Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Colorscience Eyes Wide Open
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE this product. It's a very light pale aqua-blue opaque liquid in a lip-gloss style applicator tube. I use Lise Watier's pale blue (color wheel) at the outer corners of my eyes, where I need something heavier to cover a darkness on the right-hand side but CEWO is brilliant for applying over makeup to give a glow to the eye area. I apply it to the corners of the eye and inner nose adjacent to the eye and sweep down and out across the "triangle of youth" that glows on the faces of babies and young children. It's a little trick-of-the-trade that really makes the face appear more youthful. I am especially impressed with the light consistency of this product. It flows beautifully, is easy to apply with the applicator wand, and gives just the right amount of pale, eye-enhancing glow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
what do you mean by triangle of youth?..........i did a search and it seems like those nasolabial fold lines near the mouth going down to the chin forming a triangle? Please correct me if i am wrong. Now did you apply this product on those lines?.......would that not be noticeable for its pale aqua blue liquid?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sim, I wrote about this triangle of youth on another thread. Back in the 80s, one of the makeup artists to the stars (I can't remember which one) wrote a book where he showed photos of babies and children, pointing out a triangular area that glowed on their faces. He then showed how to make this area glow in the same way on the adult face and dubbed it the "triangle of youth." If you place one point of the triangle in the inner corner of the eye, the second point about two inches south along the line of the nose, then the third point equidistant from those points and blended outwards over to the start of the cheekbone, you will have created this triangle. He suggested using a lighter shade of makeup for this area, or white, well blended in. The Eyes Wide Open is very light and liquid and is perfect for this application.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
This product is in my bag for the next EDS purchase. I'm curious to give it a try. Thanks Antonia. Love your name.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sis and Happy New Year to you. I was actually Christened Toni. Being girl #4, I was supposed to be a boy with the name of Anthony St. John (very British!). I changed it to Antonia a few years ago and most people call me Tonia for short (although it's really for long Laughing ). I love the blue. I was looking through the January Style magazine and you can see the lighter area to the sides of the upper nose in virtually every model.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Antonia for clearing that up...although a picture can be a thousand words - do you have any pics?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I did have pics. Perhaps I'll draw it on a model and try to attach the scan. If you look at pics in magazines, it's pretty easy to spot how the makeup artist or Photoshopper has lightened this area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Okay! Tried this out tonight - the triangle - didn't have exactly the right products but used a concealor with a light hand - one that has a glow quality. It was nice and definitely worth it.
It really is a noticeable thing - but not obvious. My boyfriend told me how beautiful my eyes were and how pretty and on. (Thanks Honey).
Actually what I really meant to say is Thanks Antonia....

Sis
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I also recommend Colorescience Eye Serum.I tried the Shrinking Violet.Its liquid crystals can make the fine line around my eyes be tightened.The funny part is its colour can make my dark circle been lightened.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this. My tiny tube seems like it's 1/3 full, and it's white, not at all even light blue. I'm kind of disappointed because it goes on very sheer and doesn't seem to do anything, and I don't want to use too much because there is so little product to begin with!
has their quality gone down, or what?

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:31 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I just bought this. My tiny tube seems like it's 1/3 full, and it's white, not at all even light blue. I'm kind of disappointed because it goes on very sheer and doesn't seem to do anything, and I don't want to use too much because there is so little product to begin with!

--avalange

I tried it, too. Unfortunately, I was not impressed and it certainly didn't give me this wonderful glowy look! It is a VERY tiny tube.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
avalange wrote:

--avalange

I tried it, too. Unfortunately, I was not impressed and it certainly didn't give me this wonderful glowy look! It is a VERY tiny tube.

Does anyone know of a product that WILL provide this effect? I have tried doing the "triangle" thing, copying one of Kandee Johnsons videos...but I can't get it right using concealers or mineral powders.......

Any ideas

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
to be sure, this is a concealer? Not eye cream, correct?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
to be sure, this is a concealer? Not eye cream, correct?

Natalyn, it is the one in the picture about half-way up this page. I am not sure if they call it a concealer or not, to be honest with you!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I have this one too, and for sure it's tiny. However I quite like it now I've got the hang of using it. I don't think it's really a concealer, but I use it for the triangle area. I put a thickish dab on both spots under the eye, then do my eyeliner and mascara, and then it's thickened up enough to use on the triangle. I like the way it brightens the face having that area lighter. I don't wear makeup that often though so wouldn't like to see how long it would last for a tube if you wore it everyday.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I have today ordered with great difficulty (no one wants to ship to Australia grrrr) a product that is supposed to do the same thing....called Signature Club Anchorwoman Blue (LOL).

Has some great reviews out there and is cheap at $9.99. So we will see....

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
I have today ordered with great difficulty (no one wants to ship to Australia grrrr) a product that is supposed to do the same thing....called Signature Club Anchorwoman Blue (LOL).

rebecca

Rebecca, I think that is one product that Antonia likes, as well. Somewhere I think she stated the differences between the Anchorwoman and the Colorscience product. Let us know if you like the Anchorwoman and if it provides a glow in this triangle area!
havana8

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Here's the link to the original thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34951

Sis really liked the Signature Clubs Anchorwoman Blue.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:

rebecca

Rebecca, I think that is one product that Antonia likes, as well. Somewhere I think she stated the differences between the Anchorwoman and the Colorscience product. Let us know if you like the Anchorwoman and if it provides a glow in this triangle area!

Thanks!! I'll check it out!

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Here's the link to the original thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34951

Sis really liked the Signature Clubs Anchorwoman Blue.

Thanks for searching that up for me, going to look now!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana. The original rec came to me from Antonia who is an expert in this beauty business!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |