Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well, add me to the list of people whose cords have given out. The cord won't stay plugged into the bottom of the light. I've had my lights for over three years now. I will never go back to using just one at a time. It's so much quicker when you have two! I need to get another cord as soon as possible.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Just chiming in with my typical odd ball thoughts... Laughing

- Has LightStim shared any thoughts on the serious cord problem so many of you are having? (I'm shocked that I haven't had any problems at all, and have several LED's.) I also purchased two as gifts, and no complaints from niece or brother-in-law either.

- This LED has done amazing things for the look, feel and thickness of my skin over the last (almost) 5 years. I didn't realize exactly how much plumpness/thickness I gained, until I started dermarolling... (I don't feel ANY pain at all, my skin calms down within 2 hours & I don't get any of the itching + sneezing many talk about. Also, I roll like the dickens above my lip and forehead, and it doesn't bother me at all)

- The down side; Not sure if my age is just catching up with me at this point, but I need more than LED treatments alone to give me the firmness I desire. Hopefully the dermaroller will kick up the collagen production quciker/better than the LED.

My goals remain; Healthy, pretty, firm for my age skin, without ANY derm/surgeon/spa intervention whatsoever.. (So far, so good. It's fun to be a 60 something virgin.. Laughing )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Mtabby

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just ordered my first led, lightstim for anti-aging this afternoon around 3ish. I ordered it on my iPad computer so did not print the confirmation but I distinctly remember it going thru, there being an order number with an option to print. My issue is that they never sent a confirmation email and my credit card has not been charged yet...I don't want to order a second time and get two....does anyone know if they just don't or r slow to process on the weekend? I guess I can call on monday to be sure....just anxious to get started after reading from this forum and researching other products. How long does the lightstim website usually take to ship? Thanks for all the info!!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mtabby wrote:
Hi, I just ordered my first led, lightstim for anti-aging this afternoon around 3ish. I ordered it on my iPad computer so did not print the confirmation but I distinctly remember it going thru, there being an order number with an option to print. My issue is that they never sent a confirmation email and my credit card has not been charged yet...I don't want to order a second time and get two....does anyone know if they just don't or r slow to process on the weekend? I guess I can call on Monday to be sure....just anxious to get started after reading from this forum and researching other products. How long does the lightstim website usually take to ship?
Thanks for all the info!!

I didn't get an email confirmation when I order my lightstims years ago. I don't think the order would actually be processed until Monday. Always best to call to be certain that everything is in order. Delivery is from California so it depends on where you love for shipping time. I live in NC and it usually takes a week for me to get things from California.I think you will love the Lightstim as much as the rest of us do. Also a big congrats on your purchase of the Lightstim and a big welcome to the forum! wave

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much! That's what I was thinking, it's just that most things I order online, makeup etc they do send an Email right way. I'm sure it's fine. I'm in south fl.
Jadzaluk
5% products discount

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:42 am      Reply with quote
My hands are usually affected to some degree. I have found that he lightstim quickly relieves the redness and swelling.
The dryness is still there, butis the least of my worries!
damianne
5% products discount

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
i ordered my lightstim last march, and did not get a confirmation either, i ended up calling them to confirm my order had been placed, and they said they had it. i can't remember how long it took, but i eventually got one, though it was not forthcoming.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Found this article online about LED. Was interesting, and seems like good info on LED device, which is good news for me since i've been using my Quasar MD for a few weeks now. Maybe around 3 weeks.
http://ansr.com/news-the-truth-about-led-light-therapy/
Mtabby

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yassy-how r u liking the md? I was looking at that one, the prolight but bought the lightstim. Have used the lightstim twice so far.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
For those interested in trying out the new AALS (for cheap), it's making it's debut on QVC as the "Today's Special Value" on Friday. I have Steve's permission to share the following correspondence we had this week.

----- Original Message -----
To: Kathy_A
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 3:07 PM
Subject: New LightStim for Wrinkles

Hi Kathy,

I hope you received the newest model of the "LightStim for Wrinkles" that I sent you. As you have purchased a number of lights for yourself and family members and have been using our light for 5 years, we thought you would be able to give us your feedback on our new model. The handle a bit sleeker and is slightly longer and thus more comfortable to use and we have a new power supply with a heavy-duty cord that should last a lifetime (some time back our manufacturer of the power supply accidentally gave us about 500 power supplies with smaller diameter wires and we have replaced pretty much all of those for the customers that received them). Also, the HUGE news is that LightStim for Wrinkles is now the "1st & ONLY" light-based device that has over-the-counter FDA Clearance for the treatment of wrinkles on the WHOLE FACE!!! Nobody else has ever received this Clearance before.

Also big news is that QVC is going to do an exclusive launch of this new handle on a "Today's Special Value" on Friday September 7th. I promise it will be an incredible price and it would make a great gift for someone for the holidays. Below is our schedule of shows we will be on:

SHOW TIMES & HOSTS
(09-07-12) 12am - 1am At Home Salon and Spa - Leah Williams
(09-07-12) 3am - 4am Beauty IQ - Gabrielle Kerr
(09-07-12) 6am - 9am Fashionably Early w/ Jayne & Pat - Pat James Dementri
(09-07-12) 9am - 10am Beauty Best Sellers - Pat James Dementri ?
(09-07-12) 12pm - 1pm Q Check Style Addition - Shawn Kilinger
(09-07-12) 4pm - 5pm Beauty Best Sellers - Jill Bauer
(09-07-12) 7pm - 9:00pm Beauty Best - Jacque Gonzales
(09-07-12) 11pm - 12am Friday Night Beauty - Lisa Robertson

Please let us know what you think of the new handle.

All the best,

Steve Marchese
CEO

Office (949) 502-4088
Fax (949) 502-4090
steve@lightstim.com www.LightStim.com 16552 Von Karman Ave
Irvine CA 92606

On Aug 31, 2012, at 5:30 PM, "Kathy" <xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Steve & Joniann,

OMG, what a great surprise I found in my mailbox today.. Me thinks you have a good idea who your #1 fan might be..lol I'll be happy to give you my honest feedback on the new model. How nice of you to place such trust in me... (Hopefully I'll love it, because love or hate, I'll tell you exactly what I think. lol.)

First thoughts right out of the box, I love that you kept it light weight. The only difference I noticed visually, is that it has a clearish facing below the diodes, and the previous models have a reddish color. The handle looks a bit longer + sleeker also.

I'll use it tomorrow night along with my other model, and let you know if I notice any differences in the two models.. (I always use two together, so I can pick up any variation in heat or feel right away.) My little guys are spending the night, so anxious as I am to try it, I'll have to wait until tomorrow night.

Big WOW on the QVC Today's Special Value next week.. That is really awesome. I wish you both wonderful success on what I truly know to be a standout product. (There isn't much that holds my attention for 5 years, trust me on that!) Now I'm dying to know what the price is going to be? I'm glad you addressed the power cord issue (I really had no doubt that you would!)

May I have your permission to share your email on the forum? Many of our members would be happy to know about the QVC info. I'll trust you on the "incredible price", and we will all hold you to it.

I'll get back to you after I've used it through the weekend. Thanks so much for the lovely gift. (Secretly hoping I hate it, so I don't have to buy it's twin...lol. I could never go back to using just one.)

Best regards,
Kathy

So I used it twice, but only very briefly. The handle is under an inch longer than the "LightStim For Wrinkles", it runs at the exact same temperature (which I find comfortably hot). I love that the housing was kept light weight because it takes me 45 minutes for a thorough face, neck, chest & hands treatment, so I wouldn't relish the thought of holding a heavy light. (I use 2 devices.) The new power cord is top notch! I highly doubt that it will ever be an issue again.

If the price is right on Friday, I might purchase another just so I have the identical match for my treatments.. (I'm quite anal about exactness, and my OCD doesn't help matters... Anxious )

Does anybody recall what the last QVC price was? I'm wondering if it will be comparable on Fri...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to go to the QVC website to see the today's special and it is sold out Crying or Very sad I at least wanted to see what the price was....did anyone see the price?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, did you order the TSV and/or do you know what the price was? Too bad I missed it, but I probably would have only ordered if it was a super price. I am curious though. I didn't even know there was a newer model. I guess this is a newer model than the one I bought a few months ago (It was a Lightstim for Wrinkles)?
Mtabby

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just started my 3rd week doing 5 dys a week. Nothing super noticeable yet....maybe pores R a little smaller. I am having headaches all week, thinking this is from the light..anyone else with headache?
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I was able to order a lightstim for wrinkles from QVC - price was $164.88 - 4 payments of $50.63 with S&H.
Mtabby

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
What a great price!!! I spent 249.00. I've been using it 3 weeks now and besides the pores looking smaller I think some hyper pigmentation is fading.
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
When I used LED for a month or so last summer, I had eye twitching issues (even though I protected my eyes with tanning goggles), so I think you can have unusual side effects from LED use, like headaches.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
LoriGBermuda

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hello All, I am new here but have spent the last couple of days reading your posts about LED's. On one of the posts Kassie mentioned the LED Man site. I understand there are many users/fans of Lightstim on this forum, however the time investment seems massive and I thought with the size of LED Man's hand held unit, perhaps treatment time could be cut considerably. Has anyone used the LED Man hand held model and if so, with any result? I'm 53 and looking for something to help with the elephant graveyard of dreaded wrinkles, especially under my eyes. By the way, I wanted to thank you all for the wealth of information. Off topic, but my bald headed husband has been suffering for ages with painful pustules on his head. He has been prescribed several different drugs to no avail. Kassie mentioned an aspirin mask and voila! it worked. Many, many thanks.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
LoriGBermuda wrote:
Hello All, I am new here but have spent the last couple of days reading your posts about LED's. On one of the posts Kassie mentioned the LED Man site. I understand there are many users/fans of Lightstim on this forum, however the time investment seems massive and I thought with the size of LED Man's hand held unit, perhaps treatment time could be cut considerably. Has anyone used the LED Man hand held model and if so, with any result? I'm 53 and looking for something to help with the elephant graveyard of dreaded wrinkles, especially under my eyes. By the way, I wanted to thank you all for the wealth of information. Off topic, but my bald headed husband has been suffering for ages with painful pustules on his head. He has been prescribed several different drugs to no avail. Kassie mentioned an aspirin mask and voila! it worked. Many, many thanks.

Hi LoriG, some people are using the DPL light panels (link below) and they like them. It does take less time. I did use one for awhile but ended up returning it because although it took less time, I couldn't do anything else like watch tv or surf the web while doing it.So I like the hand held model better. I think LED man makes a standup panel like the DPL. The design is different and I believe it is a lot more expensive but you might want to ask about it. I don't know of anyone on EDS that is using it though.

http://www.amazon.com/DPL-Deep-Penetrating-Light-Therapy/dp/B000RIJ2ZY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_bt_1

Here are some thread about The DPL

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30398

https://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34976&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
HI CookieD, could you please give me the website for the LED man? may be he could make me a green light panel, 525 wavelength I believe, I read it's good for skin lightening... I am becoming more n more aware that my face is few shades darker than the erst of me, even my neck!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
HI CookieD, could you please give me the website for the LED man? may be he could make me a green light panel, 525 wavelength I believe, I read it's good for skin lightening... I am becoming more n more aware that my face is few shades darker than the erst of me, even my neck!

Hi Daler, I think this is his website but I will look tomorrow to make sure. If someone else knows for sure please chime in. Thanks.

http://www.theledman.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:42 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:

Hi Daler, I think this is his website but I will look tomorrow to make sure. If someone else knows for sure please chime in. Thanks.

http://www.theledman.com/

Thank you CookieD!, I ll email him.....
LoriGBermuda

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD, thank you for responding. I have written LEDMan twice in the past week and have as yet recieved no response. Now I'm leaning toward Lightstim. Any deals on that at the moment?
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
LoriGBermuda wrote:
CookieD, thank you for responding. I have written LEDMan twice in the past week and have as yet recieved no response. Now I'm leaning toward Lightstim. Any deals on that at the moment?

he responded to me within an hour and I got my LED panel from him in 3/4 days! His email again s : lights@theledman.net
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm trying to get more information about lights, including the AALS, which I own and use every so often.
Which is the wavelength of the infrared light in it? I'm asking because of researching about Far Infrared Light for medical purposes... and wondering about which is the infrared wavelength in the AALS. The FIR (Far InfraRed) seems to be the one that helps medically and for collagen building purposes.
I've checked the web page of AALS but can't find that information, just mentions the infrared light but nothing about the wavelength whether near or far infrared, or whatever.
TIA.
LoriGBermuda

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I ordered a Prolight a couple of days ago. After reading many of your posts on LED's I thought it worth trying. My girlfriend is visiting Bermuda and I told her about this gadget, which she is now very interested in. I promised to take a picture once a week, no makeup, same lighting (I'm a photographer). Can someone tell me why no one leaves images of themselves up on this site? All I see is "photo removed". My images are not going to be pretty, but maybe it will help someone else make a decision and isn't that what a forum is all about?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |