Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

mascara recomendations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
organiclover
5% products discount

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
so... i have recently been on the hunt for a new mascara; i have come to this conculsion...I NEED HELP!!!
i have long lashes to begin with but they are very fine and im looking for something that will give a more full look but still look as light as possible.
soo ladies; my question to you....
any suggestions?????

Confused
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
There's a few mascara thread on here. Some like Dior, I have yet to try it. Many were raving about YSL faux cils and I bought a tube but it seems a bit too thick for me and the tube dried up so fast so that was $25 down the drain. For me persobally I like Rimmel a lot! Their volume mascara in the red tube is one of my favs and also their lenthening in the black tube. Also lancome is popular, hypnose and another one, I forget the name of it. For volume I use lancome's primer. But you can probably use Ardell's brow and lash accelerator for hold and to use as somewhat of a primer

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
i love dr. h, but my lashes are pretty thick to begin with . . .
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Rimmel is great for mascara. I just reviewed the Eye Magnifier, but for what you want, I'd suggest the Extra Super Lash. It's a very smooth formula that dries soft and doesn't flake. I like the black brown for everyday.

I hate paying $$$$ for mascara when you only use it for a short while (you should bin it after 3 mths).

The Extra Super Lash is like $3 a tube and works just as good, if not better, than something three times that price.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of the lancome mascaras. I go back and forth between Hyponise(Sp?) and Fatale.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have not found my HG mascara but I think the problem is with my lashes being short, and so it's harder to curl and put mascara on them.
horris
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I will vote for YSL if you're looking for thick lashes. It's great. If you find it dry out, just add a bit of the face oil, or even toners to the tube. it worked for me. good luck
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Organiclover! I tried out a handful of mascaras recently and posted my results (and pictures! Shock ) here in this thread, so you might want to take a look:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19921

HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for YSL!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I use L'Oreal Voluminous everyday and add a layer of L'Oreal Lashout when I want them to go crazy Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
My absolute favourite is Dr Hauschka's mascara. I've been using it for years. It's an excellent light and natural mascara that is perfect for sensitive eyes. I have very fine but long lashes as well and find the mascara works great on me. I usually only apply one coat but if I'm going for a little more of a dramatic look for the evening I have no problem applying a couple more layers without having it clump and look gooey. It's excellent! I'm sure you'll appreciate the organic ingredients as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
i love Blinc Kiss me... you can check it out at EDS shop...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps you can try Chanel's mascaras? It glides on well and doesn't clump up easily. Also it's easy to remove! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love Bourjois Aqua Volume - it gives a natural look but looks fuller than my normal lashes.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome Definicils. LOVE this! Infact, it's time to buy a new one. I think next time I'll try it in blue instead of black. Anyway, it has a nice (not too bushy) brush and definitely gives a nice definition and some length without being over the top.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Blink Kiss Me in purple!
organiclover
5% products discount

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
thank you everyone for all of your suggestions; all i have to say is "now were do i get a bigger make up case?"
wow; the boyfriends not going to be happy with this one. .... so i bought the YSL,Rimmel and Lancome and am now out to find my favorite.
thanks for all the suggestions girls
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Try L'Oreal Volume Shocking Mascara. It's cheap and it really adds volume. Only downside is that it's SOOOOO hard to remove so it's probably not good to use everyday as you'll end up rubbing and tugging at your eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I loved Lancomes Defincils, especially right after buying a fresh tube, but after a few weeks it seems to get clumpy and doesn't go on very well. Recently I tried L'Oreals Voluminous mascara with the curved brush. This is absolutely my new favorite mascara! It's the best my lashes has looked in years!!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Lancome L'extreme and like it but i hear great stuff about Deja Vu mascara from Japan. It's new in sephora, anybody try it?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I'm using Lancome L'extreme and like it but i hear great stuff about Deja Vu mascara from Japan. It's new in sephora, anybody try it?

OMG!! I was about to post a comment about Dejavu Mascara. It's selling really well in Thailand and it's about $12 which is quite cheap. I bought one when it was first available here. I really like it a lot though it doesn't do all the things I hoped for. It's amazing for lengthening, but nothing for volumizing at all (which is fair enough as it doesn't advertize anything about it). It says it's easy to remove with warm water, but I find that untrue in my case. I normally have to use eye makeup remover then warm water afterward to get it all off. It doesn't smudge even in hot and humid Thailand. However, I find that just a few hours after application, I have to curl my eyelashes again as the curls drop. All in all, I'd highly recommend it for those of you who are looking for a great lengthening mascara. I myself already have rather long eyelashes and I'm looking for something more volumizing. Hope that helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:

My sister tried it and hates it.
You can get it on sasa for $12.60 & free shipping!

http://web2.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=101156001003
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love maybelline soft and full waterproof under my shiseido mascara base. It creats a soft, glossy look. It's not a dramatic mascara but I find it becomes more dramatic when I use the mascara base.
lorettapy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:04 am      Reply with quote
How about HR mascara? they are very good too.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
lorettapy wrote:
How about HR mascara? they are very good too.

What's HR mascara?
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |