Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Janson Beckett AlphaDerma CE - AMAZING!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
thanks anya..I am trying to build an anti aging skin routine. I am 40 and started to look my age Very Happy how do you use this product? Is it a moisturizer (please bear with me..I am new to this). My current routine consist of cetaphil, viver vit c and tozorac .05. I have been doing the jc apple peel but it isin't doing much for me.
I am thinking of ordering dremu oil. How do I incorporate the adce into my routine..phew..
Smile
thank-you much..Lou

I'll give you as much info as I can Lou, although there are other more qualified ladies here that can jump in with their advice too.

I use the Facial Skin Prep after my toner, allow it to dry, then apply Vit C (currently using PSF, but have used JB too), wait at least 10 minutes before applying the Alpha Derma CE, then SS. You might need to get up 20 minutes earlier in the morning Razz

I follow basically the same routine at night, except for the Vit C. At night I also add the JB night cream - but I'm scraping the bottom of the bottle on this one.

The function of the Skin Prep is to improve absorption of your other products and it also contains HA. The Alpha Derma CE is the powerhouse and contains 10% Argeline, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester and DMAE - all great firming agents. My skin's quite a bit older than yours and before using JB, my skin was dull, loose and thinning with huge pores. With constant use + my other tools, my skin's never looked better, even compared to when I was 40 Very Happy.

Once a week I use a microdermabrasion machine, a microfibre cloth daily, Lightstim LED treatment (<- not as often as I should) and either a manual exfoliation or Pumpkin Peel in between dermabrasion treatments. WHEW!!

I tried the JC Apple Peel, but wasn't impressed either. I think its too mild. I'm not familiar with Cetaphil or Tosorac, but in terms of incorporating JB into your routine, I think you should apply the Skin Prep first, then the other products according to consistency (thinnest first) ending up with your sunscreen. Others can correct me if I'm wrong re. the sequence of application of the cetaphil and tozorac Confused

HTH!
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Yes..great help..thanks..
I will order it today and give it a try...Thanks you so much for you advice. There are so many things I want to try. I have read great things about Dremu oil, CP's. I received cellcosmet
samples and really liked how my skin reacted to the products...I just don't know where to begin..YIKES
funny thing is I have been looking into getting a home microderm machine since I had great results with professional treatments. Do you like yours, how does it compare to one that you would find a doctors office.
Have a great day..
Lou
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Lou you can order the 5-Day sample pack of JB products here on EDS. I find it actually lasts for about 2 weeks. You probably won't notice much difference in 2 weeks, but at least you'll be able to determine if you like it before splurging on the full sizes Very Happy

I did a review of the microdermabrasion machine I have here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27868
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the alphaderma and skin prep and will begin using it day and night. I alternate between tozorac (similar to retin-a) and cp in the p.m. can I alply skin prep and alphaderma over the tozorac or retin-a.
Thanks Lou
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I'd apply the Skin Prep first then your remaining products in order of consistency. I'm wondering if you'd even need to use tozorac and C.P's at all if you're going to use the JB line Confused
Perhaps more enlightened members could chime in, or you could contact JB and ask.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Anyone knows how ADCE works for acne-prone skin? Thx. R.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:00 am      Reply with quote
i have been looking after this product for a long time now - but never got it because of the dmae-issue...

when contacting janson-beckett on their website regarding this (my concerns regarding the studies of dmae plumbing the skin and destroying cells), i got the following reply:

from reception at janson-beckett com
Monday, July 2nd 2007
Dear xxx,
There are many different % of dmae. The % of dmae in ours, works inconjunction with the vitamin c esters and alpha lipoic acid.
Thanks

I still dont understand this reply, and it even increased my concerns...

but when now reading that some have been using it for years and are still happy with it, why not give it a try?
dmae is not within its top 3 ingredients..

Ingredients:
Demineralized Spring Water, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3(ARGIRELINE), Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerine, Olive Oil, Oxybenzone, Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Soluble Collagen, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), DMAE Bitartrate, Aloe Vera Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cetyl Alcohol, Simethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth--20, Tea Carbomer 940, Imidazolidinyl Urea
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
It's a good idea to buy the sample pack to see if your skin can tolerate Alpha Derma CE.

I was using ADCE for two weeks. This is the only product ever that has caused reactions on my skin. After a few days, my face got sore and irritated, almost like eczema. I stopped using it, and the symptoms disappeared. I gave it a new try and the irritation returned.

There are lots of different actives in pretty high concentrations in this product. I keep thinking that all the active ingredients in one, single product was too much for my skin.

I don't have sensitive skin and tolerate 20 % vit C serum very well. I have never had reactions to other products with ALA or DMAE. Currently, I use Alpha Derma skin prep (which contains argireline) without negative side effects.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I really want to try AlphaDermaCE

Please suggest whether it's suitable for acne prone sensitive skin? I am 28, is it suitable to me??

For those who like it, would you share what type your skin you are?

thanks!!!!!!
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Great results hmm.. But 4oz?? How many years will I stay with it? Shock
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:
Great results hmm.. But 4oz?? How many years will I stay with it? Shock

I'm confused by your post.

The large size is 4oz but it also comes in a 1oz size:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/alphaderma-face-care-m_303_585.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the percentage of vitamin c in the ADCE?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Anyone know where I can buy a 1oz bottle of the Skin Prep? I have done google searches but nothing turned up. I know they make a 1oz size because its in the ACDE-Skin Prep-Okusil kit for $79.99 that lots of websites carry.
vvpmelon
5% products discount

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Alpha Derma CE alone gave me a few mila on the face after a week. Now I am going to try the Skin Prep alone.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Apha Derma CE didn't work for me. Must not have liked my skin.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
So would you use a C serum with L-ascorbic acid in addition to this? Is the vit c in this not stable or effective?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
hx32
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
glad it worked well for you, but I heard lots of negative feedback of this product
Maggiehgz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:19 am      Reply with quote
I had ordered this product for my mam (60+), hope they're workable for my man's skin.
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I have furrow beside the mouth,I hate that.See this reviews,I think I can have a try about Apha Derma CE .But I am 28,is this older too earlier to use it?
cangyue_1901
5% products discount

Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
all the raves sound so promising.
I am so tempted
kjj

Sat May 09, 2009 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I was going to try this line to reduce my neck line.
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
AlphaDermaCE is not work on me
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
What skin type is this range recommended for. I am 40, dehydrated, pores in t zone, minimal lines, prominent nasolabial line, some broken capillaries on cheeks.

Has anyone used the cleanser and toner? If so, how have you found them?
vacarno
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
it contains a lot of effective ingredient called peptide, and them do relly works for wrinkles anf fine lines~~
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Will this product cause some irritation or redness for the sensitive skin, since it has some many powerful ingredients?

Does it work on the nasolabial wrinkles?

Thank you in advance for your reply!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |