Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Caregivers - How Do You Stay Afloat?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
hehe and I like Kassy's emoticons too!!!

Who knows what others are coping with?
I should add that having faith in a higher power helps. Keeps things in perspective.

And give yourself credit for even CARING to do a decent job of it!! BOTH of you!!

Hugs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Reading about the pain of others and life's unfairness, especially when it comes to children, is enough to drive one to insanity, nihilism and a few other even worse things. The only way to bear it is to have a support group of friends and an online one too really helps. And some escapism on EDS and other places takes one's mind off things. I know my daughters think I have gone off the deep end with the skin obsession, but if I find it therapeutic, so be it. Love to you all and thanks for being there.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have Fibro and it was hard enough just to make it through the day. I am so,so tired and my body hurts all the time.I have spent so much time and money trying to just be normal.I feel like I am in daze most of the time.
My husband has had a series of things.Nothing life threatening like some of you.
I escape in skin care and a few forums.
Now,when I feel so drained I will think of you guys and send you a little prayer.
It will make us all feel better.

Smile
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
My thoughts and best wishes are with you Dark Moon, I know it's a constant conflict. I think we will come out stronger, wiser, and more compassionate from these experiences, but it's so hard to remember that when you're in the thick of it.
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who posted words of encouragement and support.

My mom passed away last week after a two year fight against colon cancer.

In the end, I'm so, so glad I did everything I could for her.

My love to all of you caregivers out there!
Margot
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Margot,

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. May God bless you for being there for your precious mother all this time. I know it was so very difficult, but your mom was so blessed to have you with her. And in some ways it was a blessing to "you" to be able to care for her. I know how hard it is. I lost my beloved husband in March to cancer and sometimes I just don't think I'm going to make it without him. My mother has been a rock to me and it breaks my heart to think that one day I may have to go through it again with her. But I would, because I love her that much.

Many prayers for peace and strength as you go through the days and weeks ahead.

DM, I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but, cherish every moment you have with your dad. Never forget to tell him how much he means to you (even if you think he doesn't understand, tell him anyway). Again, as I said to Margot, you are a blessing, a gift to your dad and as much as he needs you right now you need this time with him also.

(((Hugs to both of you)))

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Oh DM,

My heartfelt sympathy and many prayers are with you. I know this has had to be such an exhausting time for you, yet it is so wonderful that you could be there for him and you will never regret that. I'm sure he knew how very loved he was. Be good to yourself right now and let others help you.

Sending (((Hugs))) and will keep you in my thoughts. God bless!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
Oh DM,

My heartfelt sympathy and many prayers are with you. I know this has had to be such an exhausting time for you, yet it is so wonderful that you could be there for him and you will never regret that. I'm sure he knew how very loved he was. Be good to yourself right now and let others help you.

Sending (((Hugs))) and will keep you in my thoughts. God bless!!

Songbird said it beautifully. My thoughts are with you. Bj

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Songbird,

I am so sorry for your loss, that is so hard! I can only imagine what you and your daughter are going through! My prayers are with you and your daughter.
I do cherish every little sweet moment with dad! Your kind words do touch my heart, and are so very much appreciated!
God Bless You Both!
Thank you again,
DM
Rona

Rona dear,
My prayers are with you and your family.

Roxana
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Dad passed away in his sleep last night.
Waiting on Hospice Nurse now.

Rona

Rona, my deepest sympathies for your loss. I could hear in every word how much you loved your dad. Who could ask for more than to be delivered onto their next journey with such tender loving hands. My thoughts are with you.
Margot
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rona,
I'm just seeing this and had such a tug reading that your dear Dad is gone to his final resting place. Bless you for all you did for him. I have tears for you both and I wish you both peace.
Sis

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Rona,

my deepest sympathy to you and I am so sorry for your loss. At least your dad is not suffering any more, not that it helps to ease the pain of the loss.

Please, take care of yourself.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Rona,

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure you made your father's last days on earth a joy. I admire you and other caregivers for giving so much of yourselves to those you love.

I also want you to know that I'm glad you're back. I missed your input.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |