Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review:: Rimmel Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
This is one those new generation mascaras with the plastic brushes. I was going to try the Max Factor one, but then I saw this, and I've had really good luck with other Rimmel mascaras (Extra Super Lash, Lash Extender), and it was $2 cheaper than the Max Factor. Laughing This claims to 'lift lashes vertically by 70%'.

(On a side note, I tried LashExact by Cover Girl and hated it-- the formula was stiff and it caused some shedding)

Anyway, I like the Rimmel. The formula dries soft, and doesn't flake at all, even at the end of a long work day. I'm not so sure about the whole lifting of lashes by 70%, but this does really make lashes longer-- I bought it in Extreme Black so the effect is rather dramatic. I think I'd like it in a subtler color for day wear, though. I did use this with just some peach eyeshadow and gloss, and the effect was very pretty. (Well, I thought so, anyway Smile ).

I do have to run my lashes though a lash comb to acheive some separation. I was skeptical about the actual brush because it doesn't look as streamlined as the other ones-- the bristles aren't as tapered as, say, the LashExact brush (and maybe if they were, I wouldn't have to use a lash comb). But this is worlds better in terms of actual quality. It didn't make my eyelashes fall out!

So, a good drugstore buy. Very Happy
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Good review! Thank you! Smile

I like to try out new mascaras and this one is inexpensive enough that I'm going to pick it up the next chance I have. I hate mascaras that leave your lashes feeling stiff; so this sounds like it's worth a try. Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Awesome!! I will have to try this. Does it wash out easily?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Yes, it does. I just use DHC cleansing oil to take it off. It dissolves it well, doesn't leave any black goo behind.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Yes, it does. I just use DHC cleansing oil to take it off. It dissolves it well, doesn't leave any black goo behind.

Is it water-proof? What other colors does it come in?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
violetanne wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Is it water-proof? What other colors does it come in?

it's not waterproof which is a plus for me because I find them too damaging. It comes in the normal colors for masacara-- brown, black brown, black, intense black.... I'm not sure if there's more.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for a great review, violetanne!! I'm trying to gather info about this new breed of mascaras--- When you get the chance, can you take a look at the pictures I posted in this thread?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19921

The PF mascara also has a new generation silicone bristle brush, so I'm wondering if you would look at that picture in particular and tell me if you think the results are more or less the same as the Rimmel version, or if you can see any difference. TIA!

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I tried LashExact by Cover Girl and hated it-- the formula was stiff and it caused some shedding

I tried the Volumizing Lash Exact, and hated it too. I called Proctor & Gamble, and complained.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Thanks for a great review, violetanne!! I'm trying to gather info about this new breed of mascaras--- When you get the chance, can you take a look at the pictures I posted in this thread?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19921

The PF mascara also has a new generation silicone bristle brush, so I'm wondering if you would look at that picture in particular and tell me if you think the results are more or less the same as the Rimmel version, or if you can see any difference. TIA!

Humm, hard to say. I would say I had similar results to what you have there. You know, I don't have it on right now. Hang on... Ok, Liz, I haven't had makeup on all day and I just put this stuff on FOR YOU, and you alone!!!! Laughing

I don't get as much separation as you have there until I pull my lashes through the lash comb, but the results are very similar. The length and volume are comparable. HTH!!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
Ok, Liz, I haven't had makeup on all day and I just put this stuff on FOR YOU, and you alone!!!! Laughing

I'm honored, violetanne! Surprised

Thanks for the valuable info!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |