Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Blemishes and weird 'scars' on my face...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
summerheaven
5% products discount

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 17 years old and I'm Chinese =] I live in Canada, so some products might not be available here =(

I've had some blemishes on my face for a long time now and I've been looking all over to find a way to get rid of them. Can someone please recommend a good product? Nothing too expensive... in case it doesn't work for me... =(

I also have these weird 'scars' on my face. I have a couple of 'pocmarks' I think. Like little dents in my face. I think they're just opened pores? I don't know =( And I have these weird lines as well. I used to only have one on the side of my face, but one day, another one appeared near my eyebrow.

Can anyone recommend a good product to lessen their appearance or something? I'm thinking that the 'dents' can be helped by Neutrogena's pore minimizing products, since I've read good reviews, but I'd really like more opinions.

Please and thank you!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
summerhaven, are the marks you have on your face scars from picking blemishes? When you described them as dents and pocmarks, that was my first thought.

I'm not sure what the cost of doing this would be since I have never done it, but you should read this thread on TCA Cross Method for scars. It's a little long, but worth the read. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17724&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I'm sure others out there will have additional suggestions.
summerheaven
5% products discount

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
You mean picking pimples...? I'm not sure since I don't usually have pimples on my cheeks, only on my forehead. It's possible that I did and forgot though... but it may have been a long time ago.

For that thread, I'm not sure if it's the same scars as mine? I'm not sure since the images are now gone. In the thread, the poster said that scabs will form so... I don't think it's the same 'scars.' Mine are just... dents and lines...
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
The TCA Cross will get rid of indentations in the skin. When you apply the acid to the indentation or scar, a scab will soon form. Once the scab falls off a few days later, you should see improvement in the depth of indentation. I've seen Scally's before and after pics and this procedure does work. Hopefully someone that has done this procedure before will chime in and give some more thoughts on this.
summerheaven
5% products discount

Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Diana =] I think I'll try and find it. Do you know if they sell in in grocery stores? Or do I have to get them online? How much is the average price?

EDIT: I googled Trichloroacetic acid, and the treatment seems harsh on the skin, since it takes a whole to recover. But most of the sites talk about a doctor doing this. Would doing this at home be different?
I was planning on spot treating, not putting the peel all over my face. I've actually never used a peel so I'm not sure if this is okay?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
You can buy it online here http://www.platinumskincare.com./glycolic-boutique.htm
If you are planning on trying this, definitely read the whole thread, as remember that this is a very strong peel and you could cause more damage if you aren't careful and totally informed. I suggest you PM scalawaggirl with any questions before you decide on anything. She is very nice and could answer any questions you have. She may also have other suggestions for you to try that are better for a beginner.
summerheaven
5% products discount

Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for your help =] Sadly, I can't really buy things online =( Do you think any stores would sell them?

I guess I'll have to try an alternative method until I get my own credit card and can order stuff online...

EDIT: I searched fro TCA online and found an ebay seller, bettercomplexions. I can't post links since I'm still just a new member but here is the item number for one of her auctions: 260149926791
Do you think this is trustworthy? I can't buy things online, but I think one of my friends likes to buy things off ebay so maybe I can ask her. She only buys things off ebay, not other sites so if I can't find TCA locally this is my last hope =P
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
summerheaven wrote:
I was planning on spot treating, not putting the peel all over my face. I've actually never used a peel so I'm not sure if this is okay?
Yes you can definitely spot treat with this. That is what Scally does. Unfortunately she removed her photos.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
summerheaven wrote:
I searched fro TCA online and found an ebay seller, bettercomplexions. I can't post links since I'm still just a new member but here is the item number for one of her auctions: 260149926791
Do you think this is trustworthy? I can't buy things online, but I think one of my friends likes to buy things off ebay so maybe I can ask her. She only buys things off ebay, not other sites so if I can't find TCA locally this is my last hope =P

I think you should contact Scalawaggirl with any questions on TCA. Just go to one of her posts and under her name you will see "pm". Click that and it will open a message box where you can send her a message.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
summerheaven wrote:
I've had some blemishes on my face for a long time now and I've been looking all over to find a way to get rid of them. Can someone please recommend a good product? Nothing too expensive... in case it doesn't work for me... =(

One other thing that I just thought of that you could try now, is an aspirin mask. This mask will brighten the skin and help reduce acne scars. Don't use the mask more than twice a week as it can be very drying. It is salicylic acid after all.

Buy a bottle of aspirin. Make sure it is uncoated as these will dissolve easier. Put 3-4 aspirin in a small dish and add a couple drops of milk to dissolve them. I then add about 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and a drop of honey. The mask will have a gritty look, this is normal. I leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes, then moisten my face and very gently massage my face. Then rinse off and apply a toner and moisturizer.

I use carekate's aspirin mask with great results http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24277 but here is a thread of other aspirin masks http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=12902 .

I also just noticed how old you are. I can't stress enough that I don't think you should try a TCA Cross without supervision. Like I said earlier, it will work but from what I have read it is very easy to make a mistake, or leave it on to long and you can end up with scarring. It has happened to more experinced users. Try the aspirin mask now to reduce the acne and leave the TCA for when you are older, or can get some experienced supervision.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi summerheaven,

I would recommend a home remedy/mask. Take yoghurt (natural set type) and apply it before your shower everyday for 5minutes before taking shower. Rinse off. Yoghurt has milk proteins and is acidic. Over time, you will find the skin smoothing out.

If you have more time, you can take a slice of banana and squash it with the yoghurt. Add bit of honey (moisturiser) and pinch of turmeric. Apply this as a mask.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Diana. I actually already use the aspirin mask, but I just started. I don't have any acne, really. Sometimes just random ones pop up on my forehead, but they disappear quickly.

I'll try your recipe next time. I usually just dissolve the aspirin with water and add some honey. Coincidentally, I recently dissolved it with milk (it look longer to dissolve though)
summerheaven
5% products discount

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
More of the weird 'dented' lines seem to be appearing!!! I'm really worried... There has been no pimples appearing on those areas and I haven't scratched my face or anything, so I have no idea what is causing them =|
junassara
5% products discount

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
have you looked into the way you squint or certain looks that you might give to see if maybe they are some types of wrinkles. Example I have lines that run from the inside corner of my eyes to about my nose and it is because of the way I sleep(I sleep with my face squished in my pillow). I wouldn't freak out just yet....
summerheaven
5% products discount

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
They aren't wrinkles, as I've said in my first post. They're like 'dents' and they're too thick (not deep, thick) too be wrinkles. And they're all in places that I don't think wrinkles would be. I tried smiling to see any lines just in case and they don't fall in the same place where the lines are.
junassara
5% products discount

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
maybe you could post a pic or something cuz I am obviously not getting it, I'd really like to help....I just can't visualize it.
summerheaven
5% products discount

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't post a picture before because I was a new member. Now I think I can

EDIT: IT ONLY LOOKS OKAY BECAUSE OF MY BAD CAMERA. IN REAL LIFE IT'S ACTUALLY QUITE VISIBLE.

I can't seem to get a clear picture. This is the best I can do... I had to try and use photoshop to make it more visible but it was hard... My camera's bad.
Basically, imagine pushing a thick piece of pencil lead onto play dough, leaving a dented line. It's like that.

I seem to keep getting more enlarged pores! I have NO idea what's going on.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
It's hardly visible! I don't think you need to worry too much about it. As long as you exfoliate regularly it may just go away.
summerheaven
5% products discount

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
It just looks hardly visible because of my bad camera... The camera's about 5 years old Confused

In real life you can see it pretty clearly.
I actually wouldn't have minded it that much, but now more are appearing. There used to just be one but now there's 3 or 4. I want to find a way to fix this before my whole face is filled with these weird dents.
junassara
5% products discount

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
sorry I haven't gotten back to you....thanks for putting up the pic though...ok so I have been thinking and thinking and thinking and sorry to say but I am at a loss....I think that all you can do is get a good cleanser, moisturizer and an exfoliator and get into a good routine with it all. I use Kate Somerville stuff and they have people that you can consult with if you give them a call. I am really sorry that I don't have the cure all answer for you, but don't worry your young still you'll bounce back....
PrettyPinky
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
It's hardly visible! I don't think you need to worry too much about it. As long as you exfoliate regularly it may just go away.

I also having the same problem with you, so many scars from pimples. I don't know what can help b/c I also looking for it.

BTW, I can't really anyting in the photo, don't worry too much. You are fine... Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Like I said... it's because my camera is bad. I'm not exagerating. I've had these for a while and I did NOT care, but now it's gotten bad.

I have had NO PIMPLES in that area. I usually only have them on my forhead. I have barely touched the area and more and more 'holes' are appearing on my face. Seriously, the only things I use on my face is a cleanser, moisturizing/sunscreen lotion, sometimes a toner and sometimes some acne cleansing pads.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |