Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How high maintenance are you???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Okay ladies, what beauty rituals do you engage in on regular basis?

Myself...
PEDICURES: Once a month
MANICURES: Twice a month
HIGHLIGHTS: Once every two months
BIKINI WAXES: Once a month Confused
HAIR CONDITIONING TREATMENT: Every three months
FACIALS: Used to go once a month but discovered Vitamin C and found it to be better then facials.
MASSAGES: Once a month
BOTOX: Now it is every 5 to 6 months

I moisturize everyday from head to toe.
histeric
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare, it's impressive to see your report! I am intereted to know what vitamin C product that you are using? thanks!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Thank you. I found that Vivier Vit. C 20% (is what I have worked up to) really improved the tone of my skin. My skin looked clear, even thought at that time, I had really bad infected cystic acne. It was the medication that help my cystic acne. Exfoliating on regular basis is the key also. I stopped doing that because I got tired of mixing Baking Soda with Cetaphil. I just ordered Kate in a Jar and I can't wait to get it. I've read that it takes less then 30 seconds to scrub your skin.

I love my vitamin C.

Do you think I am too high maintenance?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

Do you think I am too high maintenance?

Yes! Laughing

But, thats okay!

My hubby says Im the most high maintenance chick he has ever met or been with but its ok with him b/c Im not prissy, meaning Im willing to go camping, hunting, shooting guns, etc.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Same here! I do the dishes, I go camping, hiking, ride horses (show jumping), play soccer with my little cousins, gardening (a recent new love, discovered it four years ago), etc...

Anyone else? Please share. Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare, you totally aren't too high maintenance!! (And besides, DH says that high maintenance just means high quality!^-^) Here's me:

Pedicures: every month or month and a half
Manicures: do em myself because I'm too fussy and I feel like everyone else does a bad job
Eyebrow and Upper lip waxing: once a month
Brazillian, Armpit, and Leg Waxing: once every couple of months
Hair color: every couple of months
I should definitely add massage to this list...

When I lived in Japan I also used to go to the hot springs every month for reflexology and skin sloughing!

When I look at my list it really looks like I'm not all THAT high maintenance, HOWEVER, unlike our dear skincare and vonstella I do not under any circumstances do things like camping or hiking! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Okay ladies, what beauty rituals do you engage in on regular basis?

Myself...
PEDICURES: Once a month
MANICURES: Twice a month
HIGHLIGHTS: Once every two months
BIKINI WAXES: Once a month Confused
HAIR CONDITIONING TREATMENT: Every three months
FACIALS: Used to go once a month but discovered Vitamin C and found it to be better then facials.
MASSAGES: Once a month
BOTOX: Now it is every 5 to 6 months

I moisturize everyday from head to toe.

The only thing I do on your list is get my hair highlighted about 2 times a year! I don't even moisturize from head to toe!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
manslaverliz, I'm afraid to start waxing my upper lip. My hair there is light and I can't do the laser hair removal because of that. Looking back when my grandmother was around. I noticed that her hair got thicker or it grew looking spiky Laughing

I don't want that. Any other ideas on how I should remove them or should I leave my pale barely there hair alone?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I don't do mani/pedis and all that, but I haven't gone a day without mascara in years. Even if I'm home alone. I don't know why, I just love it so. I think that qualifies me as high maintenance. I still love camping and being dirty and all that, I just wear waterproof then. ha.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
manslaverliz, I'm afraid to start waxing my upper lip. My hair there is light and I can't do the laser hair removal because of that. Looking back when my grandmother was around. I noticed that her hair got thicker or it grew looking spiky Laughing

I don't want that. Any other ideas on how I should remove them or should I leave my pale barely there hair alone?

Have you considered the Epicare? Here's a thread on it:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22256

It looks better than waxing to me--- I'm seriously considering taking the plunge!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
My bathroom cabnet can attest to my being a wee bit costly!
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well..besides my daily skin care...

one laser maintainance treatment every 3 months.
Brazillian wax, underarm wax, eyebrows and upper lip once a month.
One major procedure to face... surgery or in office procedure once a year - usually around my birthday Rolling Eyes
Pedicure once every 6 weeks.

My 14yold
Daily skin care
Waxing eyebrows, upper lip once a month
Teen facial every 3-4 months

I Got her on the right 'uptown girl' track Laughing
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think whatever you do is proper as long as you feel good about yourself.
I only do skincare myself.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare, if you have fair and and fair skin I would definitely just pass up hair removal all together!

Even though I have dark hair, I had a very mild peach fuzz when I was in my early teens but for some crazy reason my mum started using me as an experiment and waxed various parts of my body off! If I could go back in time I would have NEVER removed any body hair because I am convinced stimulating the hair follicles causes the root shaft to grow bigger and it causes more visible "pores" as well.

Sorry to be OT but as Liz mentioned the Epicare, I have been without it for a while since my friend decided to borrow mine, but I have seen definite refining of the peace fuzz and now that I don't have the temptation to use it every few days I really think the hair is much less noticeable since I started the whole threading method.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I thought I was fairly high maintenance, but I guess not. I spend a LOT on skincare, but aside from that plus monthly facial hair removal & facials, that's it for me.

However, I have to say I'm probably a bit prissy? I can't stand the outdoors, I'm not a "nature person" I've never gone camping and I refuse to try.. lol. Heck, I refuse to even cook meat if I have to do anything to it (ie, de-boning). Laughing
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:12 am      Reply with quote
As in...services we pay others to perform on us?

Embarassed

Gel nails: every 2-3 weeks. Usually a pedicure, too.

CoolTouch laser: 1x month.

Fraxel laser: every other month

Laser hair removal: 1x month

Hair extensions: 3x year

Bodywrap: 4x year, or before big events

Plasma ablation bioelectric facial: before big dates or events. Almost never anymore Sad

Acupuncture: 1x month unless I feel perky & forget.

Massage at Lake Steamwww.lakesteam.com whenever I'm so stressed people start to hate me, usually 2x month.

Financial counseling/psychotherapy: Must start soon...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Skincare ~ pardon me for saying, imho i do think that you are on the scale of high maintanence.

i consider myself quite alright, not too high maintenances. but if financially allows, i too will want to pamper and spend more on myself.

these are what i spent on:
pedicures: once a month
manicures: twice a year
haircut: bi-montly
perm/highlight: once a year
facials: once a month or bi-montly
massage: once every 3 month

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Here are mine:

Monthly: massage and chiropractor appointment
Every six weeks: Haircut
Every eight weeks: Facial

And I know I'll be adding more "serious" derm treatments in the future.

I plan to age gracefully, but will assistance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I honestly don't think I would be so concerned about so skin if I didn't have acne. I am no high maintenance at all. I don't do any of this stuff lol. I am not prissy either. I like camping, hiking, etc. I do like an occasional pedicure but I have never gotten them done regularly and I have never gotten a manicure... well ever.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
As in...services we pay others to perform on us?

Embarassed

Gel nails: every 2-3 weeks. Usually a pedicure, too.

CoolTouch laser: 1x month.

Fraxel laser: every other month

Laser hair removal: 1x month

Hair extensions: 3x year

Bodywrap: 4x year, or before big events

Plasma ablation bioelectric facial: before big dates or events. Almost never anymore Sad

Acupuncture: 1x month unless I feel perky & forget.

Massage at Lake Steamwww.lakesteam.com whenever I'm so stressed people start to hate me, usually 2x month.

Financial counseling/psychotherapy: Must start soon...

heathercolorado, you are my kind of woman!!! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Have you considered the Epicare? Here's a thread on it:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22256

It looks better than waxing to me--- I'm seriously considering taking the plunge!

I've used one for years. Because I don't have to shave every day ... I can consider myself LESS high maintenance!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Skincare, you are my hero! I want to be like you when I grow up!

Seriously, all of your posts have reminded me to start taking better care of myself...I used to get manis/pedis/massages about every six weeks, but they fell by the wayside. Sad

haircut: every 4-5 weeks

that's it! Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'm pretty high maintenance, but I rarely go out and get stuff done. I even cut my hair myself!

The only thing I've done recently is get laser hair removal on my bikini line.

However, I do spend way too much money on tons of skin care products. Also, I spend about 45 min to an hour every evening dry-brushing my skin, taking a shower and giving myself a scalp massage, cleansing with Dr. H's cleansing cream, and toning, moisturising, checking myself out, etc., so I think that qualifies me as pretty high maintenance.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I got an Epicare knock off device on Ebay and it works great for facial hair. I definitely recommend it. I'm fair and my hair is light but I definitely do NOT want a mustache!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't been going to Spa or salon that much. The only maintenance I have been making is shedding the lights (lightstim) on my face every night. It's time to rethink how to better take care of myself.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |