Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Major innovation on my hair rinse!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I used an apple cider vinegar/water hair rinse in my hair all through my school years and loved the results. When I got out of school, I used Philip B's spray, of which ACV is a major component. I've also used Fekkai's product with ACV as well. While I've always loved what it ACV did for my hair, the smell of it drove me crazy. I don't know whether I have particularly porous hair, or whether I'm the only one who smells it (which may the case, cause my bf spends considerable time with his face buried in my hair and he doesn't smell it - or says he doesn't). But, even if it is just me, the fact is I spend all day with my hair, so it isn't insignificant!

I don't smell it all the time. The smell dissipates after a bit. But, when I work up a sweat, the smell asserts itself.

Well, after doing some research and experimenting, I've come up with a solution. I originally got the idea when Candy started to use cranberry oil in her Triple C serum. I was chatting with a friend of mine, who runs a local spa, about the merits of cranberry oil. She makes some fabulous skin, body, and hair care stuff that I am usually delighted to test for her (she's launching a website sometime during the week coming up and I promise to review a bunch of her products when she makes them available, but that's another story Wink ). She gave me a very nice serum to try with the most lovely fragrance. Turned out that IT was made with raspberry oil. Like cranberries, raspberries are just FULL of antioxidants and other good stuff.

Soooooooooo, to FINALLY get to the point (pant, pant), I remembered that during the raspberry vinegar craze of a few years ago, I loved the smell of the stuff. I thought, why not try a RASPBERRY vinegar rinse instead of one that uses ACV.

I did some reading, checked the pH of both vinegars, found them to be equivalent, and went ahead and made a bottle of the stuff; same proportion of water to vinegar, etc.

Well, I'm delighted to report that the results are IDENTICAL, if not better! And, the smell that I found somewhat objectionable has been replaced by a fragrance that I actually like. I use the rinse happily now. I also made a bottle of the stuff with a couple of drops of raspberry e.o. The smell is even nicer and makes it very usuable as a hair mist (even better with some additional goodies..). I also thought about using a raspberry hydrosol instead of plain distilled water and while I'm certain it would be lovely, the raspberry vinegar is already more costly than the ACV, and adding the cost of a hydrosol might be justifiable for something that I mist on my hair, but not something that I POUR on!!!

Anyway, I have no idea if anybody else finds the smell of their ACV rinse objectionable, but if you do, this is just a lovely, lovely alternative.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |