Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Grendel

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I hope this post is in the right place. I just wanted to know if I buy this program would a man need to do anything different? Are there separate intructions for men.TIA Mark
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think so...
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:59 am      Reply with quote
You might want to post this on the Ageless forum and get advice directly from Lou on this, but I suspect that your be fine doing the program as its laid out.
Grendel wrote:
Hello, I hope this post is in the right place. I just wanted to know if I buy this program would a man need to do anything different? Are there separate intructions for men.TIA Mark

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Be careful about your questions on the ageless forum. I asked some over the FAQs that Lou wrote, and got a really horrible message from someone saying that others were saying I was on drugs or drunk! Not nice. My posts weren't horrible and I wasn't trying to rubbish Ageless, and had been doing it for ages, so was like WTH? I'm staying clear of that forum now!
hawthorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Theresa, just read your post over on Lou's site, don't go! You know, if someone sent you a rubbish pm, shame on them really, I hope you don't leave because of one message. Best, Hawthorn.

TheresaMary wrote:
Be careful about your questions on the ageless forum. I asked some over the FAQs that Lou wrote, and got a really horrible message from someone saying that others were saying I was on drugs or drunk! Not nice. My posts weren't horrible and I wasn't trying to rubbish Ageless, and had been doing it for ages, so was like WTH? I'm staying clear of that forum now!
Lexyg
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm not drunk but fairly new to facial exercises. My face doesn't have any crows feet or major wrinkles, EXCEPT near my mouth. It's not the corners of my mouth but a bit below that. I bought Loulou's book and it doesn't seem to have any "mouth area" specific exercises, or I could be drunk. Razz

Would Loulous exercises be the best fit for my one concern? How about that mouth contraption thingy? Would that be better, ya think? I'm quite distressed about these lines. Oh, and I'll be 60 in a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Grendel--I know that some men in particular are keen to beef up their jaw lines, so unlike women, you might want to focus more on exercises that build the jawline, particularly the masseter muscle. Loulou's program purposely downplays building this muscle, so that might be one to add into your regular routine. Other than that, I can't think of anything else you might want to consider doing differently (without knowing your specific needs). HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lexyg--Do you have any pictures--either of yourself or someone else--that illustrate your particular area of concern? Or instead, can you describe the issue a bit more? I'm having trouble visualizing what you mean. But I can say, that based on your description so far, Loulou's lip exercise, while a great one for the upper lips and innermost rings of the lips, may not help you as much as some other exercise.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have a pic but try this for an idea: Put a finger on the outer corner of each side of your mouth and drop your fingers down about an inch. There's like an indentation there (at least on my face) and significant lines are forming there. Crying or Very sad

Does that make sense?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just read your thread from Ageless, Theresa, and I'm dumbfounded as to why someone would consider your inquiry offensive. Seems like a bit of pm trolling is going on as opposed to members believing your thread to be out of line. Loulou certainly never took exception to your question so why a member would, seems very peculiar. Anywho, it would be a shame if you left her forum because of some malcontent.

BTW, I also glean ex's and massage techniques from a number of different programs. I truly don't believe one program fits any one particular person in consideration of their personal goals. I use a bit of Maggio, a bit of YogaFace, Ageless, along with the wonderful bone and lymph massage Critic introduced us to, and I will soon explore FE. Smile
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary, so sorry about the rude people there. It's happened to me on other forums, unrelated to skin care, which has led me to not post so much as I once did.

Anyway...I am really liking Ageless now. My skin has "toughened" up now, so no more red marks. I really like how it takes just a short while to do the exercises too. I'm also doing the bone massage exercises too (alternating).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:

I'm really disappointed that somebody has been mean to Theresa. Her question was perfectly fair and friendly and she only wanted to find out about something that interested her.

Theresa, it's brilliant that you're not going to let your experience stop you coming to the forum, and I hope other people won't be put off visiting. Pachouli made the board for me with all its categories and when she sent me the link it was a lovely surprise. Lots of wise,funny,supportive people contribute, and there's no place for anyone who isn't respectful of other people's feelings. If someone is unkind to you they will be asked to leave, not you.

White Wolf, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you on another forum. That's not nice at all, but it makes me think how surprising it is to find this particular abuse on a facial training site. You'd think that a subject like facial exercise would attract a gentle type of person... it's not as if there's anything to create divisions or get heated about. Blimey!

Loulou xx

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Oh yikes forgot to update people. I found out that it was intended as a joke, but I took it literally. Madness, but Lou is right its a great forum with fantastic tips and great advice that I learned so much from, and there are some brilliant people there (IMO of course) including the lovely Loulou herself!! Laughing
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Lexyg,

I'm not the best person to answer your question, but if the area is directly below the outer corner of your mouth, it sounds like it's your triangularis muscle and perhaps also your quadratus labii inferioris muscle. Doing more of Loulou's occasional extras exercise "Alternative #5/Lower Lip" might help you then with that area. Also, Loulou's Kiss exercise (#10), part of the regular routine, also targets the lips, though might not help this area as much as the Alternative #5/Lower Lip. Your best bet would be to ask Loulou or post your question on the Ageless forum, but hopefully, this will get you started heading in the right direction. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lexyg, and thanks Cm for your help Smile

Cm, you're right that Ageless has an occasional exercise for this area. But I'd not recommend that Lexyg did more of the lower lip exercise than anyone else, because this kind of dent is nothing to do with the muscles in the area of the problem.

With age the fleshy areas of the face shift downward and inward towards the nose. The flesh now sort of hangs from the points where it's attached to bone, and it's the hang/drape of the flesh that causes the dent (and many other symptoms of maturity that aren't obviously related... nose-mouth lines, jowliness, sagging). Imagine stapling a piece of heavyish material to a wall. If you spaced the staples at intervals all over the cloth instead of round the edges it would accumulate wrinkles, folds and dents as gravity did its work.

Building the muscles at the site of the fold/dimple/draped skin won't make the area smooth. Only lifting the flesh up and out with the upper cheek muscles will do that. The lower face only needs to be kept firm.

HTH

Loulou xx

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Perfect Smile Smile I see that Loulou has answered your question. Smile

She would know 10x better than me what is going with this issue, so please ignore my suggestion to double up and follow Loulou's suggestions instead.

Well, at least, you now know which of Loulou's exercises will keep that area firm now Smile, so hopefully my post wasn't totally useless Smile.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to this area of the forum so EVERYONE is helpful! And OMG! Loulou answered my question! And she's absolutely right (but of course Smile) because, looking at my face, her answer makes sense.

So I should just concentrate on doing the regular program for the entire face and "tightening the cheek muscles" will help the problem. Right? I never thought of it as a "imploding" with age thing (although it makes total sense) because I have very high, prominent cheekbones - one of my better features actually.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the book. Can't wait to get it. Yay!!!

Lexyg, that's great that you got answers. Please keep us posted on your progress.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary, glad it was a joke, whew! Smile So all is sorted and better.

otherloulou - thanks! I used to post on a pregnancy/birth board, of all places to be attacked on. /boggle. Since then I've been paranoid about posting in general but all the men & women on this site are super great! Smile I appreciate all the help and advice and read tons of threads here.

Anyway, after just about 2 weeks of doing the exercises I have seen some minor changes already. Smile Sometimes I have to rewind and replay but I'm catching on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
White Wolf, I'm so glad you're seeing changes already, that's great news! I'm sure you don't need me to remind you to go steady and stick to a modest amount of training, but I'll say it anyway Cool

I'm staggered that you were personally abused on a birth board. You'd think it would be filled with nurturing women, and I'm sorry you met a mad hormonal one. For the baby's sake let's hope she turned into a rational decent person after giving birth. Confused

LL xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I realized the other day that while I'm generally okay and wrinkle free, I'm starting to see these lines creep onto my face, sort of like a sagging from the corners of my mouth to my chin. I believe they're called Buccolabial folds. It's the ONLY thing on my face that ages me, and I find it frustrating. I have the Ageless facial exercises, but I don't know if they help...

Anyone have any suggestions/help for me?

Edit: They're not full lines, but they look like they are beginning to form... I'd like to stop them from going further or even reversing them.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:

I'm staggered that you were personally abused on a birth board. You'd think it would be filled with nurturing women, and I'm sorry you met a mad hormonal one.

Too funny. Preggo boards are full of women with raging hormones. Intense arguments erupt over the craziest subjects. Those forums are wonderful sources of support during a stressful time, but it is definitely not unusual to see someone explode. EDS is much saner, even if we tend to be slightly obsessive.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maiea! I had those too and green smoothies made them disappear within about two weeks. Green smoothies took care of that problem for Toby too. I'm not sure why, but it worked. They taste great too.

My favorite recipe is losely fill the blender 3/4 full with spinach, toss in one chopped apple, about a tablespoon of lemon juice, and one cup of water. It's also good with a packet of stevia to sweeten it a bit more. Add water as needed for smooth blending. Blend until you don't see any little chunks of spinach.

Here is the thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35013

maiea wrote:
I realized the other day that while I'm generally okay and wrinkle free, I'm starting to see these lines creep onto my face, sort of like a sagging from the corners of my mouth to my chin. I believe they're called Buccolabial folds. It's the ONLY thing on my face that ages me, and I find it frustrating. I have the Ageless facial exercises, but I don't know if they help...

Anyone have any suggestions/help for me?

Edit: They're not full lines, but they look like they are beginning to form... I'd like to stop them from going further or even reversing them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou & Hermosa -- I'm so glad for this forum because it's my new home. If I get pregnant again (turning 42 but we are still trying), I won't ever post about it on a birth board. Heck, I rather be here helping to find great products for stretch marks, hehe. Smile

Quick question, what are the wrinkles that are called the "11's"?

I have one wrinkle smack center of my forehead and another one that goes from my nose towards cheek area. Along with under my eyes (one eye alone has 3 wrinkles like they cascade). I think my eyes are the worse though, makes me look older I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
The 11's are two lines that kind of appear at the top of the nose between the brow, and usually they are formed by frowning. They are called 11's because they 11 at the top of the nose.
WhiteWolf wrote:
Quick question, what are the wrinkles that are called the "11's"?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |