Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Clarisonic
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SHELTIEMOM

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering about the Clarisonic. Is it really worth the price? Thanks!-Nicole
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
there's a long thread under the 'product reviews' section.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I have one and really love it, it is a great product.
havana8

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
These might help... Very Happy

:: Review :: Clarisonic RAVE
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24472

::Review:: Clarisonic Face Brush
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11732&highlight=clarisonic

p.s. welcome!
gailbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
SHELTIEMOM wrote:
I'm wondering about the Clarisonic. Is it really worth the price? Thanks!-Nicole

I think it is worth the price. I would not want to leave home with out it! My skin is so clean after. I have actually looked in a magnifying mirror before and after and can see definite "gunk" removal! Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use mine twice a week - it's wonderful -cleaning and exfoliating. How often do others use theirs?
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
It would probably be more informative to call out anyone who did NOT stick with Clarisonic. I only recall seeing one such case. Has there been such a discussion in EDS previously? The invocation would have to be in a thread handle, though, to catch such a person's notice. A non-devotee has little reason to enter a multipage thread devoted to praising it or discussing its use.
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just got mine 2 days ago and my face definitely feels cleaner afterwards. My face feels very soft... I am still waiting for the whiteheads and blackheads to come out in the nose area... i have faith! Very Happy
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:13 am      Reply with quote
i'm trying to decide between this and epidermx. will it be overkill to use both. maybe alternate days..
gailbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
puregdstuf wrote:
i'm trying to decide between this and epidermx. will it be overkill to use both. maybe alternate days..

I had the epidermix and find I don't use it very often when I use the clarisonic everyday, morning and night, but a person could alternate.
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Gunk removal...Laughing
If that's the case, I gotta get me one!
SHELTIEMOM

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies. I decided to just go for it! I got a really good price at beautydeals.net. I had a coupon and with the free shipping it was $140 total. It's the MD version as well. I think I got really good deal. Very Happy
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I got a really good price at beautydeals.net. I had a coupon and with the free shipping it was $140 total. It's the MD version as well.

Wow! That's a GREAT deal!~
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
gailbaby wrote:
puregdstuf wrote:

I had the epidermix and find I don't use it very often when I use the clarisonic everyday, morning and night, but a person could alternate.

I have been meaning to ask what products people find themselves not needing any more after getting a clarisonic. Was even considering starting a thread.

(I don't have a cs, but would never give up buying ExII -- even if I managed to approximate in on my own (and approximate is the best anyone could do). It is great stuff, and not expensive. Seen the current sale?)
AJRN
5% products discount

Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the Clarisonic and received it a couple of weeks ago--use it every morning and night without any problems. I have normal skin without any skin issues but I have to say I LOVE the way it cleans my skin and when I use my serums and moisturizer they are so well absorbed. I suggest this for everyone---treat yourself this Christmas season and get it. You will not be sorry!!
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm always the weirdo who has problems with the stuff everybody else loves, LOL.

I have a Clarisonic and due to busy-ness, was not able to return it within the 60 day window (I think there's a 60-day policy if you buy it from a spa or retailer, though why I am not sure).

It does work, it definitely does *something*--my skin looked super clean, sometimes my pores looked smaller--but it also made me break out. I experimented with different cleansers, cleaned the brush head scrupulously, cut back on # of times per week, etc. and to no avail.

I plan to sell my nearly new unit on ebay or somesuch once my free replacement brushes arrive.
ddang
5% products discount

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I was thinking of getting this as a Christmas gift for my mom this year but she's already using Youthful Essence. Not sure if anyone else here has used it but I was wondering if it would be a waste to get my mom the Clarisonic (or she might think it's a waste) when she already has something else. Any thoughts?
AJRN
5% products discount

Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
BBD, so sorry to hear that you can't use it. I hope you will be able to sell it on ebay and get most of your money back.

DDang, the youthful essence is a microdermabrasion tool which is different than the Clarisonic--the Clarisonic is a cleansing brush with sonic activity somewhat like the sonicare brush is to the teeth. I don't see a problem with her using both since I am sure she only uses the Youthful Essence 1 to 2 times a week. There is a 60 day money back guarantee if she does not like it but I have a feeling once she tries this she will not want to give it up. Also, if you live at home with her or anyone else for that matter that tool could be used with separate brush heads for different ones in the family. I keep telling my husband that he needs to try it with the sensitive brush that I have here. He will eventually. Neutral Neutral
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've got the Clarisonic too - for me, it's not a wonder product in terms of changing my skin. Having said that, i do really love it because my skin gets so thoroughly super clean from it. I wouldn't be without it now!

I started with the sensitive brush head as the normal one was too harsh, but now I can use the normal brush head twice a day.

It's really important to change the heads regularly so bacteria doesn't build up i think. Does anyone have any recs on the best place for cheap replacement heads? Smile
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Would the Clarisonic be okay to use if I'm using benzoyl peroxide? I would like to get rid of some of the flakies that the BP is causing and it sounds like the Clarisonic cleans the skin well and might help the BP work even better. Any advice? Thanks
ddang
5% products discount

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
AJRN wrote:
BBD, so sorry to hear that you can't use it. I hope you will be able to sell it on ebay and get most of your money back.

DDang, the youthful essence is a microdermabrasion tool which is different than the Clarisonic--the Clarisonic is a cleansing brush with sonic activity somewhat like the sonicare brush is to the teeth. I don't see a problem with her using both since I am sure she only uses the Youthful Essence 1 to 2 times a week. There is a 60 day money back guarantee if she does not like it but I have a feeling once she tries this she will not want to give it up. Also, if you live at home with her or anyone else for that matter that tool could be used with separate brush heads for different ones in the family. I keep telling my husband that he needs to try it with the sensitive brush that I have here. He will eventually. Neutral Neutral

Thanks AJRN! I would love to try the Clarisonic since reading the rave reviews and seeing it on Oprah's list of favourite things for 2007, but I was wondering if I'd be too young to use it. I'm 19 with sensitive skin but if it's just a cleansing brush then I'm hoping I'd be fine Smile
AJRN
5% products discount

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
ddang, you will be fine with it because it is so gentle. My opinion, I think all women of all ages should use it. I know it sounds like alot of money but it really cleans well and just remember--you are never too young to start using things like this for great skin care. Gosh, I wish this was around when I was your age--and that was decades ago. I really started doing serious skin care in my early 30s and that was decades ago. I have always tried to stay on top of what science had to offer and I have to admit you would be amazed how great my skin is today. NO surgery needed, just some tender loving care, plenty of water to drink and great skin products that I have been using. The Clarisonic can only enhance whatever skin care line you are using---HEY, but don't forget your MOTHER!! Very Happy ddang, the skin care line I use is excellent but this makes it better. I also use my Quasar twice a week which is a photoregeneration light device and with the Clarisonic it just adds to my anti aging regimin. HTH!! Wink
Loke
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I my Clarisonic.

My skin texture has dramatically improved since I received it two weeks ago that even my fiance commented on it.

I would highly recommend the product. Razz

5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I LOOOOVE my clarisonic!!!! Just got it around Christmas but I can already tell a difference. Before using clarisonic I would wash my face( I thought well) apply skin care products and they would take a while to absorb. Not now... they SINK right in. The product absorbancy has really helped the texture and tone of my skin.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I love this brush also. Using a manual scrub, then my Clarisonic brush then apply my prescription. What a combo! It really helps my medication sink in a lot faster.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |