Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Jurlique Face Wash Cream + Jurlique Lemon AHC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Ever since I discovered how good the Dr Hauschka cleansing cream is for my skin (still it to bits!) I've been tempted to try the Jurlique Face Wash Cream because it gets great reviews and is said to be very similar to the Dr H one. We all know each other here so I know that the fact that I would want to try ANOTHER product after finding one that has worked really well does not confuse you in the slightest, so I shall just move on to the review Laughing

The Jurlique Wash Cream is recommended to be used in combination with the Aromatic Hydrating Concentrate (AHC), so of course I got that too Rolling Eyes There are a few different ones you can get - I got the lemon one which is for normal to combo or lightly oily skin.

What Jurlique says you should do is add a few drops of the AHC to some warm water, dip in a wash cloth and use it as a compress on your face before you use the wash cream. In all honesty, I don't think the AHC is such an essential step and, at this stage, I don't know if I would repurchase it (not for that purpose anyway). Sometimes I love the feeling and smell of it on my face in the morning and other times I just think it's damn tedious! So, while it is nice and quite refreshing in the morning, I think that what Jurlique is really after is making sure that you use a warm compress on your skin to open up your pores before you begin to cleanse. I do have to say that the AHC makes quite a nice bath oil though but I think I'd want to try the DR Hauschka bath oils first before I decide if I would repurchase this.

The wash cream itself is VERY similar to the Dr Hauschka one. The technique is exactly the same - apply to damp face and press in (instead off using circular cleasning motions). As with the Dr H cleansing cream, this is based on almond meal to provide very gentle daily exfoliation. The difference however is that the DR H one uses extracts and the Jurlique uses extracts AND bits of the natural ingredients. So you can SEE bits of the quince, chamomile, rose etc etc that are in it as opposed to the Dr H which is fairly uniform and just looks like almond meal paste. Since some of the particles are quite big (they're not rough though) you do end up with them in your hair sometimes and do in general look like a herbivorous rodent threw up on your face. Having said that, I do like it and I think this is very comparable to the Dr Hauschka one in terms of effectiveness. They both do a very good job of cleaning out pores and the Jurlique has maintained the "blackhead free zone" that is now my nose Smile Both the Dr H and the Jurlique are NOT actual cleansers in that they do not remove makeup. You have to use these after you have used a cleanser that removes makeup. Both products also leave skin a bit moisturised so if you have normal to combo skin like mine you can probably get away with using no moisturiser at night (again - not that I would want to!). Here's a link to a previour review of the Dr H cleanser if you want to compare: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2075

INGREDIENTS: Chamomile, Calendula, Quince, Green Tea, Turmeric, Grape Seed, Vitamin C, Rose, Vitamin E, Carrot Oil Extract, Oat Bran, Almonds, Chamomile Oil, Geranium Oil, Violet, Daisy, Horsetail, Marshmallow

Mabsy

ps. This smells lovely too!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Since some of the particles are quite big (they're not rough though) you do end up with them in your hair sometimes and do in general look like a herbivorous rodent threw up on your face.

Mabsy, this comment caught me off guard and I actually LOL! This sounds awesome. Were those the complete ingredients listed on the box that you typed? I could have sworn it wasn't vegan, but if those are the complete ingredients, I want to try this! So which one do you like better? Which one will be the one that becomes part of your skin care routine? And the winner is....
Mabsy

Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime - sorry that comment sounds a bit off-putting now that I read it but that's the first thing that came to my mind when I used it for the first time Embarassed

The ingredients that I listed were just off the Jurlique website. Unfortunately I have chucked the box for the cleanser but I do believe that the following is a complete list of ingredients:

Prunus dulcis (Almond); Avena sativa (Oat); Aqua (Water); Herbal Extract Mixture from: Calendula officinalis, Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria), Bellis perennis (Daisy), Rosa gallica (Rose), Viola odorata, Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow), Equisetum arvense (Horsetail), Camellia sinensis (Green Tea), Vitis vinifera (Grape Seed), Curcuma longa (Turmeric); Glycerin; Alcohol ; Sesamum indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil; Glyceryl Cocoate; Honey; Macadamia ternifolia Seed Oil; Daucus carota sativa (Carrot) Root Extract; Xanthan Gum; Triticum vulgare ( Wheat) Bran Extract; Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C); Hydroxymethylglycinate; Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) Leaf Oil; Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil; Lactic Acid; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

In terms of which I would stick with - that's a really tough question! When I finish off this tube of Jurlique I'm back to Dr Hauschka because I have one untouched tube that I stocked up on last time. Every so often when I get a bit of rose or chamomile stuck in my hair I tell myself that Dr H is the way to go. Other days I quite like seeing the natural ingredients in it. There's also the more "psychological" connection to Dr H because it was the first one I used and I saw a pretty obvious change in my skin. The Jurlique is now maintaining what the Dr H did but I don't know if it would have done the same in the first place. My guess is that it would have because these two cleansers are seriously similar! So I'm still undecided and, more than likely, my choice will be influenced by the "gift with purchase" that each has at the time when I need to get it Embarassed Sad but honest Laughing

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy. Nice reply. Thanks sooo much for typing all the ingredients! I'm so cruel to make a sick girl work so hard. Bad Grin
Unfortunately I can't try this one because of the honey and lactic acid ingredients. Oh well, I love the Dr. Hauschka one so I'll stick to that. And no need to apologize I thought the "herbivorous rodent " comment was absolutly hilarious! Laughing
Mabsy

Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed Actually, I just googled for a while and stumbled upon the ingredients so I cut & pasted Embarassed Embarassed

For what it's worth, I'd type them out for you if I still had the box!! Angel
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |