Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
"The New Science of Perfect Skin" Book by Daniel Y
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I saw today that Daniel Yarosh of Remergent has published a book on skincare. I have already ordered a copy but wondered if anyone else has seen this book and what is it like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for putting this up....I think I may order a copy too!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Who is Daniel Yarosh and whats Remergent?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Remergent is a skin care line, EDS sells it now

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/remergent-skin-care.htm

I think Daniel Yarosh was the founder of Remergent.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 2:46 am      Reply with quote
This link has a precis of the book from the Remergent site:

http://www.remergent.com/pr_05_06_2008_myths.php

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this. I get most of my books from the libary.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 3:03 am      Reply with quote
I have just received this book and have only had a quick flick through it but I am really impressed. The emphasis is on skin care ingredients, what works and what doesn't work based on scientific and actual skin testing. It does state quite early that there are ingredients that do work and there are quite a number of products listed which are considered to contain good ingredients. It not only contains the findings of Yarosh but also of other scientists, physicians and bioligists as well. It would seem that they have looked at the claims made by the ingredient manufacturers and tested those claims and there are a few surprises.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 3:18 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I have just received this book and have only had a quick flick through it but I am really impressed. The emphasis is on skin care ingredients, what works and what doesn't work based on scientific and actual skin testing. It does state quite early that there are ingredients that do work and there are quite a number of products listed which are considered to contain good ingredients. It not only contains the findings of Yarosh but also of other scientists, physicians and bioligists as well. It would seem that they have looked at the claims made by the ingredient manufacturers and tested those claims and there are a few surprises.

Sounds very interesting Bushy. Perhaps you could share some of the info on this thread that's raging at the moment:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=369712#369712
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I won't be quoting anything out of the book as I think it would be illegal to do so.
However, for anyone, of any age, who is interested in skin care, then I can't recommend this book highly enough. It covers all sorts of issues affecting skin including those affecting different ages, stress, hormones and even having children. It covers how to read info on skincare boxes, what info should be given, marketing hype and different tactics used to sell products, the ingredients to look for, how specific ingredients should be used and how they will effect the skin.
There are also recommendations on which ingredients work and which ones don't, and there are quite a lot of product recommendations both inexpensive and expensive. The best part is that, although some of the ingredient info is technical, it is written in such a way that most will be able to understand the concepts.
IMO it is the best info I have ever seen written on skin care and the most affordable skin care purchase I have ever made.
I purchased it from booksamillion.com for US$17.50 and received it in Australia in 6 days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 2:45 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I won't be quoting anything out of the book as I think it would be illegal to do so.

Is is certainly not illegal to quote from a book - otherwise every uni student would be a criminal! To avoid copyright and plagiarism issues though the source should always be credited.
havana8

Thu May 15, 2008 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Bushy, Remergent aside, are you finding that you've tried many of his product recommendations?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I plan to buy this book. Thank you for the information bushy.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I plan to buy this book.

Me too!

And you can take to the bank that I'll share the good, the bad and the ugly.... Laughing Sad Bad Grin

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:07 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Bushy, Remergent aside, are you finding that you've tried many of his product recommendations?

I am still in the early stages of reading the book so have only briefly looked through some of the products but I haven't yet got to read why they are recommended. From what I have seen, I have only used just a few but I am sure that by the end of the book, I will have adjusted my routine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Great, now I have two books in mind, do you know if they offer this online. Now that I have two books maybe I can save on shipping. Let me know, thanks.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 2:25 am      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
Great, now I have two books in mind, do you know if they offer this online. Now that I have two books maybe I can save on shipping. Let me know, thanks.

You can certainly purchase this book online.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bushy! I just requested this book from my library. I'm #5 in line for it so it may take several weeks before I get it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I won't be buying this but the Library might get a visit. I'd like to check it out too...
Thank you bushy!
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I've read the book "Don't go to the cosmetic counter without me". Does anyone know how these two books compare to each other? Are the recommendations similar?
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Bushy,
Thanks for the info, do you know which site sells it and if so, who has the best price? It will be great if I can get them prior to my summer vacation. Thanks again.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
Bushy,
Thanks for the info, do you know which site sells it and if so, who has the best price? It will be great if I can get them prior to my summer vacation. Thanks again.

I haven't checked all the prices but I purchased it from booksamillion.com for US$17.50 and received it very quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
I've read the book "Don't go to the cosmetic counter without me". Does anyone know how these two books compare to each other? Are the recommendations similar?

There really is no comparison as Daniel Yarosh's book explains quite a number of ingredients, why they are good or bad, based on proper scientific research and testing. If you only wanted to get one book then IMO this is the best one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
My copy just came today, can't wait to read it. I also got it from booksamillion, and it was here in two days.

Krista
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Thanks Bushy! I just requested this book from my library. I'm #5 in line for it so it may take several weeks before I get it.

I have also requested this book from my library.

I would like to suggest also "The Skin Type Solution" by Dr. Baumann. It suggested various types (16) and products/ingredients.

This forum has also suggested "How Not to Look Old" by C. Krupp and I am currently reading "Staging Your Comeback" by Christopher Hopkins.

All books available at the libary if I am willing to wait. The money I save can be used for more beauty goodies!
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 2:02 am      Reply with quote
This is exciting. I like Remergent very much and I'll definitely get a copy. Thanks for the info.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |