Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What type of device to buy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
insearchof
5% products discount

Fri May 02, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I've been reading through all the threads and just when I thought I knew what I wanted, I start second guessing myself. So, my question to all of you is, if you were to recommend one device to start with/purchase (goal is firmer skin, less wrinkles, smaller pores) what that be? Oh I should add in the under $400 price range. Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, I think a lot of us will suggest a LED unit...there are a number of units to consider, and you can see some before/after pics of Kassy's results in this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26564

I am sure others will weigh in with other suggestions as well!

5% products discount

Fri May 02, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same goals you have (skin, less wrinkles, smaller pores), and decided to purchase the Anti-aging Lightstim. I've heard really good things about LED treatments, they do seem to be effective, and I liked the 90 day return policy on the Lightstim. There is a coupon code on one of these threads for 10% off, so it was right at $300. After I've had this for a couple of months, I may purchase a Dermawand, in hopes it would provide some lift to my upper eye area. People seem to be getting results with it. Good luck with your decision.
insearchof
5% products discount

Sat May 03, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies.

That was what I was leaning towards, AALS and then add the Dermawand to that at some point in time. Very Happy
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
marys235 wrote:
I had the same goals you have (skin, less wrinkles, smaller pores), and decided to purchase the Anti-aging Lightstim. I've heard really good things about LED treatments, they do seem to be effective, and I liked the 90 day return policy on the Lightstim. There is a coupon code on one of these threads for 10% off, so it was right at $300. After I've had this for a couple of months, I may purchase a Dermawand, in hopes it would provide some lift to my upper eye area. People seem to be getting results with it. Good luck with your decision.

I vote for the Lightstim AntiAging model. I received mine a couple of weeks ago! I'm very happy with it so far!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
All I can say is;

AARRRGGGGHHHHH!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=17027

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=28775

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26564

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=28996

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=15282

And that's just for starters... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
insearchof
5% products discount

Sat May 03, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, that's a lot of reading material. Laughing But, Kassy's fantastic results and the 90-day guarantee has finally sold me on the AALS. I know about the 10% off coupon, but didn't they also have a Mother's Day Special around this time last year?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
insearchof wrote:
OMG, that's a lot of reading material. Laughing But, Kassy's fantastic results and the 90-day guarantee has finally sold me on the AALS. I know about the 10% off coupon, but didn't they also have a Mother's Day Special around this time last year?

I'm not sure about a Mother's day special specifically, but I did see a sale on any two lights, for somewhere around $400. to $450. (That is an excellent deal in my opinion, and with a 90 day satisfaction guarantee, you'd really have nothing to lose to try it.)

BTW, I don't have it myself, but I came across some research, that suggests that the anti-acne light (red/inrared/blue), also works on anti-aging issues. The wavelengths, for those interested are between 450 and 1000nm.

Anyway, point being, for a really great price, you can get an anti-aging + acne light, for less money than a Baby Quasar.. To me, it's a no brainer.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
marys235
5% products discount

Sun May 04, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Darn, I should have gotten the anti-aging and the acne light together, it would only have been $100 more. Does the acne light work the same way as the anti-aging, as far as how to do the treatments? I have a teenage son with some acne issues, but I'm not sure if he has the patience to sit and hold the light against different areas of his face for 3 minutes at a time, so it might not be a good option for him anyway.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
marys235 wrote:
Does the acne light work the same way as the anti-aging, as far as how to do the treatments?

The anti-acne light has red, infrared + blue lights, with wavelengths from 450 to 1000. I believe it's used the same way. You can read all about it here;

http://lightstim.com/acne_skin_care_light.html

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |