Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone is cutting back on skincare budget due to economy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
As I added yet another item on my lemming list, it just occurred to me that I was trying to cut back due to the economy. Just wondering if anyone else has to cut back on skincare products. Are they considered necesity or luxury items in this hard time? Do you think you can stay within the reduced budget? I think I'm going to have a hard time. What is your yearly budget for skincare before and now?
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I think there is another similar thread somewhere around EDS . .. . but yes I have definitely cut back since I have been laid off since November.

Plus I am not able to collect unemployment since I held a self-employed contract position. I just started temping so I well get a little income stream, but still I need a job !

I have not made purchases as a result and for me, this has been good overall since sometimes (well .. many times) I purchase things before I use what I already have in my stash.

My skin has not suffered as a result. Lesson learned I guess but still it would be nice to have a little fun money.
havana8

Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
LuvToSmile wrote:
I think there is another similar thread somewhere around EDS . .. . but yes I have definitely cut back since I have been laid off since November.

Here is that recent thread:

Has the economic crash affected your cosmetic spending?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31708
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am definitely cutting back on my skincare spending and trying to use up all the creams and lotions I already have in my cupboard. I seem to be using a lot of different products all the time and my skin is fine with it so I'll continue until it goes crazy again.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Making my own.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am more likely to return stuff that I don't like. Before I would just keep it and let it collect dust.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Agree with Fawnie - More DIY products and definitely using up what you have! Plus getting smarter about buying products. Instead of the expensive brand find something similar in a lesser known brand item.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes..i've cut back on spending in general..and it feels quit easy and natural to do so...and i feel better about myself ..although i never have been a big spender in any arena of my life.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jefftiew

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Previously i will just buy some new product just to test but now i do not so basically now i will only buy those product that's going to finished.
irunchik
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Are you kidding? everything needs to be cut back....its not just the economy is bad the comsption mania has gone out of hand....seriously...pay off your credit cards first...
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I've cut back on makeup/hair products but not skin care. But I'm pretty much sticking with what I know works and not trying lots of new things.

For me its a necessity. My skin is so reactive and acne prone if I slack on my skin care my skin shows it.

I have tried to find some cheaper alternatives to some of the more expensive items I use but havent been happy with them. I use a mix of high and low end items so that probably helps to be able to keep using the more expensive items.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
It's a kind of cutting back. but I am trying to stick to one line long enough to give it a fair trial. I don't spend money frivolously in other areas so for now this is my treat to myself, nurturing to my spirit and my skin. I tend to buy the mid priced products (a few higher ones but not the really, really expensive lines)and when they are on sale or have a gift with purchase. I find it hard to incorporate the lovely samples I've gotten since shopping at EDS. I'm treating myself to a facial this week which was on special at a great salon.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm TRYING to stop experimenting with new products and just stick to my current routine til I use up everything in my bathroom cabinet. Rolling Eyes But it's SO hard, especially when you read about product raves on this forum!!!

But I've definitely cut down spending on clothes and shoes, so I don't feel as badly
Jomin
5% products discount

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Last year I was exploring and buying way too many things that did not work for me. Now I am sticking to products that work, specially with this forum, I've learned ton of good info, so without going out to buy them before I know they are good or bad, I can buy what work, thus cut back a lot in spending.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I have gotten very serious with my DIY, and have revisited "drug store" brands.
lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am more conscious of how much product I use, and I would rather pay for products that deliver.
meg715
5% products discount

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have cut back on what I am buying, but the amount of products I want to try have increased dramatically

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
meg715 wrote:
I have cut back on what I am buying, but the amount of products I want to try have increased dramatically

You meant decreased dramatically?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have cut my skincare budget in half, and the botox session will have to stretch from every 4-5 months to every 8-9 months now. Also look for promotion and coupons more.

I would love to try DIY but I'm scared I would get it wrong.

I also try drugstore brands sold at cvs since they have satisfaction guarantee on all beauty products.

EDS is a great resource on alternative products that other members are posting. For example, lumigan at alldaychemist is so much cheaper than latisse or revitalash but is supposed to deliver the same results.
ourlovestory
5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:40 am      Reply with quote
As much as I would like to cut down on skincare products as they normally lasts around 3 months, I have ended up buying more skincare products as well as others unnecessary items to boasts the economy (*what a lousy excuse I am giving myself to buy more things!! hahahaha...) The buys are mainly due to attractive sales which is too great to resist! :P Anyway I do want to cut down on purchasing as the economy is not going to recover in a couple of years and I just have to purchase again when my skincare products runs out in another 3 months from now as I just made a skincare purchase recently :P *guilty look* Razz
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:17 am      Reply with quote
It's very hard to cut back when you're a member of the EDS forum Laughing

I am cutting back on other things like bought lunches and am trying to use the shoes and handbags I already have in my closet.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:37 am      Reply with quote
I am fine with my budget since the economy doesn't affect me. I'm lucky, still get my wage raised... PS: I am a big fan of skincare products but not for cosmetics. So I usually don't spend too much money on it.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:17 am      Reply with quote
[quote="miss anna"]It's very hard to cut back when you're a member of the EDS forum Laughing
quote]

ITA!!!!! I'm keeping an eye on the ZO thread..... Laughing
magsiemags
5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Yes i am cutting back on buying really what is useless gunk & no trips to my derm for botox & filler, ( that bit is really hard )
I'm learning much more about what actives my skin needs & what truly will work for me,
also doing derma rolling,using my Tua Viso, LouLou's ageless & waiting for my leds to arrive,

and no buying makeup just because it looks so pretty in the palette Embarassed
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Making my own.

Fawnie what type of products do you make? I'd love to hear about some recipes. I have never made DIY skincare, but I'd love to try.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |