Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Q and dermaroller?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 3:45 am      Reply with quote
OK, I've just got a clarisonic and a dermaroller and I'm going to bite the bullet with a Baby Q, but what I want to know is, do any of you use a baby Q and dermaroller together? If so how?

Ta!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I think many of us that have a Dermaroller also use an LED. However, the general opinion is that the two should not be used directly together. This is because the Dermaroller wounds the skin and the skin becomes inflamed. Inflammation is part of the collagen building process and because the use of an LED device calms down inflammation, it is best not to use an LED after rolling.

There is much more information on this here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22460

Of course, you can still use an LED device between rolls.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I use mine before I roll or several days after, when the inflammation from rolling looks like it's abated on its own.

My opinion is that using light therapy right before a roll won't affect the inflammation/collagen building process, but using light right after a roll could.

I suspect if you use light just before the rolls you should be okay. Other opinions may differ, however.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
cheers for the info. What about using LED devices around the eyes? Or is that dangerous to vision or the delicate skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm probably irresponsible...I use mine right over my eyes. With my eyelids closed, of course. Laughing My eyelids and right below my eyes are two of the areas I'm trying to thicken up, and I feel that using the goggles will get in the way of that. They tell ya not to put the light right over your eyes, but oh well. Wink

YMMV.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
So nothing bad has happened so far... how about any positive outcomes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Rita from ProLight says that you can use the ProLight over the eye area if you close your eyes, or you can use the eyegoggles that are included and rest the light partly over the goggles and partly over the skin. I haven't tried it myself yet (I'm a little chicken still) but as I see results, I bet I will.
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 06, 2024 8:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |