Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
I like those eye creams before and now
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lindia99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am new here. Although I know EDS for long, I always lurk. I learned a lot here and I want to share some of my experience in eye creams with you. Very Happy Very Happy

There are some wrinkles under my eyes and there are dark circles. My eyes are easily to get tired. Because I concern the wrinkles more and there is no one cream which can solve all problems, a good eye cream to me is to be hydrating enough and alleviate the wrinkles. More sleeping time may be more helpful for dark circles.

Sisley Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream 15ML

This is my first big-brand eye cream. I got it when I was a graduate student. I was so eager to get rid of my wrinkles, so I bought it with all my monthly income. It was good though. The only negative point is the price. It is definitely not affordable for me as a regular eye cream then. I have to look for another cheaper and powerful one.

Sisley Botanical Eye & Lip Contour Balm 30ml

This is a gel texture eye cream. I use this one for day time and Sisleya for night. This combination is not bad. Especially the size of this one is 30 ml, double size. The reason I give it up is due to the high price of sisleya. Nowadays, I am always thinking about buy this eye cream again as an eye mask.

HELENA RUBINSTEIN (HR) prodigy eyes 15 ML

The eye cream is a good moisturizer for me. The delicate skin under eye counter is not dry when I use it. And the wrinkles didn’t become worse. I like it very much. Although the price is high, it can last for 8 months. I kept using this cream until the 4th full size. As I become older, it is not powerful for me because it is a little bit dry for me.

Cellcosmet eye counter cream 30 ML

I am using the 2nd full size. Actually the reason for me to discontinue HR prodigy is Cellcosmet. Many people praise Cellcosmet on one forum I always visit. So I tried this one from EDS. I was surprised at this eye cream. It matches much of what I need except alleviating dark circles. Actually no one product can solve all problems. Of course, the larger size compared with its original price 149 USD is another advantage compared with other expensive products. One full size can last nearly one year. But now the price became 200 USD. Maybe I will look for its substitute.

La Prairie Cellular eye counter cream 15 ML

This product is my favorite too. Probably I used more than I need, it last less than 3 months, which indicates it is expensive as 110 USD. If not for price reason, I will continue.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique - All about eye rich

It is very moisture, so reduce fine line and hydreate eye lid.
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lindia, I am with you. I have been using all the eye creams you list here, and they work for me too Razz There are another two I think are good. You can give them a try since we seem to share the same eye creams.

One is decleor harmonie eye gel, the other one is chanel age delay eye. They are both gels. They hydrate well for gels, and may help your dark circles. I can't think of any good eye cream that is cheap though.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Kiehls eyecream with avocado: relatively cheap, very emollient but not greasy, excellent base before applying concealer, moisturising.

It's a very basic but well rounded eyecream, I dont really believe in eyecream that says it can reduce dark circles and all so kiehls really does the job.

I used to use Shiseido UV whitening eye serum but although it's nice and the size is generous and scent/consistency are to die for, i just didn't feel much differnce
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:48 am      Reply with quote
lindia99 wrote:

This is my first big-brand eye cream. I got it when I was a graduate student. I was so eager to get rid of my wrinkles, so I bought it with all my monthly income. It was good though. The only negative point is the price. It is definitely not affordable for me as a regular eye cream then. I have to look for another cheaper and powerful one.

I love this product. It's very moisturizing and my fine lines are less noticable since I started using this eye cream. I only use it at night as I'm using Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue to treat dark circles. However, PTR Power K isn't moisturizing, so I use Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream on top as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:
Lindia, I am with you. I have been using all the eye creams you list here, and they work for me too Razz There are another two I think are good. You can give them a try since we seem to share the same eye creams.

One is decleor harmonie eye gel, the other one is chanel age delay eye. They are both gels. They hydrate well for gels, and may help your dark circles. I can't think of any good eye cream that is cheap though.

Thank you for the suggestion. We like to try new ones, right Very Happy
I like Decleor too. I need to get the decleor harmonie eye gel sample someday. I used one sample of chanel age delay after many people highly recommend. It's not bad but compared with those cream-texture, it's not that powerful.

I heard that Skin Medica illuminating eye cream and TNS recovery complex are pretty good too. May want to try later. Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
sparkle wrote:
Kiehls eyecream with avocado: relatively cheap, very emollient but not greasy, excellent base before applying concealer, moisturising.

It's a very basic but well rounded eyecream, I dont really believe in eyecream that says it can reduce dark circles and all so kiehls really does the job.

I used to use Shiseido UV whitening eye serum but although it's nice and the size is generous and scent/consistency are to die for, i just didn't feel much differnce

Yes, I agree that kiehl's avacado is a basic one. Somebody says that it works better with EL ANR eye serum. But I didn't try yet Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
lindia99 wrote:

I love this product. It's very moisturizing and my fine lines are less noticable since I started using this eye cream. I only use it at night as I'm using Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue to treat dark circles. However, PTR Power K isn't moisturizing, so I use Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream on top as well.

How does Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue treat dark circles? I have serious dard circles too and didn't find any one to rescue my dark-circled eyes. Crying or Very sad

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:09 am      Reply with quote
lindia99 wrote:
How does Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue treat dark circles? I have serious dard circles too and didn't find any one to rescue my dark-circled eyes. Crying or Very sad

I think the main ingredients in it that is meant to target dark circles is the vitamin C. Not sure if the Co-Q10 has any effect. I have used this cream in the past and it was the only thing that gave me very good results against dark circles. Like Lynn, I've found that it's definitely not moisturising enough so I used another cream over it (and, btw, the Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream is also one of my faves so it seems and Lynn and I have something in common Smile).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
lindia99 wrote:

I think the main ingredients in it that is meant to target dark circles is the vitamin C. Not sure if the Co-Q10 has any effect. I have used this cream in the past and it was the only thing that gave me very good results against dark circles. Like Lynn, I've found that it's definitely not moisturising enough so I used another cream over it (and, btw, the Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream is also one of my faves so it seems and Lynn and I have something in common Smile).

Mabsy,

I bought Babor eye cream after reading your comment about it somewhere on this thread. At the time, I was looking for an moisturing eye cream which wasn't too expensive. I'm glad I came across your post and went ahead to purchase it. It's a keeper for me. I sometimes have to wash my face during the day and don't wanna use my Sisley Sisleya eye cream (it's too expensive to be used up so quickly!), so I use Babor one instead. Smile As for PTR Power K, I'm not sure what's the mechanism behind it, but it seems to work on my dark circles quite well.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Mabsy,

I bought Babor eye cream after reading your comment about it somewhere on this thread. At the time, I was looking for an moisturing eye cream which wasn't too expensive. I'm glad I came across your post and went ahead to purchase it. It's a keeper for me. I sometimes have to wash my face during the day and don't wanna use my Sisley Sisleya eye cream (it's too expensive to be used up so quickly!), so I use Babor one instead. Smile As for PTR Power K, I'm not sure what's the mechanism behind it, but it seems to work on my dark circles quite well.

Fabulous! I'm very happy to hear that both are working for you and I'm glad my review helped Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Mabsy,

Fabulous! I'm very happy to hear that both are working for you and I'm glad my review helped Very Happy

Next one I wanna try according to your review is Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream and Dual-Exfoliator Smile I'm gonna have to wait til I finish the 3 bottles of eye creams and 3 bottles of exfolatiors I've got first though!

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:34 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
I'm gonna have to wait til I finish the 3 bottles of eye creams and 3 bottles of exfolatiors I've got first though!

Your bathroom is starting to sound like mine Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:40 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
I'm gonna have to wait til I finish the 3 bottles of eye creams and 3 bottles of exfolatiors I've got first though!

Your bathroom is starting to sound like mine Laughing

I keep telling myself not to buy anymore until I finish the products I already have, but it never works.

Is Cellcosmet eye cream your most favorite eye cream?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:

Absolutely! But it is closely followed by the Babor and the Thalgo Revitalising one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:

Absolutely! But it is closely followed by the Babor and the Thalgo Revitalising one.

It's definitely a must-try for me then. What's the Thalgo one like? I've never tried any Thalgo products before, so I don't know if their products are any good.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:53 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
What's the Thalgo one like? I've never tried any Thalgo products before, so I don't know if their products are any good.

Here you go: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8981 Wink HTH

Also, try a sample of the Cellcosmet first. I'd hate to think you bought it and didn't like it - it is after all pretty expensive!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
What's the Thalgo one like? I've never tried any Thalgo products before, so I don't know if their products are any good.

Here you go: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8981 Wink HTH

Also, try a sample of the Cellcosmet first. I'd hate to think you bought it and didn't like it - it is after all pretty expensive!

Thanks! I'll check out the thread.

I've asked EDS for the Cellcosmet samples before but never got any, so I just gave up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I think EDS is kinda stingy with cellcosmet samples. I guess the cost has increased significantly
havana8

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
I think EDS is kinda stingy with cellcosmet samples. I guess the cost has increased significantly

I can't see it being a matter of stinginess as EDS is always so generous. I would think it is more likely a matter of simply not having samples at the time... Smile
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:

fishzebby,
How much was your order with EDS? If its something like 50 dollars, EDS won't send you the cellcosmet sample. If your order is around 200 then they usually would if they have it.
Just my 2 cents.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:

fishzebby,
How much was your order with EDS? If its something like 50 dollars, EDS won't send you the cellcosmet sample. If your order is around 200 then they usually would if they have it.
Just my 2 cents.

u may just order the cellcosmet sample set, it's about 34cad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:

I don't think it's the case of EDS being stingy at all. From my experience, EDS has always been very generous with their free samples. Although I have never recieved any Cellcosmet samples myself, I do think it might be the case of so many people asking for Cellcosmet samples that they just don't have enough to give out to everyone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I have tried so many different eye creams it's not funny Speak to the hand & I'm only 23! Anxious I found the majority of the onces I used were just too rich/heavy & fragranced for my skin. I thought both the La Prairie Cellular eye contour & Sisley Sisleya eye creams were quite good but no really worth it. But now once again I am trying to search for the ultimate eye cream. Confused
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
I have tried so many different eye creams it's not funny Speak to the hand & I'm only 23! Anxious I found the majority of the onces I used were just too rich/heavy & fragranced for my skin. I thought both the La Prairie Cellular eye contour & Sisley Sisleya eye creams were quite good but no really worth it. But now once again I am trying to search for the ultimate eye cream. Confused

Have you tried Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream? So many people raving about it on this forum that I'm thinking of purchasing it next. I'm holding off at the moment as I have at least 4 eye creams to finish. How about L Elixir Des Glacier Eye Regenerating Cream? Now that sounds like the ultimate eye cream for me and I'm dying to try it out.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |