Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Stretch Marks!! How do you get rid of or improve them??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hannahwebbo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys

Although i dont have really bad stretch marks i do have quite a few light ones on my bottom Embarassed caused by putting a bit of weight on when i started my new office job which means im sat down most of the day.

What are the best lotions, potions and tips that i can use to get rid of or at least improve the look of my stretch marks.

Thanks
Hannah
violent violet
5% products discount

Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Supposedly rosehip seed oil (from health food stores) is da bomb for stretch marks, scarring, sun damage etc. I suffer from them too across my lower back/upper bum area. I just started applying rosehip oil to it once a day, I'll let you know about the results!
sp
5% products discount

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
There is a product by Mustela for stretch marks which I have been using since I gave birth to my second child 2 months ago. Am still waiting to see results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Stretch Marks are difficult to treat. The damage lies in the Dermis layer of the skin and most topical treatments only affect the surface layer of the skin. The good news is there are several effective ways to significantly improve their appearance:

Bearberry - Is a safe & natural form of the potent skin lightener Hydroquinine. It is a anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, skin lightener. This can gently fade the discolouration of the skin. It comes as a fine powder that you mix with your favorite lotion (cocoa powder or your other actives) It is available at Skinactives.com $7.50 for 10gm which is enough for 18oz of lotion/cream.

Retin-A - Has been successful in improving the appearance of stretch marks and can be combined with the Bearberry.

Fraxel Laser - This is of course a more extreme treatment (and costly $2,000 to $4,000 depending on the number of treatments required) The fraxel laser stimulates regeneration of the deeper collagen and elastin tissues while resurfacing about 20% of your skins surface with each treatment. Fraxel laser remodels the collagen within the skin without harming the skins surface layer. This method of treatment does not completely remove stretch marks but can significantly improve them.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I saw a product called Stretch Mark Control by Clarins in More Magazine that is supposed to be effective in helping with stretch marks. I haven't actually tried the product, but I trust the beauty advice from this magazine.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know if you can get Welda oil, my friend used that through her pregnancy and she didnt get much stretch marks. Alternatively she used olive oil to massage over the stomache.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Doing a search:

This is a new method to me but seems similar to Chinese cupping:
http://www.selfmassager.com/

Discussion threads on EDS. Tamgirl said it worked for her: "Yes, it works! The problem is that with any cellulite fix you have to keep at it. I actually thought this worked just as well as endermologie. I've just started it back up myself as swimsuit season has rolled around. It takes a while to get it down and using oil with it is a MUST! You also have to go slow with it or else you can easily bruise yourself, especially inner thighs.":
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16145&highlight=rubber+glass
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=296669#296669

From http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

Quote:
Lastly, regarding cellulite, I, and a few others, are winning the battle with a combination of Santica's Cellulite supplement (take 2x/day) and using a personal infrared sauna (others have ordered; two members, myself included, are using). The infrared sauna is melting my cellulite away - not kidding. It's portable, easy to set up and another member found a vendor on eBay that sells them for $150 (I paid $350 but still love it). A link to the thread (the ebay link is about halfway down)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17718&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

It is absolutely amazing for ridding the body of toxins.

Thread on cellulite:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17718

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I treated my sister's stretch marks with success with dermaroller and tretitoin.
Here is the post (and I think next page too) of what I did:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=338992&highlight=#338992
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
use shea butter and lots of exercise
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, as beneficial as exercise can be, it does squat to improve stretch marks!!! Rolling Eyes
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised no one has recommended StriVectin, which has become so popular for wrinkles. It was originally developed for stretch marks and is apparently very good at helping. The cost in Canada and the US is $135.00. It comes in a large tube and goes a long way.
I have used it for my face, neck and decollete area, and it is quite effective... a lot of people have expected it to be a "miracle", so they are disappointed if they have high expectations. Many people are not judging it for what it was developed to do...treat stretch marks!
I have also heard that Bio Oil is very good. The ingredients look more like a blend of soothing oils and I didn't recognize when I looked briefly at the ingredients, what might be the real key to success. It is relatively cheap at under $12.00
Good luck!!
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I tried Strivectin for my bum stretchmarks, and after using an entire bottle, no improvement whatsoever. Disappointing since it was over 100 dollars.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:11 am      Reply with quote
You can find speciality stretch mark creams at almost any quality skin care company. I would recommend checking out Jean Paul Peubert. He has tons of amazing products for the body. You also can try a really deep peeling done by a cosmetician which actually takes off the top layer of your skin, therefore removing the scars of stretchmarks.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Regardless which products one chooses, I think it's very important to dry brush the area every day (or alternatively use Dermaroller, which was suggested here).

Dry brushing has to some extent improved my stretch marks and scars. It will also help products penetrate better. Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |