Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you get rid of lines above your lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I don't smoke. I have these awful line above my top lip. I use HA, emu oil. Retin a, and so on and so on.

Can you give me some tips.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Check out the Lips2Kiss thread in the Product Review board. Lots of people have had success diminishing or getting rid of lip lines using those products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I second the lips2kiss recommendation. Tons of rave reviews about the system. They have a product called ULLE (Upper lip line eliminator) that is suppose to work wonders.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have used this product. I must say I was not impressed. You have to put a blow dryer up to your face. Very drying. Not for me. Is that the only thing that people seem to use?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry. I don't know of anything else. I'll be curious to see what others say. Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I have used this product. I must say I was not impressed. You have to put a blow dryer up to your face. Very drying. Not for me. Is that the only thing that people seem to use?

Dermarollers can work wonders for lip lines! Don't get scared away by the scary picture - look at the rest instead Wink

http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oh good grief, that picture is INSANE! I dermaroller some part of me every night -- I have yet to do anything but get a little pink -- with noticeable results in firming and looking healthier. Bleeding and bruising? Not necessary. At all.

Those pictures should be outlawed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
On Cupping thread Eleni wrote that she uses cupping for lines around mouth:
Eleni wrote:
I“ve been "cupping" every morning in the last 5 years and it gave me back 10 years. You use it with oil and for me it“s part of the OCM in the morning. It tightens pores, cleans them out and fights sagging skin. Some independent tests proved that it visibly reversed lines around the mouth and between the eyes. Sounds odd, but cupping is very popular in Germany. Laughing
(I often think: my gosh, give Mrs. Merkel a Vaculifter!!! Very Happy )
Thread Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=27735&start=0

I just got Cupping set. Cuddles had good results with WellBox (not on the face, she did not try face), and WellBox has attachment for the face too.
alisons79
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Avoid drinking out of straws.

But if you can't, don't drink where you need to pucker, use it out of the side of your mouth.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Cadia...thanks for posting that link on dermarolling. I have been doing this for a couple of months and needed some good documentation to keep me going. Of course I realize my 1.5 roller is not going to produce the results that the big guns (2.0 and up) might do...but I'm going to keep at it. I'm working on my lip lines too!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:40 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Cadia...thanks for posting that link on dermarolling. I have been doing this for a couple of months and needed some good documentation to keep me going. Of course I realize my 1.5 roller is not going to produce the results that the big guns (2.0 and up) might do...but I'm going to keep at it. I'm working on my lip lines too!

Glad you liked it, Mountaingirl Smile And it's good to hear that you are still rolling. Don't worry about the length, I bet you'll get great results! Wasn't the transformation pictures amazing? Very Happy
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Which is better? The dermaroller or cupping/
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've had great success in getting rid of my lip lines by having collagen injected in them. I have a very tiny mouth and thin lips so I definitely didn't want to end up like a Lisa Rinna look-alike so initially I was a little concerned about getting injections. However, my therapist assured me that she would just put a little collagen into the lip line to strengthen it, then inject the tiny lines above my lips. She chose to use collagen and not Restylane etc. because the collagen is thinner and more pliable.

I have been having this done for about 12 months now and my lip lines are completely gone. I have it done about every four months and have found that the effects are cumulative. I also highly recommend the use of a dermaroller and Retin-A.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, I know this was discussed elsewhere, but I wanted to ask you, do you use the dermaroller and then apply the active or do you apply the active and then dermaroll? Thanks in advance.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl...I'll answer that one too. Roll first, then apply the active. I usually immediately apply "Lets Make Collagen" and wash that off after an hour and apply either Rose Hip Oil, Avacado Oil or Oat Beta Glucans.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
collagen injection sounds like the way to go.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu, I know this was discussed elsewhere, but I wanted to ask you, do you use the dermaroller and then apply the active or do you apply the active and then dermaroll? Thanks in advance.

I use the roller first on freshly cleansed skin. Then I apply a mixture of Lets Make Collagen, Sea Kelp Bioferment and hyaluronic acid and use the Lightstim - I find the Lightstim really soothes the skin after rolling. Then I gently wipe the skin with a mild toner and apply Retin-A.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies, mountaingirl and Keliu. Just 1 more question, what size roller do you both use? I just have the dermaroller from leaf and rusher.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia - Thank you for that link - wonderful article and pictures. I may just have to get me a dermaroller

Sis
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks for the replies, mountaingirl and Keliu. Just 1 more question, what size roller do you both use? I just have the dermaroller from leaf and rusher.

I use a 1.5mm roller. If you take a look at this thread http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22460 it will give you all the info you need.
MissCay
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use AHA cleanser for face, at the same time I'd apply it on the lip then wash. I think it is helpful to remove deadskin on it. And daily apply the JMO lip calm. My lip actually looks very smooth.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I started on the Leaf and Rusher (.5mm) , then got a 1mm and now use a 1.5mm. I don't use anything to numb my face either! Shock Keliu...I couldn't remember who suggested using "Let's Make Collagen" --but now I know it was you.

Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Cadia - Thank you for that link - wonderful article and pictures. I may just have to get me a dermaroller

Sis

So happy you found it interesting, Sis Very Happy The roller is an amazing tool and I'm sure you won't regret it.

Punching ones face with needles demands some conviction, but I have more great pictures so just let me know if you're in need of some more roller motivation Wink
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I would love to see pictures of people on this board that have used this dermaroller and their results.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
i would agree with Keliu on the lip line filler. I used perlane on the outer rim of my lips, i didn't have any lines there but with the rim lined, it prevents them. when i make expressions that would normally show lines, there are none Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |