it on, my entire eye area looks more "open" and refreshed. It's not exactly a "lift" but I look more wide awake and less tired. I love that stuff.

It's also supposed to contain matrixyl, a collagen builder, but I honestly don't know if I see any difference due to the eye gel as I also use SkinBio's CP's (diluted) 1-2 times a week under the eyes.

Even if the collagen building wasn't really happening, the "open eye" effect for me is well worth using the eye gel.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
This the first time I know about the brand. It sounds great and the price is also great too.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi violetanne - I'm liking PSF products too the more I try them. I've loved the Pumpkin Enzyme Peel and just recently started their new DMAE serum. It's really great! DMAE causes some dryness around my eyes, but the firming is worth it -- I just need to find the right moisturizer to counteract it.

The other day, I used the enzyme peel, then applied their new Berry Beneficial Antioxidant Serum, then DMAE, then SS and makeup. I was wowed by how my face looked! So smooth and firm! I was a bit dry the next day though and I really need to get with it as far as moisturizers go (have always relied on my oily SS to take care of dryness but I'm finding I need something extra in winter, especially to use in tandem with DMAE). Applying all this after the peel could've been key -- and I wouldn't/couldn't use the peel every day -- but I'm going to do this again Friday before I go to a holiday party!
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Must rant..about the perfecting day lotion..for the thousandth time! It is so nice to apply and great for all skintypes except super dry skin. This and the O2 are my favourites from PSF!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Any good stuff for me to know about how well (or not) the Acne Mud works?
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Don't know about the Acne Mud Treatment but can comment on other PSF products.

I'm finding that most PSF products go a long way and are excellent for the price, except the O2 serum which doesn't last long and is expensive so I had to stop ordering it. I am also partial to the fact that they keep their products "clean", ie. organic, as pure as they can. I'm using both the Green Tea (am: no m/u, no city grime to remove - it's very gentle) and Papaya (pm) cleansers and you only need a very small amount, so great value. Trying the PSF .5% Retinol - I always had bad reactions before with any Retinol but PSF is not irritating in the least. Love the Pumpkin Peel! Also very happy with the Firming Facial Toner (does make my skin itchy and tingly but it passes in a minute) and Phyto-Life Cranberry Gel, the latter I use religiously because I suffer from insomnia and therefore bags under the eyes - doesn't get rid of them completely but certainly helps.

Happy with the results of using PSF Vit. C 20% (the item I've used most consistently on my face and therefore can say confidently that Vit. C has made a big difference) but not happy with the packaging. Wouldn't order the Stimucoll again but that's because of a prior negative experience... now I just put the Vit. C under my eyes. Use the Organic Moisture Mask about once a week but results are barely noticeable.

Not everything I've tried has had a wow factor but I'd say I'm pretty happy with the majority of the products I've tried and I will repurchase. Looking forward to the day that EDS starts carrying some of their newer products and newer packaging. Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I just received my PSF vit c 12% and retinol 0.5% a few days ago, but only using the vit c serum at the moment. I have super sensitive/reactive dryish skin, but the serum doesn't irritate my skin at all which I find very surprising. I just feel the initial stinging right after I apply, but by the time the wait time (15 min) is over, the sting is pretty much gone. I also use it around my eye as I wanna fade my brown spots. I find the serum quite watery so I only use 3 small drops for my whole face. However, I think it is rather drying so, I end up piling loads of Yon-Ka Serum and Yon-Ka Pamplemousse on afterward. Anyway, I'm just wondering if it's ok to keep the vit c serum in the bathroom on the sink area?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:08 am      Reply with quote
oriana808 wrote:
Wouldn't order the Stimucoll again but that's because of a prior negative experience...

What happened? I'm loving this myself.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Speaking of the Stimucoll-C, is the color supposed to be a yellowish cream?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I have really liked the ALA complex. I've used two bottles and will reorder. It is a very light moisturizer that absorbs quickly but leaves the skin with kind of a healthy glow. A good way to get important antioxidant protection as well. I do use a little jojoba oil after this in the winter when my skin gets overly dry. The bottle is a little difficult to use.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:

Yes, a light/serumy type yellowish cream. If you leave some on the nozzle it turns quite a different colour; dangerous orange so you can tell when it's oxidised.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Molly! I'm trying really hard not to say that I am liking it so far (I am) because I've vowed to wait at least 30 days, and preferably longer, before reviewing a product. But, see, I can't resist.

Molly wrote:
Jeannine wrote:

Yes, a light/serumy type yellowish cream. If you leave some on the nozzle it turns quite a different colour; dangerous orange so you can tell when it's oxidised.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
oriana808 wrote:
Wouldn't order the Stimucoll again but that's because of a prior negative experience...

What happened? I'm loving this myself.

I've already mentioned this in another thread so didn't want to repeat myself, but what happened was that I ordered the Stimucoll from EDS at $75. Then one or two days later the new improved formula became available at EDS for $60 (I'm not on this board every single day so discovered this too late to change my order). The bottle I purchased was very yellow and very gritty and a bit smelly to boot. So needless to say I felt quite ripped off. Then... I keep the bottle in a basket and rarely use it, but somehow the rubber portion at the top came out and so now I've no doubt it is oxidized (also have similar problem with Vit. C serum leaking from same area of the bottle, where rubber meets cap). So as far as I'm concerned the packaging wasn't good enough for such fragile products.

It would have been very considerate if EDS informed me that the improved and less expensive version of Stimucoll was becoming available in a day or two, instead of getting rid of somewhat faulty and overpriced old stock at my expense. I can understand if it was going to be a few weeks.

Does the product work? Can't comment on that but it was obviously a dent in my pocket book that I didn't reap any rewards from and therefore don't feel inclined to purchase again. Right now I just use Vit. C straight under my eyes every couple of days.

Oakview I also am liking the ALA as a daily moisturizer but also find that it's difficult getting the product out of the bottle (once again issues of packaging with PSF).
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
oriana--have you tried contacting magda or EDS about the problem with your stimicol C? i am not sure how long you've had the problem, but it sounds like it's something about the dispenser and not at all your fault.

violetanne--thanks for your review and answers to my questions which made me decide to order the moisturizer for dry skin instead of the oilier skin version. i am loving the day moisturizer which i use in the day (at night i am using Jan Marini's bioglycolic facial lotion which is awesome to eliminate dry patches). my skin is getting that poreless look and is so soft now Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Any good stuff for me to know about how well (or not) the Acne Mud works?

Check out my review for this!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18902

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |