Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

UP5 users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

I know there is only a couple of UP5 users at the moment, but I just wanted to ask if anybody was experiencing dryness from it. I have used it about 4 times now, mostly on the lifting and eye zone mode, but i'm finding my skin has gone quite dry and my face looks puffy and a bit jowly at the moment. I've been using it on the lowest setting for only the 3 mins advised, but I'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong. Any advice anyone ?

many thanks
Jackie x
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Have only had my UP5 for a week or so but haven't noticed that my skin is any dryer than usual. What are you using with the UP5? I'm using it on cleansing mode with 50/50 olive/castor oil and in facial and lifting mode with emu oil. I can't say that it's doing anything for my skin yet - but I'm living in hope!
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu,

I too have only been using it with oils etc, but these last couple of times my skin looks awful. The bottom half of my face if very puffy, whilst the area around my eyes and on my cheeks looks really flat and mottled. The baby Q dries my skin a bit, but this seems to worse,

Jackie x
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie,
I really can't see why it would be drying to your skin but maybe you should email them at Winhealth and see what they say. I think that when we use these new gadgets that we tend to scrutinise our skin so closely, trying to see improvements - I know I do - and when I don't see improvements I think my skin looks worse than before I started! Its all very frustrating, but I'd say to keep on using it and see how you go after a month or so. If you get any enlightenment from Winhealth, let me know.
Keliu x
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I've had mine for over a year and never had a problem with dryness or puffiness. I only use it once a week at most though and had it on the lowest setting for a long time. The improvements should be a very gradual process that could take a month or more to really appreciate.

If you are using it more often, maybe you can cut down on the usage and see if that helps. I've heard that overusage can lead to sagging.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls,

thanks so much for your replies. I'll try to just use it once a week and see what happens, maybe the dry skin etc is due to something else and will hopefully subside,

thanks again girls,

Jackie x
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie.

I used my UP5 once with my usual oil cleanser and I didnt look too hot a few days later.

I didnt use it with oil again - I dug out a sample of a non - oil cleanser, and that worked fine, so now I need to buy a cleanser to use specifically with the UP5, because I dont want to try it with my usual oil cleanser again, just in case.

I kind of assumed my skin doesnt like the oil being pushed into it to that degree.

Maybe see how you get on with it with non - oil products?

Get back to us - I'd be interested to know how you get on.

I think UP5 works well for me with quite hydrating and rich products, and I use a LOT more than I would normally, as it sinks right in.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi catski,

i wonder if the oil is the problem then ? I haven't actually used it for cleansing yet, I've only used the lifting mode, but each time with oil. Have you stopped using oil for the lifting mode aswell then ?

Jackie x
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I wouldnt use oil for lifting mode, as I dont think of oil as being lifting!

I use hydrating and nourishing creams, with antioxidants and HA and beta glucan for lifting.

And for eye lifting I actually use a firming eye cream - loads of it!
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi catski,

i wonder if the oil is the problem then ? I haven't actually used it for cleansing yet, I've only used the lifting mode, but each time with oil. Have you stopped using oil for the lifting mode aswell then ?

Jackie x

What kind of oil are you using? I use a mix of hazelnut oil/red raspberry oil/EOs with the lifting mode and I have no problems. I also use serums like my 302 drops, A Boost, C Boost with no problem of dryness. I would definitely cut down the usage and see if that helps first.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Catski,

may I ask you what kind of firming eye cream are you using?

TIA,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
What kind of oil are you using? I use a mix of hazelnut oil/red raspberry oil/EOs with the lifting mode and I have no problems. I also use serums like my 302 drops, A Boost, C Boost with no problem of dryness. I would definitely cut down the usage and see if that helps first.[/quote]

Hi boski,

I was just using emu oil, I suppose hoping to mositurise aswell as lift. I haven't yet tried the vitamin C mode, as after using C serum for about a week, it turned my skin dry so I'm guessing I porbably shouldn't try that ??

thanks
Jackie x
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:44 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Catski,

may I ask you what kind of firming eye cream are you using?

TIA,
Lucy.

I have some Miessence firming eye cream, which has been working really well with the UP5. Soon that will run out though and I'll have to try something else..I have some decleor firming eye serum waiting in the wings.
The Miessence is a rich cream, which works well, as the UP5 really uses up product quite fast in terms of pushing it into the skin.
I am really surprised at how using it once a week on eye mode has given me a lasting lift.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Catski,

can I just ask if you use all of the modes only once a week ? I was just thinking, if I find the lifting mode drying, then maybe the other modes may help to moisturise ?

many thanks
Jackie x
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:30 am      Reply with quote
hi Jackie. What were you using exactly, with the lifting mode?

I'm not sure that it is inherently 'drying'.. maybe Boski can chime in if she finds it so. I think it's all down to what products you choose and finding the right ones for you.

Have you got some hydration in your skincare, that you can add in? I've been using Dior's hydraction, with some vit c added, for vit c mode, and it's been very brightening and nice.

I use the UP5 every week, yes. I vary in what concoctions I use with it, according to how my skin is doing.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:12 am      Reply with quote
According to the Win Health web site (where the info is a little more comprehensive than the instruction book) they recommend using the device once a day for dry skin in every mode. They say if you have oily skin to just use once a week.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
hi Jackie. What were you using exactly, with the lifting mode?

I'm not sure that it is inherently 'drying'.. maybe Boski can chime in if she finds it so. I think it's all down to what products you choose and finding the right ones for you.

Have you got some hydration in your skincare, that you can add in? I've been using Dior's hydraction, with some vit c added, for vit c mode, and it's been very brightening and nice.

I use the UP5 every week, yes. I vary in what concoctions I use with it, according to how my skin is doing.

Hi Catski,
I have just been using oils really when using the lifting mode and eye zone mode. My skincare is mostly moisturising, but it has suddenly turned dry and flat looking. I think I will try to use products that are more specific to the mode i'm using and hopefully things will improve,

many thanks
Jackie x
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie, try some hydration in there, and let us know what happens.

Maybe your skin is thirsty for water, from having drunk all that oil. Wink
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am seriously lemming one of these - I am a qualified Beauy Therapist and we used the galvanic system/iontophoresis in the salon and it was fabby!
Found some more detail if anyone interested!
Very Happy
http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11751356/Up_5_Skin_Care_Device.html

Keep whining to OH that I *need* one of these!!! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
execuse me, what is UP5? I don't understand. Question
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
gwynethhung wrote:
execuse me, what is UP5? I don't understand. Question

Check out this thread Very Happy :

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=279977#279977
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
FYI, UP5 is not available to US.

UP5 was first mentioned on this thread I think: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21187&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
hi just wondering whether there are any up5 users who also have a clarisonic? i'm seriously lemming for both, but i know up5 has a cleansing function so if that function does as good a job as clarisonic, i need only buy up5 and therefore will still have enough money left over to eat! Laughing

eternally grateful for any answers!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |