Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please Help Sleep Lines Under My Eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
popping2009

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Thank you in advance for your help on this matter. I am a 31 year old male and just recently I have started to get I guess you would call them sleep lines under my eyes. They are two lines under both eyes and it looks terrible to me. I am not sure what to do about them. It started as one line under each eye and now its two. I can pull my skin down under my eyes and it looks normal as soon as I let go it comes right back. I ordered some stuff called Hydroatone after reading all the terrible review about the product I canceled. I was so exacted to get the product but now that I canceled it I feel lost again. Can anyone suggest what I can do to get rid of these? Thank you so much for your help
popping2009

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
help?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not really clear on the problem from your post...do you have what looks like some sleep creases under your eyes?

If so, are you drinking enough water to keep your skin sufficiently hydrated?

Does it look like you have any undereye puffiness or sagging?

What kind of skin products are you using, and how often?

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the reply!!!

[quote="bethany"]I'm not really clear on the problem from your post...do you have what looks like some sleep creases under your eyes?

Yes They are creases under my eyes. It started as one crease under each I now its two.

If so, are you drinking enough water to keep your skin sufficiently hydrated?

I try to drink enough water but I need to be better at it.

Does it look like you have any undereye puffiness or sagging?

Yes where it is creasing under my eye the two lines are puffy.

What kind of skin products are you using, and how often?

I don't use any skin products. Not sure what to use.

Thank you so much for your help.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
If you have puffiness under your eyes, it is often caused by fluid retention or allergies.

Do you have a high sodium intake? I can see my Diet Coke intake reflected under my eyes the next morning if I overdo it. Embarassed

Do you have any allergies?

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
no I don't have allergies I live off Diet Mt Dew. Should I use anything under my eyes?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to think about Retin A for fine lines at night, a good topical C serum in the morning, and sunscreen every day as far as topical things to use.
popping2009

Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you...where can I buy that stuff?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
popping2009 wrote:
no I don't have allergies I live off Diet Mt Dew. Should I use anything under my eyes?

Diet Mountain Dew has 35mg of sodium per can....if you are drinking a lot of these, it could be causing the puffiness (I see it myself very frequently from my Diet Coke).

If you are someone who is into skin stuff, go with Rileygirl's recommendations (you will HAVE to wear sunscreen every day with the Retin A).

If not, you want to find a basic eye cream that has those ingredients...Neutrogena is a good drugstore brand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:00 am      Reply with quote
popping2009 wrote:
Thank you in advance for your help on this matter. I am a 31 year old male and just recently I have started to get I guess you would call them sleep lines under my eyes. They are two lines under both eyes and it looks terrible to me. I am not sure what to do about them. It started as one line under each eye and now its two. I can pull my skin down under my eyes and it looks normal as soon as I let go it comes right back. I ordered some stuff called Hydroatone after reading all the terrible review about the product I canceled. I was so exacted to get the product but now that I canceled it I feel lost again. Can anyone suggest what I can do to get rid of these? Thank you so much for your help

Just to add... are your lines there all day, or just in the morning? You can develop lines as the muscle around the eye slackens and drops, and there are creases where the area is sagging. The eye area responds very quickly to exercise, especially in men, so I'll send you an exercise and see if it helps in combination with the advice the other good people have given Smile LL Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou,

Could you please send me the exercises too?

Thanks,

Jamie
jamie74
5% products discount

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi popping2009,

I'm a 34 year-old male, and I just noticed the same thing earlier this year (not sure how long they'd been there).

Not that I've noticed any improvement yet, but one of the best things you can do for starters, is to sleep on your back. I had a weird side/stomach sleeping style and my face was always mashed into the pillow.

The biggest problem for me is that I've developed an unhealthy fixation on the "creases" and can't help examining them whenever I'm in a bathroom, especially under different lighting.

Anyway, this isn't of much help other than to tell you you're not alone!

Thanks,

Jamie
popping2009

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
You may want to think about Retin A for fine lines at night, a good topical C serum in the morning, and sunscreen every day as far as topical things to use.

Where do I find these products Retin A and a Topical C serum?

otherloulou----Thank you for the exercises! To answer your question yes the lines are there all day however in the morning they are very noticeable when I wake up.

Jamie----Thank you I will start to sleep on my back more often.

Thank you everyone for your information!
havana8

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
popping2009 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

As Bethany mentioned, there are some decent drugstore brands. This thread had some good recommendations on drugstore brands as suggested in "The New Science of Perfect Skin" by Dr. Daniel Yarosh…
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29133

And, of course, EDS has a ton of retinol and vitamin C products which can be found by searching the store for products by ingredient or by the type of product (i.e. eye or eye cream/eye gel etc.) or even for brands that have a men's line...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/

One thing to keep in mind while researching is that a rave/recommendation of what works for one may or may not work for you so unfortunately there is very often some trial and error involved... If you can, for a greater likelihood of success, try to see if the recommendation/rave was made by someone with a similar skin type/concern/sensitivity/age group, etc. to your own. Also, particularly with the pricier products, you may want to try a sample first to see if a product agrees with you before springing for a full size as sometimes we may find we are sensitive to an ingredient or perhaps that we can't stand the smell or texture, etc.

Good luck & welcome to EDS! Smile I hope you let us know what you decided to do in the end and how it worked for you.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
popping2009 wrote:

Retin-A is a prescription strength cream containing the active ingredient tretinoin (retinoic acid, a vitamin A derivative). Tretinoin is the only ingredient in topical skin care products that is proven in numerous studies to be able to boost collagen production and erase fine lines. After 3-6 months of use you will most likely see an improvement. Either you have to go to a dermatologist to get a prescription, or you can buy the generic brand Retino-A from an online pharmacy, likewww.alldaychemist.com, without prescription. Lots of people on this forum buy their tretinoin creams from online pharmacies.

If you prefer a non-prescription vitamin A product, there are many retinol creams to choose from (as mentioned by havana8). Retinol (the pure form of vitamin A) is weaker than tretinoin, but there are studies showing that retinol creams are also effective. Some popular and high quality retinol creams are made by Skinceuticals, La Roche-Posay Biomedic, Afirm, Green Cream, Remergent...

Many people here use a retinol product PM and a vitamin C serum AM. Topical application of vitamin C gives antioxidant protection in order to prevent further damage and premature signs of aging. It may also to some extent promote collagen synthesis, hence erasing fine lines. Some popular and stable vitamin C serums: Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, SkinMedica C Complex, CellularskinRX C+ (less expensive).

EDS carries Remergent, SkinMedica and CellularSkin. The other brands I mentioned can easily be found in other online stores if you do a google search.

Topical vitamin A and vitamin C products are most likely your best bet to combat and prevent lines and wrinkles, but it does take time to see results. Good luck, Popping2009.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
As Loulou posted, exercises for eyes might be very good for correcting eye sagginess.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
popping2009, Septembergirl did a great job at answering your question. Check into some of the products she mentioned. She gives great advice! Very Happy
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
By increasing blood supply temporarily you might be able to reduce the appearance of those lines. Lifting legs over your head gradually increasing the time of the exercise will help. Max 20 minutes. Rolling Eyes
Banh
5% products discount

Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Try to drink more coffee instead of drinking diet sodas, caffine helps to relieve water retention.
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
dear otherloulou,can you share the exercises for us,thanks!
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Otherloulou, I am also interested.Thank you Razz
JeSuisNapoleon

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Otherloulou, could you send me the exercises as well? I am afraid I do not know what to do to lessen the sleep lines on my face and it's driving me mad.

Thank you very much.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Retin A, as septembergirl mentioned, and a SILK pillowcase! There has been a lot said about the benefits of a silk pillowcase to prevent causing lines when u sleep...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
One more thing...since these lines appear after sleep, sleeping on your back is a good idea as someone else mentioned. I have always slept on my tummy and (at 50-something) have hellish problems trying to change that...until I took two pillows and put one on each side of my shoulders, making it impossible to do the big rollover in the night Smile I had a very bad NL fold on my right side as I slept on this side. It has been gradually improving since I got into the habit of using the two extra pillows. That diet MD is not a good idea if you want to have a great skin...it's full of weird chemicals.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
yes otherloulou, I'm interested in the eye exercises too! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |