Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin issues for 25-35
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
We have a thread for skin issues for people aged 55 and up. What about a thread for those preventing anti-aging issues!

I think this thread will be great for beginners who want to start out on a proper skincare regime to help lessen/prevent aging skin issues.

For me, I'm 25 and I just got on the bandwagon for most of the products. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress. So far I have bought

(1) Clarisonic - use twice weekly
(2) Vitamin C serum - use twice weekly
(3) Lymphatic drainage massage - done once a week
(4) Home based DIY dark rings eliminators - done twice a week in a bid to rid my dark rings
(5) ProLight Red - not arrived yet
(6) Easy Eye Tuck - not arrived yet

A friend of mine told me not to use products that are too strong, or else when I get older it will be hard to find products to combat my issues. Is that true?

What other products are you using? Or will you recommend?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Good for you, but UH OH! Shock I don't see any broad spectrum high spf/ppd sunscreen! THAT is your best hedge against ageing!!!!

Here's some good basics:
http://www.smartskincare.com/skincarebasics/skincare_in_20s.html

Hope this helps!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
We have a thread for skin issues for people aged 55 and up. What about a thread for those preventing anti-aging issues!

I think this thread will be great for beginners who want to start out on a proper skincare regime to help lessen/prevent aging skin issues.

For me, I'm 25 and I just got on the bandwagon for most of the products. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress. So far I have bought

(1) Clarisonic - use twice weekly
(2) Vitamin C serum - use twice weekly
(3) Lymphatic drainage massage - done once a week
(4) Home based DIY dark rings eliminators - done twice a week in a bid to rid my dark rings
(5) ProLight Red - not arrived yet
(6) Easy Eye Tuck - not arrived yet

A friend of mine told me not to use products that are too strong, or else when I get older it will be hard to find products to combat my issues. Is that true?

What other products are you using? Or will you recommend?

If I were you, I would definitely add tretinoin (RetinA) to that regime.

Also, I would consider maybe exfoliating from time to time, depending on your skin type.

Finally, as the previous poster said.. don't forget sunscreen Smile

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
cejl
5% products discount

Fri May 22, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:

Can you tell me a little more about this?? very interested..

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 12:02 am      Reply with quote
How can I forget! I do put on sunscreen everyday before I go out. My dermatologist actually told me that RetinA will be too harsh for my skin and hence I haven't thought about using that yet. Also, I use the Clarisonic twice weekly, I think that should solve the exfoliation part right?

cejl wrote:
funkydory wrote:

I posted it in the DIY forum. Here's the thread
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34004

I have been doing the hot cold treatment + gelatin mask thing for about a week and there has been a slight improvement. My right dark ring is usually bigger than my left and now it seems to have shrunk to be the same size as the leftie. I will continue to do this.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the thread...got a quick question regarding your Lymphatic drainage massage.

Are you doing this yourself, because I can't imagine how expensive this would be to get a weekly massage for your Lymphatic system - done once a week . I'd rather spend that money on a deep tissue/shiatsu...haha.

Also what are the benefits of this?

thanks!
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 5:07 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
How can I forget! I do put on sunscreen everyday before I go out. My dermatologist actually told me that RetinA will be too harsh for my skin and hence I haven't thought about using that yet.

Maybe you could ask your dermatologist to prescribe you something like 0.001 to start or something, if you have sensitive skin.

But really tretinoin is THE anti-aging active. Smile

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
cejl
5% products discount

Sat May 23, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hmm.. maybe I'll give it a go.

In terms of skin issues for 25-35 in general, it seems to me that one of the most common challenges (at least amongst my lady friends) is balancing hormonal acne with dehydrated skin and oncoming wrinkles... my two best friends and I all have this problem. I think the dehydrated skin comes from trying to tackle the acne problem with harsh cleansers and topicals and being afraid to moisturize too much.. OR... on the flip side, the acne is worsened by using rich, comedogenic anti-aging creams being pushed at the pharmacy by Vichy, etc.

Finding that delicate balance is so hard (without spending $$)! Also, thinking of your skin in the present and the future..

Funkydory - how are you liking the Clarisonic? I am thinking of investing in some gadgets, but have no idea where to start.. is it really abrasive?

funkydory wrote:
How can I forget! I do put on sunscreen everyday before I go out. My dermatologist actually told me that RetinA will be too harsh for my skin and hence I haven't thought about using that yet. Also, I use the Clarisonic twice weekly, I think that should solve the exfoliation part right?

cejl wrote:
funkydory wrote:

I posted it in the DIY forum. Here's the thread
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34004

I have been doing the hot cold treatment + gelatin mask thing for about a week and there has been a slight improvement. My right dark ring is usually bigger than my left and now it seems to have shrunk to be the same size as the leftie. I will continue to do this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's a grand idea for to start a thread for 25-35. I've just turned 30 and I am not doing much except for cleansing in the evening sometimes with my homemade soap, and sometimes with rose water, and Dr. H rose light day cream.
I use mineral makeup with SPF, and I don't like tan, so I stay out of the sun. Of course if I am outside in the park I'd wear sunscreen.

Have seen people talking about RetinA and Vit C serums, and drainage massage - just seems like a lot of hassle to me - I don't have that much time to just do skin.
nomi

Sat May 23, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use vitmin C serum and retin A as well as sunscreen.

Really is not a hassle at all lol Retin A takes about 10 seconds a day Laughing
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 4:45 am      Reply with quote
yomama606 wrote:
Thanks for the thread...got a quick question regarding your Lymphatic drainage massage.

Are you doing this yourself, because I can't imagine how expensive this would be to get a weekly massage for your Lymphatic system - done once a week . I'd rather spend that money on a deep tissue/shiatsu...haha.

Also what are the benefits of this?

thanks!

Hi yomama! I posted a little thread with a simple face massage you can do yourself

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34064

Lymphatic drainage is rather costly and I could never afford going once a week! I do this massage on myself weekly and its quite relaxing.

cejl wrote:

Funkydory - how are you liking the Clarisonic? I am thinking of investing in some gadgets, but have no idea where to start.. is it really abrasive?

When I first started the Clarisonic, I used it daily and I loved it! It made my pores smaller and my skin definitely had a certain glow to it. Then after 2 weeks of using it daily, I broke out all over! So I stopped using it and my face cleared up pretty quickly. I then asked around about it and some people advised me to use it max 3 times a week as it can be quite harsh on the skin. Since I have already paid quite a bit of the Clarisonic, I decided to start using it again but this time I use it once twice a week and I also do my mask after.

The Clarisonic is really an exfoliator and shouldn't be used too frequently for those with sensitive skin. I now really love it and don't need to get any exfoliating scrubs or what not. Using the Clarisonic also really cleanses the face, making it easier for the mask/serum that you put on after easier to get into the skin to maximise its full benefit.

An alternative to the Clarisonic would be the mircofiber cloth (i think), the Clarisonic is really quite expensive.

HTH!
Minimunny
5% products discount

Sun May 24, 2009 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
cejl wrote:

In terms of skin issues for 25-35 in general, it seems to me that one of the most common challenges (at least amongst my lady friends) is balancing hormonal acne with dehydrated skin and oncoming wrinkles... my two best friends and I all have this problem. I think the dehydrated skin comes from trying to tackle the acne problem with harsh cleansers and topicals and being afraid to moisturize too much.. OR... on the flip side, the acne is worsened by using rich, comedogenic anti-aging creams being pushed at the pharmacy by Vichy, etc.

Finding that delicate balance is so hard (without spending $$)! Also, thinking of your skin in the present and the future..

cejl, I'm a new member and just started to read a bit here and there, but reading your post made me scream: "Exactly!" It's so unfair, the blackhead problem is still there, but now wrinkles and dryness come on top.
Also, I am using only organic skincare and makeup which doesn't make finding good reviews and the proper products easier.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Great thread!

Those of you battling acne/blackheads and dehydration should check out my review for Hemp oil. My pores will clog if I even think about a moisturizer but Hemp oil has truly worked wonders for me. I too was stuck in the ugly cycle of having my skin dried out (yet oily) from acne products which really exacerbated my fine lines and made me look, well, rough. Out of all the skin care lines I have tried and all the techniques, money spent, Hemp oil is hands down the best the best thing I have ever used, fast results, cheap and addressed several issues with one product. Highly recommended!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34098

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
OK you got me curious now - what is RetinA, - who should be using it - i.e. what is it for, and can it be made at home - is there a recipe somewhere?

Lady speaking of the hemp oil - I agree - Hemp(especially organic) is a wonder oil. Even when going into carrier oils which are plant oils you need to keep in mind to look for non-comedogenic ones - I believe Apricot kernel is one of them, Hemp, Almond etc.
cejl
5% products discount

Mon May 25, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Minimunny wrote:

cejl, I'm a new member and just started to read a bit here and there, but reading your post made me scream: "Exactly!" It's so unfair, the blackhead problem is still there, but now wrinkles and dryness come on top.
Also, I am using only organic skincare and makeup which doesn't make finding good reviews and the proper products easier.

I would also like to use organic, natural skincare, but I find that many natural/holistic brands put too many ingredients in one given product and there's always just one that will cause irritation or breakouts.. I think there is still a lot of room for development in the natural skin care field. That is why my shelf is full of little bottles of individuals ingredients, i.e. essential oils, jojoba oil, etc... customized skin care!

Funkydory - I guess I'll stick to microfiber cloth (I bought a bunch at the Dollar Store) and the occasional 2% BHA for exfoliation. I was told by a esthetician that I had thinned out my skin by over-exfoliation, from both scrubs and 8% glycolic acid, so I am wary of too much exfol in general...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 4:44 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
OK you got me curious now - what is RetinA, - who should be using it - i.e. what is it for, and can it be made at home - is there a recipe somewhere?

Anyone, please feel free to correct me.

Retin-A is a prescription cream/gel that stimulates collagen growth. It is believe to reduce your pores, fine lines and slow-down/reverse the effects of aging.

I think some girls got their cream/gel from alldaychemist.com

You can get them in various concentrations. Just one point of note, the gel one is drier than the cream base ones.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
zverenok wrote:

Anyone, please feel free to correct me.

Retin-A is a prescription cream/gel that stimulates collagen growth. It is believe to reduce your pores, fine lines and slow-down/reverse the effects of aging.

I think some girls got their cream/gel from alldaychemist.com

You can get them in various concentrations. Just one point of note, the gel one is drier than the cream base ones.

you said I could feel free to correct you Laughing
one should NOT use Retin-A if she is pregnant or trying to get pregnant or nursing a baby.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

You said it is believed to do all those things - is there any scientific evidence to support this? From your experience do you see a difference?
What is it made of?
cejl
5% products discount

Tue May 26, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Quote:

You said it is believed to do all those things - is there any scientific evidence to support this? From your experience do you see a difference?
What is it made of?

there's lots of science to back it up, that is why dermatologists prescribe it so much.. Retin-A is in the family of retinoids, which are derived from Vitamin A.. if you google "topical retinoids", there is a lot of info.. Prescription retinoids are Differin, Tazorac, Retin-A.. then "cosmetic", non prescription retinoids would be retinol, maybe there's another derivation.. but there are tons of products with varying levels of retinol..

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking

- a high PPD sunscreen
- a vitC serum
- a retinoid such as Retin-A (gradually introducing)

These must be among the top preventative staples, right?

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
- a high PPD sunscreen
- a vitC serum

It sure sounds like it - I really want to make the VitC serum, sunscreen - I am still looking - have been using or subbing mineral makeup , and now need to do some research on RetinA - how I can make - what it's made of or if there are really good ones for sale without all the 'extra', unneeded ingredients...

So far, by just looking what EDS has for Retinol it starts at about $40/1oz.
Now I see some are a combination of vitC and retinol - is that a problem, in sense - does it prove to be better results if applied separately - on different days?
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ziggy wrote:
I'm thinking

- a high PPD sunscreen
- a vitC serum

Agreed, Ziggy. Maybe exfoliation too... microfiber cloths might be the cheapest way to do this.

zverenok wrote:

Lady speaking of the hemp oil - I agree - Hemp(especially organic) is a wonder oil. Even when going into carrier oils which are plant oils you need to keep in mind to look for non-comedogenic ones - I believe Apricot kernel is one of them, Hemp, Almond etc.

Argan oil is also a good one for this--it actually really helped with my stress acne last year. Vonstella, your review has made me really interested in hemp oil now too!

Also, for those watching their pennies (likely in this age group!), I just made my first Vit C serum following Kassy's recipe, and I'm thrilled--fabulous and cheap (after the start-up costs).

Question for this crowd: any under-eye serum/gel/cream recs? I'm mostly concerned with helping potential wrinkles and preventing milia (which I already have). I think a gel or something lighter might be more what I'm looking for because of the milia, and I'd love to hear what others have found (or if there's a good thread I'm missing). Thanks!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Dr. H eye day moisturizer, but I think I have a bit of milia too - you really have to look in the mirror and close up to see it....

I wonder if a bit of vit serum is also good for under eye - maybe once a week?
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
KBLang wrote:
Question for this crowd: any under-eye serum/gel/cream recs? I'm mostly concerned with helping potential wrinkles and preventing milia (which I already have). I think a gel or something lighter might be more what I'm looking for because of the milia, and I'd love to hear what others have found (or if there's a good thread I'm missing). Thanks!

I want to try Kassy's Vit C serum too! But I just bought a whole bunch of stuff so I'm thinking I'll do it next month. I dont even know where to start, where to get the blue bottles or sterilizer etc

Also, I just got the Easyeye tuck, I'll see if it works to remove the milia I have near my eyes. Occasionally, I apply some vaseline around my eye at night and this makes them really soft and hydrated by morning. I used to use Babor Sensational Eyes gel as well. I love that (but stopped using is cause I bought the Easyeye)

As for retin-A I'm thinking of ordering a tube from alldaychemist. It's only $2!! But I can't seem to find the shipping charges.
nomi

Tue May 26, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I buy from all day chemists for retin A.

It pays to buy a few tubes at once as the postage is about $25 I think - thats to Australia.

Its a lot cheaper than buying elsewhere.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |