Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Facial Exercise: Share the Process and Results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:26 am      Reply with quote
It is there along with some great recipes from others!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
It is there along with some great recipes from others!!!

I need help find the new thread! Where is it?

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Oh sorry follow me.Imageit is here http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=474802#474802

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
This is a link to the smoothie tread started by Toby:

Feeding your skin with Smoothies!!!!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35013
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Toby - we posted links to your smoothie thread simultaneously Laughing
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Great minds think alike Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all. You girls are awesome.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
Oh yeah, I've noticed that the puffiness in my face is proabably due to poor circulation and toxins. The Oil Control Method (OCM), which uses castor oil, helps the circulation and puffiness and even detox. But the green smoothies are an excellent nutritional choice to deal with that issue.

Inkyprose, couldn't agree more. Since I've added the OCM with castor oil, I haven't looked back. It seems to increase results exponentially. I'm a huge convert to the method. I still use my clarisonic in the evening with a special 'cleanser' I made up with SKB and salicylic acid (willowbark). But it's the OCM and all the ensuing massage that renders greater results. I like the SKB salycilic as a surface improver, but the OCM seems to have benefits through ever layer, including lymphatics!

Okay gals share this technique...I am clueless here Embarassed Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
trigger wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
Oh yeah, I've noticed that the puffiness in my face is proabably due to poor circulation and toxins. The Oil Control Method (OCM), which uses castor oil, helps the circulation and puffiness and even detox. But the green smoothies are an excellent nutritional choice to deal with that issue.

Inkyprose, couldn't agree more. Since I've added the OCM with castor oil, I haven't looked back. It seems to increase results exponentially. I'm a huge convert to the method. I still use my clarisonic in the evening with a special 'cleanser' I made up with SKB and salicylic acid (willowbark). But it's the OCM and all the ensuing massage that renders greater results. I like the SKB salycilic as a surface improver, but the OCM seems to have benefits through ever layer, including lymphatics!

Okay gals share this technique...I am clueless here Embarassed Laughing

Toby,

Here is a good thread on it:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9717

I love it. The first time I did it, my pores expelled their guts without my even touching my skin. I had white plugs just spit out of my pores. It was gross, but cool.

cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I know I'm late chiming in on the topic of time commitment, but I learned that for me, the key to sticking with facial exercises was to focus not on all the exercises, but rather to focus on what amount time would I be willing and happy to do facial exercises for each day. I like to look at it as a trade-off: the happiness-time investment analysis (aka risk-benefit analysis) Smile Smile

I could not commit myself to 7 hours a week (1 hr a day) or even 4 hours a week. So I decided I would be very happy and not overwhelmed if I could average 20 minutes of facial exercises and massage every day. So that's what I've been doing: ~ 2.3 hours of facial exercise + massage a week. When I look at it that way--as just over a 2 hour per week commitment--it really puts it in perspective that it is not a large time commitment for me or almost anyone Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
That's a good mental way to keep it in perspective. And now that we are multi-tasking: drinking smoothies made and cleaned up in less than 5 minutes - on the way to work - we have extra time to do some facial massage in the morning and we can knock out a few exercises too (YAY!) Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hey ladies - Hope y'all don't mind if I redirect this back to the topic of facial exercise process and results.

But -
P.S. Just bought castor oil, jojoba and avocado for OCM...
That thread should be rejuvenated by one of you gals.

Confession: haven't done my facial exercises in two days and I feel guilty Shock Rolling Eyes Time flies - you think you're doing so good and then whammo.
Tomorrow - I'm doing a full FE (32 exercises in total for me).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing most of the FE and Ageless every day, and have gotten very good at multi-tasking the exercises along with other activities (reading threads on eds!)

So yesterday I noticed that my undereye area is puffy and today saw a sort of crescent-shaped line at the top of my cheek (mostly just on one side, where I had more puffiness). Should I blame this on exercises? If so, which? I am sure there is a thread on this somewhere in eds but thought I'd try here first.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
a crescent shaped line showed up? in an area where you were puffy before?
I think it is one of two things- short term sudden puffiness leaving your face left a temporary wrinkle that will shrink when the tissue is reabsorbed from being swollen, or now that you have reduced long term puffiness crinkling has been revealed. either way, massage, ice and making sure you are properly hydrated will help. Make sure you are only working the area at most once a day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
a crescent shaped line showed up? in an area where you were puffy before?

No, new puffiness, so I'll go with theory #1 and hope the line is gone soon! Yesterday, one side was so puffy I could glimpse it out of the corner (actually the bottom) of my eye and that has never happened before.

I don't think there is any part of my face that I am working only once a day!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 am      Reply with quote
puffiness tends to be your bodies way of telling that it's getting a little workout. Like when you work your legs and you wake up sore.

Post a cropped picture of the line... easier to guide you in what you're looking at...

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post my questions, if not pls direct me to the correct thread. Thanks.

I have posted my questions in other forums but would also like to hear the opinions of fellow EDS members who are facial exercisers.

I have recently noticed that my face is plumper immediately after my cheek exercises??? In fact, immediately after my facial workout, my lower cheeks look much fuller that it seems that my gauntness is gone. But alas, this effect lasted only about 20 mins to 1 hr depending on the length and intensity of my workout.... I have been doing facial exercises for about 4 months and have only noticed this phenomenon this past 2-3 days. Beside the gauntness, i also realise that the vertical line or bulge( i really don't know what it is) running from the middle of my cheek to my jawline seems to improve quite abit too. I really wonder what causes that line or bulge to develop because i have observed that this line or bulge isn't from any expression i made . And what will cause it to go away??
Does the temporary "fullness" mean that i am closer to filling out my sunken cheeks?? I am hoping that this temporary effect will soon become permanent.
I would really be grateful if someone could help shed some light on the aforementioned concerns that i have. Thanks.

Cecilia
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Take a cropped picture and let us see what you're talking about.

Which program are you doing. Your results could be do to a variety of things.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cecelia - welcome aboard.
I am really hoping Claudia will jump in here to respond. She has been at this a long time and would surely have some background to help answer your questions.

I know that lines will appear as your face starts to shift and lift and eventually they disappear. This is a good thing.

It is the bloodflow which is causing the temporary plumpness but in my experience it does become more permanent. When you exercise your body - your muscles get pumped and look a bit more prominent for a time - blood flow, etc (temporary) but as you work out more and maintain the program the build of your muscles becomes a permanent thing so long as you continue.

Now, let's hope claudia will add to this in a more meaningful way Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the flex effect. Does anyone know how long it takes to ship out?
Also when I first placed the order, the payment didnt go through because something happened to my comp. So I re ordered and made the payment. But I got an email saying that my first order is cancelled. What about the second one with payment then? Does anyone know? argh. Im so anxious that it wont be processed or something. I emailed twice but no reply yet. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I just ordered the flex effect. Does anyone know how long it takes to ship out?
Also when I first placed the order, the payment didnt go through because something happened to my comp. So I re ordered and made the payment. But I got an email saying that my first order is cancelled. What about the second one with payment then? Does anyone know? argh. Im so anxious that it wont be processed or something. I emailed twice but no reply yet. Sad

I received two automated confirmations (not sure why two) almost immediately after ordering. I hope they respond to your emails soon.

I believe it took about 5 days before the package arrived. Note that I am located only a few hundred miles from FE (though I don't remember where the package came from) so that may be a factor.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Cecilia... I saw your post, or one exactly like it over on FE... answered there... as it's good info for Flexers...

http://flexeffect.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4260&page=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia - Thanks for answering to Cecelia - unfortunately for me I can't access the FE forum - for some reason. I have my number (wrote it in my book) but maybe I forgot my username...? I used to have an automatic log-in set up and I never did much conversing - just lots of reading in the past.

Do you suppose you could cut and paste here for our faithful folks to read - I know you have answered things like this before and you really get the point across.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
This was posted to our general forum. Anyone can register and log in. There is not a code associated to this. However, if you can't get in... please PM the following info, and I'll pull your info for you (and I THINK I can reset your password)... Username if you know it, or e-mail address that you would have signed up with.

Yeah... I don't mind cutting and pasting...

No one uses all the fiber in their muscle. Chances are you were not engaging the muscles as much as you've just figured out in the last 2-3 days. You're incorporating more fibers, the muscle is contracting harder... thus filling with blood/pump. The result is likely to become more perm. as the muscles gains more strength.

With regard to the line... I'm hesitant to DX without a photo. It's hard to be sure what you are talking about. And I've had one two many instances coaching a person on their "frown lines", when they meant NL's or smile lines... So, a very generic answer is that I would assume it's evidence of weekend tissues. As you gain strength in the muscle and tissues, it should smooth out. I suspect, that a portion of your cheek is a bit stronger than the other... Catch up in the other areas will allow for the smoothing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
JaclynS wrote:
I am 60 do you think it is to late to start the facial exercises, I did go ahead and order the book Ageless" I figure it could'nt hurt. My TMJ does hurt and click if I open my mouth to wide or work my jaw from side to side so I will just follow the exercises that do not require that type of movement.

I do the Ageless exercises myself, there are no exercises where you need to open your mouth wide in order to do them.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |