Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The best sunblock cream you ever used.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kaykayo
5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
The AAD recommends daily use of a product with a sun protec­tion factor (SPF) of at least 1 5.Apply the sunblock or sunscreen liberally to all of the skin that will be exposed, including the lips, ears, scalp, feet, and eyelids.

As we all know, the sunblock products are really important for all of us.

So, what's the best sunblock cream you have ever used on face, body, lips, or even on eyelids?

And can anyone recommend me some products? (Dry skin and a little sensitive, with acne.)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
ZO Skin Health Oclipse Sunscreen/Primer SPF 30

5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ZO Skin Health Oclipse Sunscreen/Primer SPF 30

Thank you for your recommend. Can I find this product on EDS?
starriest
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I have tried many at all price ranges. I find most sticky and cosmetically unacceptable, especially as the spf rating increases.

So far, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry sunscreens are the only ones I can stand.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive, acne prone skin and the only sunscreen that I've been able to use without breaking me out is NIA24. I have normal to oily skin and in the summer I was able to use only the sunscreen, but now that it is getting close to winter I find I need an additional moisturizer underneath. You can get the NIA24 sunscreen here at EDS.
kaykayo
5% products discount

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:20 am      Reply with quote
starriest wrote:
I have tried many at all price ranges. I find most sticky and cosmetically unacceptable, especially as the spf rating increases.

Thank you for your recommend~

Is it suitable for dry sensitive skin? :lol:
kaykayo
5% products discount

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I have sensitive, acne prone skin and the only sunscreen that I've been able to use without breaking me out is NIA24. I have normal to oily skin and in the summer I was able to use only the sunscreen, but now that it is getting close to winter I find I need an additional moisturizer underneath. You can get the NIA24 sunscreen here at EDS.

I'll go and get more information about this product right now. THX so much!

U know, it's really hard to find a good and suitable product for sensitive skin.
Saucy
5% products discount

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I've got sensitive skin and really like Shiseido's Sun Protection Cream SPF 55. I don't break out from it - it's a physical sunscreen, so the SPF elements are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Unlike most physical sunscreens, it does not feel thick or heavy - it's pretty liquidy and easy to apply. Hope you find the sunscreen of your dreams! Smile
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I would not advise to put sunblock on your eyelids. I usually use sun glasses to protect area around the eyes. I believe some products are specially design to use around eye area, but I never tried it.
My skin is sensitive to any chemical sunblock and I usually use physical sunscreens. I always wanted to find product that could be used for eye area.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
kaykayo wrote:
starriest wrote:

Thank you for your recommend~

Is it suitable for dry sensitive skin? Laughing

My skin is only slightly sensitive, but definitely sensitive to chemical sunscreens and I use this just fine. I do not have excessively dry skin so I don't know if it is good for that or not.

As to sensitively, all the Shiseido s/s bothered me, mostly from what it took to remove them.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Saucy wrote:
I've got sensitive skin and really like Shiseido's Sun Protection Cream SPF 55. I don't break out from it - it's a physical sunscreen, so the SPF elements are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Unlike most physical sunscreens, it does not feel thick or heavy - it's pretty liquidy and easy to apply. Hope you find the sunscreen of your dreams! Smile

I only used its lotion version and liked it a lot. Very Happy
julian_y
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I much prefer Asian sunscreens because they are less greasy than American brands. I recommend Biore sunscreen, which is about 10 bucks and has a velvet and matte touch.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay Anthelios XL spf 60, cream or lotion. Very Happy
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist recommended La Roche Posay - Anthelios 60+ (because it has mexoryl - one of the better broad spectrum SPF).

I think it's only available in the U.S. up to 40 SPF - but you can get it in Europe (or online) in higher SPF.

It comes in a lot of different formulations - some lighter, some creamier - so you may have to experiment to find the formulation that works for you.

I've also heard good things about the Obagi Oclipse sunscreen - but haven't tried it yet. (Still have about 20 tubes of Anthelios!)
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
My skin brocke out after I used La Roche Posay Anthelios XL spf 60. I also had allergic reaction to this product and my skin on the top of breaking out had hives from it. Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I used Super City Block SPF 40 last summer,like the high spf in this and also the slight tint- gives my skin a really nice glow! It's not a big tube but has already lasted me about 8mnths since you only need a tiny amount, so I think its worth the money!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
If you have sensitive skin and still want high sunblock protection you may want to try Devita SPF 30 Sunblock. Please see Nimue's excellent review here at
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31436 under "Products Review".
I have sensitive skin and this has never irritated my skin or let me burn.
HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using DDF Organic sunscreen but as its getting warmer here in Australia, I am finding that its making me oily and breakout so I have just ordered the Sofina UV Perfect sunscreen from bobodave and hoping it helps regulate my combo skin a bit.

I also use Murad Essential C Eye Cream spf on my eyes every day and its fabulous and the container lasts forever as you only need a small dot.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
i have used Shiseido's Sun Protection for face SPF 55 for 3-4 years,like it very much.but my new lover is Janson Beckett Sunblock Daytime Moisturizer spf 40.it is very light and effect.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just use Olay Complete with spf 15 and it's been fine for me...
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I have similar skin, and my favorite so far is Devita. It's a zinc-only block, but it goes on completely sheer and feels wonderful. No breakouts or burns... I wouldn't wear it on the beach, but for a daily block, it's perfect. (Nimue recently posted a review if you're interested in learning more.) I'm a big fan of "natural" products, and this one fits the bill.

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Helena Rubinstein's sunblock cream(spf35/pa+++/uva 8ppd) is ultra light and comfortable
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I also like Asian sunscreens as they're not as greasy. My favourite is Sofina Nuance UP. Sunkiller is also very similar. However, as I have to order these on line, with the exchange rate as it is at the moment, it makes them quite expensive. Where is the Biore sunscreen available from?
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay - Anthelios 60+
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
LRP Hydraphase SPF30 is the best sunscreen for me.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |