Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Dr Hauschka's Volumizing Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I finally got my hands on Dr H's new volumizing mascara. I love it!! If you like Dr. H's regular mascara, you will love this one. It looks very natural, which is what I love the best about Dr. H's mascara, but it makes your lashes look quite a bit fuller than the regular. Now, if you haven't ever used Dr. H's mascaras, you do have to understand that the volume that you get is nothing like you would get from other volumizing mascaras. It is a very natural and soft look. You could wear this mascara with no other makeup and it would not look out of place...if that makes any sense. Their regular mascara has been my daily mascara for several years now. I think that I will replace it with the volumizing from now on. I got the aubergine and it really makes my green eyes pop! I use Chanel's Extracils when I am getting a little more dressed up.

liz

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Volume Mascara (8 ml / 0.27 floz)
Dr Hauschka Volume Mascara (8 ml / 0.27 floz)

So very expressive: Mascara creates visibly thicker lashes for a real volume boost.
The formulation combines mineral pigments with nourishing ingredients such as quince seed, silk and candelilla wax to envelop and protect every single lash.

rocky

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Is the volumizing mascara also waterproof or water resistant?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
No, neither one of their mascaras are waterproof.

liz

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I know neither is water proof or resistant. But I'm wondering if the new one is just a little less smeary. I have to be careful with the regular one. Have to put powder under my eyes and such. Even then I get a little racoon action on warm days.I'm just thinking maybe the waxes in the new one help. Is that maybe the case??

As an aside, I used Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara for a little while. Smeared less for sure and looked pretty good. Well my lashes got more and more brittle and started falling out with just touching them. Freaky. I'm going back to the natural ones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
michelec, I'd say the volumizing one is a little bit more smudge-resistant, but not much more water-resistant (I cried with it on and still had black tears streaking down my cheeks, haha, but not as badly as with the regular formula - so it helps some, but it's not exactly up for a monsoon). I also find that even though it doesn't smudge as much, it does sort of flake a little bit more, which I find even more irritating. I didn't notice this when I originally reviewed it, but I do now.

But then, I'm one of the few users who doesn't think much of this mascara - most other folks seemed to enjoy it. Me, I'll stick to the original! FYI, the original thread discussing this mascara was here, and you may find more information in other users' posts there.

Hope this helps!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
ooooh, the more I hear about this the more I want it! Laughing This has been sitting in my lemming cage just screaming to be let out I don't know if I can stand it for any longer! The only thing that's been stopping me is the balance in my checking account.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Michelec I get racoon eyes from mascara and for years I tried everything on the market. At that time I found that waterproof worked best for me but still smeared a bit. I had a bit of smear every single day. My skin around my eyes seems normal but I do use a lot of creams. I really do not know if it is product or something about my eyes that causes this to happen. One thing I do not do is rub my eyes, so it was not that.

One day I heard about Blinc's Kiss me mascara. I ordered it from EDS and have used it ever since. Four tubes far, they last about 9-12 weeks. I never and I really mean never get racoon eyes from mascara anymore. It is different than any other mascara I have used. It does take awhile to get used to putting it on so that it looks the way you want it. But after you get used to it... well i just love it. It is so worth it to never have those black smears under and above my eyes again.

Have you tried it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Oh, yeah, I've sure tried it. I've posted about it before that I get about 4 lashes per side with it. I just can not get it to look natural. Also, it's great for city wear but terrible if you actually cry or swim with it on.

Why, does it work better for you? You don't have that 4 lash problem with it?

Also, I'm still banging my head against the wall for not having the German mother-in-law bring the new Hauschka one for me. She's here now and leaves tomorrow. Grrr.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
michelec, how much does Dr. H mascara cost in Germany?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I get full great lashes and many lashes at that. In fact after cancer treatment I have one side with fewer lashes than the other. Kiss me is the only mascara that makes that side look full. It just took time to figure out how to apply it.

I also swim with it. It stays on great if you do not rub your eyes while your lashes are wet. I try to never rub my eyes. It used to be a habit but I noticed my eyes look bad after I thought that was why my mascara smeared. IT WASN"T and I still do not know why they smear. I think I may have a little bit of an oily eye area even though they seems normal.

Anyway sorry it did not work for you. I just thought i would throw it out for consideration.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
michelec, I'd say the volumizing one is a little bit more smudge-resistant, but not much more water-resistant (I cried with it on and still had black tears streaking down my cheeks, haha, but not as badly as with the regular formula - so it helps some, but it's not exactly up for a monsoon). I also find that even though it doesn't smudge as much, it does sort of flake a little bit more, which I find even more irritating. I didn't notice this when I originally reviewed it, but I do now.

But then, I'm one of the few users who doesn't think much of this mascara - most other folks seemed to enjoy it. Me, I'll stick to the original! FYI, the original thread discussing this mascara was here, and you may find more information in other users' posts there.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, ginnielizz. I was wondering about the volumizing one, but it's a no-go for me if it's as 'smeary' (or almost as smeary) as the original.

montrealgal
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I like the new Dr. H. mascara too. I have it in aubergine and it looks really nice, popping the green in my eyes. Love the colour! I don't have problems with smearing/smuding either. It even stood up to a rainfall today. I do think the formula was a bit wet the first few day, but after a few days use it is much better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
michelec, how much does Dr. H mascara cost in Germany?

In switzerland is somewhere between 20-25 usd (the volumizing), don't remember the exact price now. It is the same or less in Germany.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I heard it was more like $15 in Germany, though I'm not really sure.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oh gosh, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner to this. My mother in law went back to Munich (yyaaaa) and went in to her local shop to ask about the mascara. They said it was $17 Euros. There was a fuss in the whole shop with women gasping about the cost of Hauschka in the states.

She bought me one in black and already mailed it. So we'll see.

If I don't like it, I may give up on Hauschka mascara. When I last bought the regular one, in the new packaging, it was more goopy than the ones I had used in the old packaging. I know they didn't change the formulation but I could swear mine was different. I may just be back in the market for a new option for natural mascara.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I work for a shop that sells the Dr H make-up range so have tested the mascaras to the limit! I find the normal mascara to be very very natural, in other words you don't get much lift if at all and curlers don't work with it either. It also doesn't dry very fast so can be very messy when applying, especially when you sneeze! (wasn't pretty lol). It's good for people that just want to enhance the colour and define their natural lashes without them looking too "made up" so to speak.

Back to the Volumising mascara....I absolutely ADORE it! It dries much faster, I'd say near enough the same amount of time a normal mascara does. It lifts, holds a curl, lasts all day, and really thickens and volumises your lashes. I'd probably say it's the nearest a natural mascara has got to the results of a chemical one.

As for water resistancy, it's fairly good but obviously if you get them very wet or rub, it will smear. It would be lovely to have a waterproof one but with it being a 100% natural product, that isn't really an option at the moment. I have however been known to use this mascara and then sweat like a pig at dance class and it hasn't slid down my face...so yes, I'm very impressed. Plus the colours are great too! Loving the black and the aubergine, there's also shimmery green too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
michelec wrote:
Oh gosh, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner to this. My mother in law went back to Munich (yyaaaa) and went in to her local shop to ask about the mascara. They said it was $17 Euros. There was a fuss in the whole shop with women gasping about the cost of Hauschka in the states.

She bought me one in black and already mailed it. So we'll see.

If I don't like it, I may give up on Hauschka mascara. When I last bought the regular one, in the new packaging, it was more goopy than the ones I had used in the old packaging. I know they didn't change the formulation but I could swear mine was different. I may just be back in the market for a new option for natural mascara.

My niece will be stationed in Germany within a month. I've already asked her to keep an eye out for Dr. H mascara so she can buy a few tubes and ship them to me! She's a natural girl too, and absolutely loved the original formula Dr. H mascara I got for her last Christmas. Can't wait to try the aubergine and green shades, should look great on this brown eyed girl! Smile

ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought myself a tube of the regular Hauschka mascara but in blue instead of black, and I'm finding that the formulation is TOTALLY different! It's much "weaker" and less thick and dramatic than my normal black Hauschka. So I may go back to using the black volumizing one I got, and just doing blue on the tips or for my second coat or something! And I love the subtle blue color, but now I sort of want to try the green too, so I may cave and buy that volumizing one even though I'm not sure I'll like the formula as much. I wish I had a German connection so I could sample them all for less money! Laughing

athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I just bought myself a tube of the regular Hauschka mascara but in blue instead of black, and I'm finding that the formulation is TOTALLY different! It's much "weaker" and less thick and dramatic than my normal black Hauschka. So I may go back to using the black volumizing one I got, and just doing blue on the tips or for my second coat or something! And I love the subtle blue color, but now I sort of want to try the green too, so I may cave and buy that volumizing one even though I'm not sure I'll like the formula as much. I wish I had a German connection so I could sample them all for less money! Laughing

ginnie, you DO! Smile Niece is already there and Im setting aside some $$ to stock up in October. If you want to get in on this, we can have her pick up a couple tubes for you. I'll know the price better when she gets there, right now I'm estimating 20-25 USD. Still spendy for mascara, but the stuff lasts forever and at least it's not close to the $40USD we'd spend here in the states!

ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, that's really sweet of you, thanks! I will totally get in on this for a tube of the teal stuff - a nice safe way to check it out. I'll PM you for details. Smile

Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Hauscka regular mascare for a few months and it was time to replace it. I loved the regular formula but thought I'd try the volumizing formula this time. I have been using it for a few days now and I'm really disappointed. The regular formula went on with nice coverage and no lumps. The volumizing is very thick and leaves lots of lumps which I have to pick off. I felt like I was putting on my old cheap $6 mascara. I'm feeling stupid for spending the extra money and wish I had just stuck with the original. I'll try and post a picture later to show the difference in the formulas.
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I like most of the Dr. Hauschka line, but agree totally with your current review. I bought the volumnizing formula, the mascara was very thick & clumpy. I wondered if the product may have been sitting in the store for a while so I cleaned the brush & tried again. Same results. After having to redo my eyes twice it was trashed. I finally went back to the Blinc mascara with no problems, as I mentioned in a previous post.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I tried the volumizing after using the regular for many years, and I too was not a fan of the texture. But being stubborn, I used up the whole tube anyway since I paid for it.

And now I find that when I use the regular Dr. H mascara, it's not volumizing enough -- I thought I preferred the old one, but the new one grew on me.

If you do a comb-through right before it dries, it helps separate and de-clump the volume formula so you get a smoother look but still more oomph.

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |