Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

C'mon girls - Advice and products for great wedding skin!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
geisha707
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi - Thanks for reading my plea for help. My fiance and I have decided to marry in Las Vegas in five WEEKS time and I need some SUPER products to work fast on my tired winter skin.

I have dehydrated skin with large pores which can either look Lovely or Awful. At the moment it looks AWFUL. I am 30 - no deep wrinkles - but one is starting to develop in my forhead! My main problem is that certain crepiness that I get. I'd like to refine and plump basically!!

Would appreciate any tips at all - even if they are not skin related!! x x x x x

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:04 am      Reply with quote
You don't mention what you are using right now. If your skin is dehydrated, do you use any type of an oil as a moisturizer? I have liked mixing jojoba with a little hyaluronic acid serum. Seems to hydrate and plump for me.
geisha707
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:27 am      Reply with quote
using a real mix of quite rubbish products at the moment. I was using the olay regenerist for quite a while and that seemed to really help (I believe this is the best you can get in this price range!) - but I have phased them out in preperation to return to a higher class skincare range.

I used to work as cabin crew and used to buy pretty much anything I wanted - used to particularly like estee lauder and biotherm, but I think it's nothing special now!

My main problem is I haven't found anything I really like since I had my son a few years ago - my skin has changed sooo much since!! What is with that?

5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I am new to the skincare routine and find that the right mix of products at the right time for my skin type is confusing and time consuming. If I only had 5 weeks, I wouldn't overdo it with products. There is an experimentating phase. Although people on this forum are really informed and could offer you great product advice...my suggestion would be to hit a steam bath/room if you have one at your local gym. In the past when I had time to this on a daily basis I saw fantastic results. No time now, but I made the time before my big day!
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I find exercise gives me the best glow (yeah, I know, probably not what you had in mind, right?) But, honestly, it really does! It's also a terrific stress reliever (and planning a wedding can be rather stressful!) And staying well hydrated. Drink as much H2O as possible. Very important!

I agree about not experimenting too much with new products, as you risk the chance of irritation or breakouts. Why take the chance?

One product I highly recommend for a beautiful glow is emu oil. I use the Dremu oil sold here but there are cheaper versions (LB Processors, Dianne Yvonne).

I'd also get a professional facial at a reputable salon in your area. Do it fairly soon though, so if any purging happens (breakouts), it'll all be cleared up before the big day.

Congrats to you and let us all know how it goes!! Very Happy
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations geisha707!

You did not mention what if any skin care products you are currently using. I would recommend a Vitamin C serum (I really like Vivier)as it gives a beautiful glow to the skin and helps brighten up the complexion. The other product to consider is Emu oil (I like Dremu) it hydrates the skin really nicely and also lends a hand towards the dewy, glowy complexion.

One word of caution - Be careful not to try too many products all at once or to attempt products that may be harsh or require your skin to look worse before it begins looking better (ie; Obagi, Copper peptides, etc). Your wedding is just a short 5 weeks away and not knowing for sure how your skin will react I would lean towards less is more. You would not want to have your skin reactive negatively or breakout right before your wedding.

Best Wishes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
If you want to try something special before the big day you could try Epicuren's 6 step enzyme treatment system. http://www.epicuren.com/P6step.htm it really makes your skin clear and glowing. You only need to use it once a day, morning or night whichever is more convenient for you. You can buy it here: http://www.beautynhealth.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2095
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely agree with the others about not trying too many things at once. If you've exfoliated before, Epidermx II is good for waking up dry, winter skin. Vitamin C also, and make sure you have a good moisturizer, too.

How exciting about the wedding! Congratulations.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
oakview, thanks for the tip on mixing jojoba oil with HA serum. Anyone know if there's any difference when mixing HA serum with jojoba vs emu oil? Just wondering since both oils seem to be very popular.

geisha707, congrats on your upcoming wedding!
sunscreenfordays
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think Valmont product facial if you can find it would be great. Of course, a facial should be done no closer than a few days before the wedding.

Especially if you are going sleeveless, try a mixture of Dermalogical mineral salts and stress relief treatment oil. Rub on your arms and any little bumps and roughness will melt away. I used it everyday for a week before my wedding, stopping a few days shy of the actual day.

Congratulations and have FUN!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:35 am      Reply with quote
The beauty expert on QVC used Nuxe Phytochoc prior to her wedding to prepare her skin and she raved about it. Still havent got round to purchasing that item yet hmm

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I had the exact same skin as you before.
Then I started using Biotherm white detox and now my skin is hydrated and my skin tone improved a lot. I think it's the acid in it that helped.
geisha707
5% products discount

Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
WOW - thanks so much for all the advice.

I am definitely going to go for the steaming (can't believe I forgot about the benefits of that!).

I WISH I could exercise, I am gagging to go spinning and weight training, but I have a wicked sacro-iliac problem at the moment - so I am not even allowed to go swimming at the moment Sad(

Loads of people are raving about vitamin c too!

I did order the Alpha Derma (JB) range a few days ago as it is based on amino acid technology which I know works for me.

I am soooo excited - about the wedding and about going to Arizona and Nevada - we just don't have that kind of scenery in Europe (OK - I know we have MAJOR history and castles and stuff - but you take for granted what is on your doorstep right?)

Incidentally - sorely tempted to get into biotherm again. I used to LOVE the stuff - but it is really difficult to get hold of in the UK and since I stopped flying I stopped buying!

x x x

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations !!!
It sounds like you're on the right path with your products. Try to relax a little everyday.
Easy to say..not so easy to do.
The only tip I might have is make sure you have your fav concealer and lipstick.Oh,maybe Visine or eyedrops.
You will be a beautiful glowing Bride.
Smile
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
geisha707- make sure you drink lots of water and keep your skin well hydrated. I live in Vegas and it's extremely dry here. My skin looks amazing when I travel to more humid climates but the dryness here really takes a toll. Congrats on your big day! Very Happy
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Advice: Do not have any facial treatments at least 3/4 weeks before you wedding, this is because facials help to eliminate toxins (amongst other benefits) which might give you spots and they will be hard to get rid of and show up in photographs.

To give your skin a glow drink plenty of water over the next couple of weeks,eat pleny of fresh friut and vegetables (also you wont put weight on), do not try new skin care products in case your skin reacts.

Try practicing Yoga which is very relaxing for the body and mind, excercise is good as it promotes oxygen and releases endorphins.

Ensure your makeup artist for your wedding day uses highlighter on your cheekbones which will make your skin glow instantly.

Or get your makeup artist to add Gold dust (comes in silver and gold) by Jane Iredale in your foundations. This stuff is superb ands give your skin sparkle and glow.

Hope this helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I agree, try not to overdo it with the products that might exfoliate or purge the skin because you don't want more scars/marks/acne/dry skin.

I would get a facial now, since you have enough time to recover from one. Drink lots of water, use a mask once a week, and use a great daily moisturizer. Keep it simple, so that your skin will be smooth and glow.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Drink lots of H2O daily before the big day, and if your going to get a makeup artist to do your make up, try to find one that does airbrush make-up- it looks great and lasts all day even in heat and humididty!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I agree on the emu oil for hydrating. I got a wonderful 40% emu cream from Laid in Montanawww.laidinmt.com that I love. I gave a sample to a friend of mine and she loved it so much, she's putting an order in for it too. It's the one called Rejuvenation (for Aging or Damaged Skin). It's very moisturizing. If you need less moisture, the cream for Sensitive Skin (19% emu) is nice; I haven't tried the regular one (LM New Day Moisturizing Cream - 18% emu). I prefer these creams to using straight emu oil.

Also hydrate from within. As I posted on another thread - another person who's getting married soon:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28776
Quote:
Taking internal moisturizers (like drinking more water, taking Essential Fatty Acids in the correct ration, and taking hyaluronic acid as a supplement too). You can read more about HA supplements on EDS.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

5% products discount

Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest retinol. Using this has made my skin softer and smoother than anything else, and I've also had fewer breakouts to boot. Congratulations on your wedding!!! Very Happy
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I agree on the emu oil for hydrating. I got a wonderful 40% emu cream from Laid in Montanawww.laidinmt.com that I love. I gave a sample to a friend of mine and she loved it so much, she's putting an order in for it too. It's the one called Rejuvenation (for Aging or Damaged Skin). It's very moisturizing. If you need less moisture, the cream for Sensitive Skin (19% emu) is nice; I haven't tried the regular one (LM New Day Moisturizing Cream - 18% emu). I prefer these creams to using straight emu oil.

lunarmm...Why is the Rejuvenation cream not recommended for sensitive skin?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
mmm..., CMAYC, that question would best be directed toward Laid in Montana. But it may be due to the essential oils included in the Rejuvenation Cream. BTW, my friend I gave the Rejuvenation sample to has "sensitive skin" but she was fine with it and has ordered her own jar!

Laid in Montana Facial Products
http://cart.laidinmt.com/catalog/LM-Facial-Care-orderby0-p-1-c-14.html

The Rejuvenation Cream ingredients:
http://cart.laidinmt.com/catalog/LM-Rejuvenation-Cream-125--4-Oz-orderby0-p-1-c-32.html
Emu oil (40%); Purified Water; Oils of Sweet Almond, Avocado, Grapeseed, Jojoba; Montana Beeswax; Shea Butter; Vitamin E; Rosehip Seed Oil; Evening Primrose Oil; Extracts of Aloe Vera, Grapefruit Seed, Witch Hazel, Pure Rose Absolute; Essential Oils of Peru Balsam, Carrot Seed (Vit. A), Clary Sage, Lavender, Palmarosa, Rosemary, Fennel, Galbanium

The Sensitive Skin Cream ingredients:
http://cart.laidinmt.com/catalog/LM-Sensitive-Skin-Cream-2--4-Oz-orderby0-p-1-c-33.html
Emu oil (19%); Olive Oil; Purified Water; Beeswax; Shea Butter; Aloe; Vitamin E; Evening Primrose Oil; Extracts of Chamomile, Calendula, Comfrey, Grapefruit Seed, and Carrot Seed (Vit. A); Pure Essential Oils of Rose, Lavender, and Lemon

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |