Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anything under $100?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
This is the third or fourth time I've tried to post this question...I guess it keeps getting kicked out for "spam words" but I don't know what was in my original post that would be spam..

anyhow...I'm wondering if there are any "devices" out there for around $100 that offers any benefit for anti-aging. I'm paying off one kid's college and have another one starting in the fall so that's all I can spend.

I'm 51 with sagging (I'd say minor to moderate), crepiness around eyes and wrinkles. I've spent too much to count on skincare products from DS to high end that do nothing.

Any input would be appreciated...
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Do facial exercises plus massage. You can get two programs FlexEffect (book + DVD) for about $60, and Ageless (downloadable book) for $10. They are not exactly tools that you are looking for, but they deliver results for the issues you specified!!!

Read facial exercises threads, if you have not done so yet.

Do you do Facial Excercises?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=17697

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31539
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the response. I have the FE program but it's so time consuming, I didn't stick with it.

I think I will get the Ageless one. Can't beat the price, that's for sure.

Do you have and do both?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
This is true that FE is time consuming, and at the same time it is very comprehensive. You do not have to do both FE and Ageless, although some people do it. I myself do a merge of exercises from different sources.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
This is true that FE is time consuming, and at the same time it is very comprehensive. You do not have to do both FE and Ageless, although some people do it. I myself do a merge of exercises from different sources.

I totally agree that facial exercise + massage is the most valuable "tool" out there. It never wears out, is completely portable, needs no batteries and gives YOU control over the health of your skin instead of the cosmetics companies!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
mpstat wrote:

I totally agree that facial exercise + massage is the most valuable "tool" out there. It never wears out, is completely portable, needs no batteries and gives YOU control over the health of your skin instead of the cosmetics companies!!

Hi Lorraineg57 and welcome! I third mpstat's suggestion. I have a various assortment of tools and if I had to pick just one facial rejuvenating tool it would definitely be Ageless and massage. I do not have FE because I did not want to commit to the time but I have seen improvements in my under eye area and ll's with Ageless in about 3 weeks. Know I have a long ways to go...however it took me a while to get here!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I've just started the Ageless program myself and the eye area is starting to look better. So I join the chorus in favor of trying facial exercises.

If you are looking for a gadget, though, to add to the exercises, think about putting money away for a bit till you have what you need. I'm very impressed with the LED I use, but it's quite a bit over your limit. But, if you put away a few extra dollars a week towards your gadget fund, in a short while you'll have enough. (My husband just got laid off, so I know about budgeting first hand, sadly...)
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Good suggestion about putting money away for a gadget! I also have ProLight LED, and it is really good. Meanwhile you can proceed with facial exercises, and dedicate time and effort to them. It will take some time for you to start seeing muscle toning results from exercises, and skin improvements from massage, but they will come.
flitcraft wrote:
I've just started the Ageless program myself and the eye area is starting to look better. So I join the chorus in favor of trying facial exercises.

If you are looking for a gadget, though, to add to the exercises, think about putting money away for a bit till you have what you need. I'm very impressed with the LED I use, but it's quite a bit over your limit. But, if you put away a few extra dollars a week towards your gadget fund, in a short while you'll have enough. (My husband just got laid off, so I know about budgeting first hand, sadly...)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lorraine - I am with my EDS girls here - the Facial Exercise approach is definitely the way to go. Just be sure to do it everyday or 5-6 days a week. Ageless if you dare is very economical at $10.00 and very effective. You will see results soon and meanwhile can save for a gadget. Some will suggest the dermaroller so you can get better penetration of product and some collagen growth. Like mpstat I have an LED light (prolight red) this is for collagen also. Best of luck
Sis
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I think the DermaWand is under $100. It's worth having for pimple zapping alone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
apart from facial exercises, which probably give the best results for the cheapest price, I found a led device for $ 40 on ebay, but with shipping included it's $ 65. Don't know if it's strong enough though. here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/7COLORS-PHOTON-LED-SKIN-REJUVENATION-ION-MICROCURRENT-d_W0QQitemZ200303914126QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090129?IMSfp=TL090129122002r1091
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Wow...this is a busy place! I've downloaded the Ageless book but haven't looked at it yet. Doubt if that will happen today since it's SuperBowl day and I live outside Pgh.....(avid Steelers fan!)

I looked at LED lights about a year ago but I'm really lazy about skin care. I have the FE book but I'm too lazy to devote that much time to it.
I'm afraid to spend the $ on a good LED and end up not taking the time to use it.

Thanks for the many helpful responses!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
Wow...this is a busy place! I've downloaded the Ageless book but haven't looked at it yet. Doubt if that will happen today since it's SuperBowl day and I live outside Pgh.....(avid Steelers fan!)

I looked at LED lights about a year ago but I'm really lazy about skin care. I have the FE book but I'm too lazy to devote that much time to it.
I'm afraid to spend the $ on a good LED and end up not taking the time to use it.

Thanks for the many helpful responses!

Lorraine, you and I must be twins separated at birth...I also fall into the lazy camp, further complicated by working too much right now. Confused

FlexEffect - I bought it, read it, and shelved it. Initially overwhelming and too time consuming for me to stick to.

LED - I bought it, used it religiously for a month, shelved it (too time consuming), and finally just sold it.

Ageless - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Plus I have had great results (pics in the Ageless thread). Even time constrained or lazy people can do 5 mins a day/4 days a week. Very Happy

Congrats, and hopefully your success will be as great as mine! Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |