Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
NCN pumpkin mask using with retin A
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Can I keep using my retin A when I use the pumpkin mask or back off a few days before using? I really like this pumpkin mask, I was using Juice beauty green apple and this is a little stronger which is what I wanted. I am going to try to use it twice a week if possible,I left it on 10 minutes the first time,I may try longer, the longer the better I think.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Can I keep using my retin A when I use the pumpkin mask or back off a few days before using? I really like this pumpkin mask, I was using Juice beauty green apple and this is a little stronger which is what I wanted. I am going to try to use it twice a week if possible,I left it on 10 minutes the first time,I may try longer, the longer the better I think.

Please be careful. I know nothing about Retin A. It sounds like you are into some serious exfoliation. IMHO to use a 30% peel twice a week is too much. Hope you are using a heavy duty sunblock.

When I worked for a salon, they did a series of 6 peels (sometimes at 30%) once a week. After six peels maintenance was once a month. If a person had issues (acne) a professional skin care routine was recommended.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
thanks.I seem to have really tough skin I geuss. I try to NEVER go in the sun by the way,I usually run my errands at night and do my yardwork before the sun comes up,I think the sun is the absolute #1 thing that will age you very rapidly.
sueqlew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
would it be OK to use the pumpkin peel once a week while using JM bioglycolic cleanser and bioclear lotion daily?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
The person who gives me monthly microdermabrasions told me to stop using Retin-A 3 days before having the microdermabrasion done. The last time I went I asked about peels, and she said I could use a fruit enzyme peel, but to stop using Retin-A 3 days before and not to use Retin-A the same day I use the fruit peel. Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I use Retin-A 0.1% and I tried the NCN Pumpkin Peel - it stung like hell and my skin peeled quite allot afterwards. I really think that doing peels whilst using Retin-A is overkill, although, having said that, I really like doing a Lactic Acid peel once a fortnight. I make sure that I don't use the Retin-A directly before or after the peel. Anyway, your skin will tell you if its too much - just be careful.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
thats weird because I use tazarac a heavy retin A and while I did sting a little from the pumpkin mask I did not peel but my face feels tighter and brighter,I do like the pumpkin peel and the copper peptides.
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:

Hi Lucylac, it's best to stop using Retin-A a day or two before and after doing the pumpkin peel. Using the peel twice a week is really too much. I recommend using the peel once a week but only if you're not using Retin-A or the microfiber cleansing cloth. Probably once or twice a month is all that you need. That's all I do because I use the microfiber. Hope this helps!
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
sueqlew wrote:
would it be OK to use the pumpkin peel once a week while using JM bioglycolic cleanser and bioclear lotion daily?

Yes, it's fine to use the pumpkin peel once a week using the products you mentioned.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Does this pumpkin peel help with minor hyperpigmentation?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
yes thats what I was wondering,I have stubborn little patches on my jawline area and epinquinmicro and triluma havent really helped much.I have tried IPL treatments and that did absolutely nothing.
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I've had reports from people who said it did help with hyperpigmentation. If IPL didn't do a thing for you, I really don't think the pumpkin peel would help. There are other options so I'm going to send you a pm.
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I have a question regarding the NCN pumpkin peel. Is it significantly stronger than PSF's Pumpkin peel? PSF's peel makes my skin sting when I apply it. Tried it tonight, and I loved it! But will NCN's version be too strong for someone not used to the 30%? And does anyone notice it helping hyperpigmentation? Thanks for your help in advance!
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:36 am      Reply with quote
gellys wrote:
I have a question regarding the NCN pumpkin peel. Is it significantly stronger than PSF's Pumpkin peel? PSF's peel makes my skin sting when I apply it. Tried it tonight, and I loved it! But will NCN's version be too strong for someone not used to the 30%? And does anyone notice it helping hyperpigmentation? Thanks for your help in advance!

hmmm...good question since I want to order a pumpkin peel....does anyone know the strengths..?

Lou
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
NCN's is significantly stronger than PSF's. Nancy's is 30% and someone posted that PSF's is 8%.

There is a thread on "Best Pumpkin Peel"
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24651

You can buy a sample size of NCN to try:
1/2oz for $13.50
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/skincare-product-catalog/samples.html
1oz $25; 4 oz. $85
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/exfoliate/pro-pumpkin-peel-exfoliate.html

I alternate using the NCN pumpkin peel and an aspirin mask - do either once a week.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
this is good info to have, thanks ladies. I have been exfoliating with acid peels because iam on retin A, to try and get rid of the peelies. sounds like that's not such a good idea
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
LucyLuc - Is your retin A a RX? what strength is it? I really want to start using it and had considered ordering off-shore (somewhere I won't need a Rx) but am concerned about quality of the product.

I love NCN pumpkin peel and have used both NCN and PSF. I like them both - NCN is definitely a bigger kick! You can feel them both working though PSF is gentler. I am getting ready to order another from NCN. I have oily skin, no sensitivity, no rosacea.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
LucyLuc - Is your retin A a RX? what strength is it? I really want to start using it and had considered ordering off-shore (somewhere I won't need a Rx) but am concerned about quality of the product.

I love NCN pumpkin peel and have used both NCN and PSF. I like them both - NCN is definitely a bigger kick! You can feel them both working though PSF is gentler. I am getting ready to order another from NCN. I have oily skin, no sensitivity, no rosacea.

Sis, be careful with the Retin A and the Herzog. I've been using the NCN pumpkin for awhile and didn't use it for six weeks while I was test driving the Herzog. Last week, out of curiosity I tried it and ended up with an almost burn on my cheek. I think I underestimated the retinol in the Herzog.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:34 am      Reply with quote
I have a sample of this. Ive put off using it because I do use retin a. Now ive been reminded though I might try it on my chest area though. I cant use retin a there as i have some broken caps that look worse when I use retin a there.

Do you think the pumpkin peel would be ok on my chest area. I have some skin damage there, a bit of crepiness. in fact I think my chest looks older than it should for someone my age Confused My own fault as i allways neglected to use sunscreen there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Blues Heart - Thanks for making me aware of this.

Karin Herzog has not arrived yet. Which products have the retinol in them? Is it the VKO2?
I guess I'll just hold off on retin-a and maybe not keep the pumpkin mask on as long (plus take a few days off KH when I'm going to use it). My skin is pretty tough but I don't want to chance it and have to put a bag over my head either.... Laughing
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
I have a sample of this. Ive put off using it because I do use retin a. Now ive been reminded though I might try it on my chest area though. I cant use retin a there as i have some broken caps that look worse when I use retin a there.

Do you think the pumpkin peel would be ok on my chest area. I have some skin damage there, a bit of crepiness. in fact I think my chest looks older than it should for someone my age Confused My own fault as i allways neglected to use sunscreen there.

I have crepiness on my chest as well...what's the best way to improve or rid of it..
Lou
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:

Carol, try getting a hold of NIA scrub. I find it worked quite well for my chest. I'm also putting my Herzog on my chest now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Blues Heart - Thanks for making me aware of this.

Karin Herzog has not arrived yet. Which products have the retinol in them? Is it the VKO2?
I guess I'll just hold off on retin-a and maybe not keep the pumpkin mask on as long (plus take a few days off KH when I'm going to use it). My skin is pretty tough but I don't want to chance it and have to put a bag over my head either.... Laughing

All of the Vita Kombi's, 1,2,and 3 and the Vita Kombi apricot oil. The Vita Kombi Apricot may as well.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |